1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. vegetaleb
    Actually the QT5 are under 20$ so I can get a pair,
    Damn! Just when I was going to place an order, you show me the QT5 :)
    Actually they are under 20$ so I can get them.
    The 2 pins cord is B or C? I mean the zs3/4 cable I have are compatible?
    Can you drive them as well as KZ iem on a good smartphone like the S10+?

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  2. nxnje
    If you wanna drive them with your smartphone then all changes.
    I like the QT5 but i feel they really smash if connected to an amplifier, they improve in everything while you'll just pull 75% of em without an amp.
    If you wanna driver them without an amp, i'd suggest buying the ZSN Pro so, as they're more energic and vivid with lower power sources.
    If you have a 20$ budget, you could buy ZSN Pro + KZ EDR1 (which I always suggest and I still use many times even if I've got more expensive stuff).

Regarding the cable, I've never understood this A/B/C differences.
    What I can say is that I use my QT5 with ZS7 and V80 cables with no problems.
    Hope it helps.

DynamicEars likes this.
  3. 1clearhead
    I have both. :ksc75smile:
    PRO is awesome! I personally like the ZSN PRO more! :beerchug:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    LaughMoreDaily and vegetaleb like this.
  4. vegetaleb
    Thanks
    One last question, what about the ZS5? Are they better than ZSN pro for details and mids ir the bass is too bleeding?

5. LaughMoreDaily
    I was thinking of getting the Pro but even though the ZSN is my fave it sounds metallic for some reason. :frowning2:

Does the ZSN Pro sound metallic at all?

6. DynamicEars
    still sound steely on timbre, with almost all hybrid KZ sound like that, they have improve so much in tuning, but I think tonality wise more depends on its sound source, their BA. As long as they still use same BA, i think they will sound steely

baskingshark and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  7. LaughMoreDaily
    I just ordered two models of BQEYZ's (KB100/KB1). If they are a huge improvement over KZ's I will be no longer be following this KZ thread.

After buying 15 KZ's, it's probably time to move on. Especially since KZ doesn't seem to be making huge improvements.

8. igorneumann
    It would be so much better if doesnt had ink in it... But I still like it.

9. DynamicEars
    I won't say huge improvement like you are going from KZ to above $150 iems like Moondrop Kanas Pro or tanchjim oxygen. depends on what KZ also. For example between my KB100 and ZS10 pro, there is no clear winner. Each one have pros and cons like soundstage wider in ZS10 pro, but imaging more precise in KB100, micro details are better in ZS10 pro but tonality wise KB100 sounds more correct and natural to me, not steely. Kb100 highs sounds smoother, ZS10 pro sounds harsher if compared directly, but ZS10 pro handles busier tracks better. Sub bass also better on ZS10 pro without mid bass bleed, KB100 have slight mid bass bleed.
    But personally for me I still prefer KB100 just because of tonality. That steely timbre from KZ BA really bugging me to be honest. Each of them still have room for improvements. They are both great value on their own way

10. ShakeThoseCans
    This is very interesting to me, as I am thinking of purchasing my first mobile AMP / DAC equipment. I don't need wireless capability, though, and am using an 'obsolete' iPod Touch Gen 4 at the moment.

The ES100 sounds highly-rated. But it may be overly complex for my needs. Is there something you would recommend (particularly on Amazon.ca) as a basic wired DAC/AMP for iPod / iPad?

courierdriver likes this.
  11. xxAMAROKxx
    Yes, graphs are at different scale ... and that's all. Frequency response looks totaly same.

12. ShakeThoseCans
    So there's no reason to get ZSN Pro if you already have a ZS10 Pro? (No reason other than cost).

13. citral23
    Literally 0 imo.

Buy some earbuds or something with the money

ShakeThoseCans likes this.
  14. ShakeThoseCans
    Thanks. Maybe I'll consider the ZS3 for reasons of comfort.

15. Mouseman
    I would say no. I have both, don't really use the Pros anymore.