Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 9, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #41,671 of 63,964
Or it could be a real actual difference (caused for example by differences in cable impedance, the larger rear vent holes in the purple pair, or the fact that my black pair’s front vents are totally blocked off)

Or it could be normal manufacturing variations (such as this pair had a big more glue than that pair, this pair has a little better soldering than that pair, etc).

But again, it is a very minor difference and not enough to worry about.
I just got a minor electrocution from my purple ZSN with the black stock cable. It was like firecrackers exploding going from my Zishan Z1 all the way up the cable to the purple ZSN and a final explosion like fireworks when it hit the earpieces. It was really weird.

I said to myself, "What the heck?" And, quickly took them out of my ears.

Any idea what could have happened?

PS: The purple ZSN with the black stock cable sounds good. Real good. Like, why bother getting an upgrade?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #41,672 of 63,964
He likes neutral iems, just like me. So I think his opinion matters, but he is very critical about chi fi multi driver iems with extended highs. His recordings are maybe not totally correct, but it’s an indication of how the iems are sounding. In most cases I think he’s right, although the iems can easily be adjusted with some equalization or mods. It’s all about taste, but it’s hard for him to accept that people have different sound preferences.

It feels a bit silly to discuss guys like him, but his video does not give an information what are his sources, etc.
(AS10 has a low impedance and is quite source-sensitive).

To use his "style" and "logic" - if he would be given a bunch of his style "recordings" of multi-BA IEMs, he would hardy distinguish one from another in blind tests :)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #41,673 of 63,964
I just got electrocuted from my purple ZSN with the black stock cable. It was like firecrackers exploding going from my audio device all the way up the cable to the ZSN and a final explosion when it hit the earpieces. It was really weird. I said to myself, "What the heck?" And, took them out of my ears.
I just got a minor electrocution from my purple ZSN with the black stock cable. It was like firecrackers exploding going from my Zishan Z1 all the way up the cable to the purple ZSN and a final explosion like fireworks when it hit the earpieces. It was really weird.

PS: The purple ZSN with the black stock cable sounds good. Real good. Like, why bother getting an upgrade?
These silver upgrade cables for the ZSN also gave me electric shocks. Could be just mine but I would recommend people who own the ZSN to stick with the included cable and steer clear of these.
ahzvrll.jpg

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #41,674 of 63,964

Yikes, I’ve never had that problem with the ZSN.

Were you by chance doing this at the time?

B5DF07D0-497F-4780-ACB3-57642BF3DD67.gif

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #41,675 of 63,964

You were not outside during an electrical storm listening to Ride the Lightning were you?

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #41,676 of 63,964
I've heard you can get a mild electric shock from headphones via a short circuit or especially while charing in poorly grounded outlets. They are even rare instances of death but they are are in emerging countries with bad electrical grids. I'll occasionally get a shock while checking the status of a device while charging but it's just a static shock. Still scary when not expecting it lol

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #41,677 of 63,964
These silver upgrade cables for the ZSN also gave me electric shocks. Could be just mine but I would recommend people who own the ZSN to stick with the included cable and steer clear of these.
ahzvrll.jpg
I concur. I was using the black cable on the purple ZSN when it happened.

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #41,678 of 63,964
I've heard you can get a mild electric shock from headphones via a short circuit or especially while charing in poorly grounded outlets.
I wonder what caused the short circuit electrical shock? The carpet in the public library I was in? The battery being low on juice? The black cable on the purple ZSN? Hmm.

Feb 9, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #41,679 of 63,964
I wonder what caused the short circuit electrical shock? The carpet in the public library I was in? The battery being low on juice? The black cable on the purple ZSN? Hmm.

Cold, dry climate combined with central heating is when I get notice shorts or static shocks. Down here in the southeast US, it's not winter for long and is only cold for 3 months. That's when I notice them the most. I would bet it's the carpet plus dry air. I only get them at work (carpeted) and at home on a large area rug in the living room. Makes sense to me.

Feb 9, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #41,680 of 63,964
This cable sounds unreal.......Cable & C16 = no levitation but WOW what an awesome sound!!
Man alive does it light up the 16s, and using it with amp/dac is cherry on top!
I spent all afternoon until now (9:25 pm) listening to what seems like every track on Spotify....lol..lol...what a bargain these music services turn out to be.
Gotta eat....good evening everybody!

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #41,682 of 63,964
Cold, dry climate combined with central heating is when I get notice shorts or static shocks. Down here in the southeast US, it's not winter for long and is only cold for 3 months. That's when I notice them the most. I would bet it's the carpet plus dry air. I only get them at work (carpeted) and at home on a large area rug in the living room. Makes sense to me.
Yup!...That would do it! :wink:

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #41,685 of 63,964

You can say you've been electrified. Bring you extra "spark" to your listening enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back