Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 28, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #47,161 of 63,914
ZSN Pro are surrounded by the hype.
My opinion is that they're very good for the price, being a 70% of the ZS10 Pro pratically.
Anyway, treble gets a bit harsh sometimes, and soundstage is just average. Don't expect ZS6/ZS7 soundstage.
I'm sure you'll like it anyway, i mean almost everyone does and for the price we cannot ask more (but the QT5 is way better IMHO for some more dollars).
In any case, good luck with your shopping and enjoy your ZSN Pro, I'm sure i would have spoken even better if I didn't have much more stuff as the ZSN Pro are truly great for the price.

Actually the QT5 are under 20$ so I can get a pair,
ZSN Pro are surrounded by the hype.
My opinion is that they're very good for the price, being a 70% of the ZS10 Pro pratically.
Anyway, treble gets a bit harsh sometimes, and soundstage is just average. Don't expect ZS6/ZS7 soundstage.
I'm sure you'll like it anyway, i mean almost everyone does and for the price we cannot ask more (but the QT5 is way better IMHO for some more dollars).
In any case, good luck with your shopping and enjoy your ZSN Pro, I'm sure i would have spoken even better if I didn't have much more stuff as the ZSN Pro are truly great for the price.

Damn! Just when I was going to place an order, you show me the QT5 :)
Actually they are under 20$ so I can get them.
The 2 pins cord is B or C? I mean the zs3/4 cable I have are compatible?
Can you drive them as well as KZ iem on a good smartphone like the S10+?

Aug 28, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #47,162 of 63,914
Actually the QT5 are under 20$ so I can get a pair,

Damn! Just when I was going to place an order, you show me the QT5 :)
Actually they are under 20$ so I can get them.
The 2 pins cord is B or C? I mean the zs3/4 cable I have are compatible?
Can you drive them as well as KZ iem on a good smartphone like the S10+?

If you wanna drive them with your smartphone then all changes.
I like the QT5 but i feel they really smash if connected to an amplifier, they improve in everything while you'll just pull 75% of em without an amp.
If you wanna driver them without an amp, i'd suggest buying the ZSN Pro so, as they're more energic and vivid with lower power sources.
If you have a 20$ budget, you could buy ZSN Pro + KZ EDR1 (which I always suggest and I still use many times even if I've got more expensive stuff).

Regarding the cable, I've never understood this A/B/C differences.
What I can say is that I use my QT5 with ZS7 and V80 cables with no problems.
Hope it helps.

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #47,166 of 63,914
I was thinking of getting the Pro but even though the ZSN is my fave it sounds metallic for some reason. :frowning2:

Does the ZSN Pro sound metallic at all?

still sound steely on timbre, with almost all hybrid KZ sound like that, they have improve so much in tuning, but I think tonality wise more depends on its sound source, their BA. As long as they still use same BA, i think they will sound steely

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #47,167 of 63,914
I just ordered two models of BQEYZ's (KB100/KB1). If they are a huge improvement over KZ's I will be no longer be following this KZ thread.

After buying 15 KZ's, it's probably time to move on. Especially since KZ doesn't seem to be making huge improvements.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #47,168 of 63,914
lol it's not like the CCA is much better with this logo in bold.

But at least it's looking comfier than zsx.

It would be so much better if doesnt had ink in it... But I still like it.

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #47,169 of 63,914
I just ordered two models of BQEYZ's (KB100/KB1). If they are a huge improvement over KZ's I will be no longer be following this KZ thread.

After buying 15 KZ's, it's probably time to move on. Especially since KZ doesn't seem to be making huge improvements.

I won't say huge improvement like you are going from KZ to above $150 iems like Moondrop Kanas Pro or tanchjim oxygen. depends on what KZ also. For example between my KB100 and ZS10 pro, there is no clear winner. Each one have pros and cons like soundstage wider in ZS10 pro, but imaging more precise in KB100, micro details are better in ZS10 pro but tonality wise KB100 sounds more correct and natural to me, not steely. Kb100 highs sounds smoother, ZS10 pro sounds harsher if compared directly, but ZS10 pro handles busier tracks better. Sub bass also better on ZS10 pro without mid bass bleed, KB100 have slight mid bass bleed.
But personally for me I still prefer KB100 just because of tonality. That steely timbre from KZ BA really bugging me to be honest. Each of them still have room for improvements. They are both great value on their own way

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #47,170 of 63,914
Your comments about the ES100 are moving me to that device. I'm looking to free up my smartphone from an attached dac/amp, but still have higher output from balanced and limited battery power drain from my smartphone.

I'm starting to think that the Earsonics ES100 is a better option now. My goal is to reduce the weight and complexity of my current setup, and allow me more functionality with my smartphone, while still retaining high SQ. I'm gonna pull the plug on the ES100 tomorrow. It's $129 on Amazon.ca and includes fast 2 day shipping, cause I'm a Prime member. Thanks, @Slater! Looking forward to getting this device.

This is very interesting to me, as I am thinking of purchasing my first mobile AMP / DAC equipment. I don't need wireless capability, though, and am using an 'obsolete' iPod Touch Gen 4 at the moment.

The ES100 sounds highly-rated. But it may be overly complex for my needs. Is there something you would recommend (particularly on Amazon.ca) as a basic wired DAC/AMP for iPod / iPad?

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #47,171 of 63,914
But they look to have a different tunning judging by the frequency response graphs... That said they are at different scale.

Looks like they want ti present the Terminator as the balanced one and the CCA as the V one.

Yes, graphs are at different scale ... and that's all. Frequency response looks totaly same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back