Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 11, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #41,717 of 63,988
So.. CCA C10 will fit with 4.9mm or 4.5mm diameter tips?

Regards!
I've used Spinfit CP 145 (4.5mm), New Bee Foam Tips (4.9mm), Final E Tips (tightest fit, so I assume smaller than Spinfits) on my CCA C10 before. I forgot if I've tried the KZ Whirlwind tips, but that one might have been way too wide.

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #41,719 of 63,988
Just got my zs7. Need burn in time, but my first impression is I like my trn v80 more.Treble is piercing my ears on zs7 for now.

If treble is piercing on the zs7 (which i don't actually feel) how can you stand the super aggressive lower treble of the v80s?
I mean i like both but the zs7 is definitely warmer on the treble..
Anyway, burn-in will not be effective
People say BAs can't be burned as they do not benefit, and the dynamic driver in the ZS7 works on the lower region.
That being said, burn-in will not help imho if you feel the treble being too much for you (strange because they're alright in the treble).
Try using other tips or changing source.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #41,720 of 63,988
If treble is piercing on the zs7 (which i don't actually feel) how can you stand the super aggressive lower treble of the v80s?

...Try using other tips or changing source.

+1 on the tips/source. I’d try some foam tips.

I too feel there’s no piercing treble on the ZS7 at all; it’s quite tame and unoffensive. Nothing like the ZS6.

Depending on the reddistic’s ear canal length and anatomy, perhaps it’s caused by an ear canal harmonic that he/she is especially sensitive to.

I agree though; to my ears the v80’s treble was much more energetic than the ZS7. But everyone’s ears are different.

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #41,721 of 63,988
Dude keep the bands coming, or send me a list. I need new music in my electronic genres, Entheogenic, Abakus,Shpongle, etc...Shpongle was my first find and I need more like it around it under and over it!
Hi! I don't know shpongle, I'll have to check it out. Here's another that sounds amazing on the C16, the album is called Words of a Mountain, it's brilliant. Check out the other tracks, especially Wolves in the Urals and Words of Grace.

Feb 11, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #41,722 of 63,988

I too feel there’s no piercing treble on the ZS7 at all; it’s quite tame and unoffensive. Nothing like the ZS6.

Depending on the reddistic’s ear canal length and anatomy, perhaps it’s caused by an ear canal harmonic that he/she is especially sensitive to.

I agree though; to my ears the v80’s treble was much more energetic than the ZS7. But everyone’s ears are different.

Just getting a chance of speaking about the ear canals, as my ears are different or that's what i feel at least. When i listen to my in ear headphones, the right ear is always more congested. Not a matter of source or iems, every iem is like that. It's like if the right ear loses some energy moreover in the upper and lower region, feeling a bit less punchy and airy/sparkling, losing some coherency and being a little congested, whether in the left ear everything is fine, all well separated and tons of detail when well reproduced.
Tried some tip rolling and the right ear canal is larger and i feel it's longer but when i get a good seal in both ears, the sound is different.. dunno how to solve this. Gonna try some foam tips but i'm afraid to lose some bass and treble which silicone tips really give me like paradise.

Feb 11, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #41,723 of 63,988
I mean i like both but the zs7 is definitely warmer on the treble..
Anyway, burn-in will not be effective
People say BAs can't be burned as they do not benefit, and the dynamic driver in the ZS7 works on the lower region.
That being said, burn-in will not help imho if you feel the treble being too much for you (strange because they're alright in the treble).
Try using other tips or changing source.

My wife told me exactly same as you two. She said V80 is piercing, zs7 has more balanced treble and full bass. I decided to go to doctor :)

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #41,725 of 63,988
Just getting a chance of speaking about the ear canals, as my ears are different or that's what i feel at least. When i listen to my in ear headphones, the right ear is always more congested. Not a matter of source or iems, every iem is like that. It's like if the right ear loses some energy moreover in the upper and lower region, feeling a bit less punchy and airy/sparkling, losing some coherency and being a little congested, whether in the left ear everything is fine, all well separated and tons of detail when well reproduced.
Tried some tip rolling and the right ear canal is larger and i feel it's longer but when i get a good seal in both ears, the sound is different.. dunno how to solve this. Gonna try some foam tips but i'm afraid to lose some bass and treble which silicone tips really give me like paradise.

I feel for you friend.

My right ear canal is very narrow compared to my left. Luckily, both sides sound the same and I can also wear the same size tips for both.

I would say you’re on the right track with your ideas. Try larger and/or different tips in that ear. If you’re worried about a foam tip reducing treble on the larger side, you can try making DIY hybrid tips by stuffing the foam behind a silicone tip. It will fill out the silicone tip and make it fit tighter, but will still sound like a silicone tip.

There’s different ways to make the hybrid tips; if you search you’ll find them. If you can’t locate the posts for whatever reason, lemme know because I’m pretty sure I have them bookmarked on my laptop.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #41,726 of 63,988
My right ear canal is bigger than my left. I can usually wear the same size in tips but I have trouble getting my right ear to seal sometimes. ZS7 treble sound great to me, not too bright at all.

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #41,730 of 63,988
Hey! I am going to buy my first KZ and I need your help with the choice. Maybe some of these: KZ ZS3 / ZS3E (5$), KZ ES3 (8$), KZ ZSN (9$), KZ ZSR (10$), or maybe KZ ZS10 (15$). I will use xiaomi mi 8 lite (supports aptx, aptx hd and aac), and most likely the KZ bluetooth module (due to the lack of 3.5mm). Reviews for all headphones are different and therefore difficult to decide :frowning2: . I have no special preferences in music, I listen to completely different genres. I also heard that the bluetooth module has problems with noise at low volume and loss of connection with the device (even while in pocket), is that true?

I'd say ZSN, can handle a fairly wide range of genre's (rock, rap, edm, pop, etc) and is not bad for what it is.

Depends on which bluetooth module.
IF you go for the TRN BT20 true wireless setup, it should be fairly good as long as the source (xiaomi mi 8 for you) has a good enough BT antenna.
There is also the BT10 (wired in between) which is supposed to be better than the BT4.1 KZ cables. I had the BT10 for a bit (MMCX version) and it was decent.

I don't know about the newer BT4.2 aptx KZ cables, which do have the new C-paragraph pin that fits the ZSN. I ordered one, but it's not yet arrived.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back