Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 8, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #42,406 of 64,394
OK, so I've just tried out the memory foam tips from KZ, those that come in a 3 pair pack of 3 different sizes, red color. My first sensation was awesome, touching the foam is in itself a very pleasant experience, hahaha. Well, I've tried them in the KZ ZS7 and I think they are a little bit more comfortable than silicone tips. They feel really great and comfy.
What do you think about them? How good are they compared to the way more expensive "comply" memory foam, which costs $6 a pair, while it costed me $2 x3 pairs from KZ?

What's supposedly the difference between foam and silicone tips?
Besides feeling it different and a little bit more comfortable (the foam ones), in terms of sound I of course didn't notice anything. May be the treble a little more harsh than silicone? Or I could be imagining that? I don't know, this is so subjective and placebo...
Anyways, if they last quite a few months, may be I forget about silicone tips, which have been my all time choice, and become a foam fan.

Oh, I also feel they isolate worse.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #42,407 of 64,394
Possibly the same as CCA but with KZ branding.
There's a image of the C16 internals with board marked up as ''AS16" I think on CCA thread.
I'll wait and see, was going to buy C16...but now

See the difference both C10 and zs10. Absolutely different.

We'll see a different tuning and maybe different driver

Mar 8, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #42,408 of 64,394
Updated the sig, but can't hide my excitement. Just managed to snag an Opus#1 for a great price. Looking forward to seeing how it plays with all these KZs...and in balanced mode, no less. :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #42,409 of 64,394
No need to get upset, even if it is. There’s ALWAYS something better, right? Not just with KZ, but anything in life. The key is to find enjoyment in what you have.

ZS7 is great, so just keep in mind how much better the ZS7 is than all of the worse IEMs out there...and believe me there’s a lot.
I know. I bought all the bad iems/earbuds when I got into this hobby. Newbie mistake on not realizing how Chinese factories/companies operate.

Mar 8, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #42,410 of 64,394
Well I like my Tin T2's but IMHO they don't sound any better than my ZS6's so I'm inclined to believe the T3's are not going to take out the ZS7's or even sound better for that matter but I'll let you know on the ZS7's soon and for a BA and DD less than the ZS7's I doubt I'll ever know if the 3 BA whips booty on the 4 BA + DD:rolling_eyes: Then again I bet a lot will buy both to test what I won't shell out for either I mean this is Head-Fi:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I heard one person say the Tin Audio T2's sound like cheap toys compared to the T3. I also heard the T3 was 'Open with no isolation'. Sounds like a fail. I'm sticking to KZ and you should too. :wink:

Mar 8, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #42,412 of 64,394
I heard one person say the Tin Audio T2's sound like cheap toys compared to the T3. I also heard the T3 was 'Open with no isolation'. Sounds like a fail. I'm sticking to KZ and you should too. :wink:

Well LMD, I have ZS7’s coming and bo desire to try any other Tin’s. I’m be willing to bet the person with the no isolation problem with the T3 just had not found the right tip/cable combo and like the old D2000’s that shell design is one of the hardest fits I’ve ever found and tip/cable combo is crucial to a good fit/seal:thumbsup:

Mar 8, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #42,413 of 64,394
Oh no! I hope they won't be better than my C16 :beyersmile:.
IMO, the biggest improvement KZ can make to AS16 is - cheaper!
With KZ's sales volume over CCA's, it's probably not that difficult.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #42,414 of 64,394
Well LMD, I have ZS7’s coming and bo desire to try any other Tin’s. I’m be willing to bet the person with the no isolation problem with the T3 just had not found the right tip/cable combo and like the old D2000’s that shell design is one of the hardest fits I’ve ever found and tip/cable combo is crucial to a good fit/seal:thumbsup:

I’m willing to bet the fit is the issue as well, as it can be a troublesome fit.

I was hoping they would have totally changed the shell design for the T3. But alas, they came the same basic design.

Mar 8, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #42,415 of 64,394
Slater your fit thing with the tins has me hesitant to try them. I’m interested in T3 but if its a possible fit issue I’m out. The BA10s still baffle me as sometimes I can get a good seating but others zilch....bums me out because they sound very good.

Mar 9, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #42,416 of 64,394
Slater your fit thing with the tins has me hesitant to try them. I’m interested in T3 but if its a possible fit issue I’m out. The BA10s still baffle me as sometimes I can get a good seating but others zilch....bums me out because they sound very good.

Well maybe they’ll fit you great. Everyone’s ears are different. The sound is certainly good enough to give them a try and take the gamble.

One nice thing about the T2 is it’s designed to be worn up or down. So at least you have some flexibility in finding the best fit for your ears.

Mar 9, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #42,417 of 64,394
What is this talking about as16 about?

Mar 9, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #42,420 of 64,394
Oh! So there's a dedicated CCA impressions thread now. Purely as a heads-up/FYI, our local Lazada.com has a store that sells the CCA 16 non-mic for the equivalent of only $71.65, and the mic version for $73.09. I'll be posting the link in the CCA thread.

damn, the cheapest I can get from a reseller here is usd$86, $72 is quite a lot of discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back