Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 2, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #40,231 of 63,834

It does, thanks.

The pros/cons for me:
Longer nozzle, which may make it fit better.
Less angle on the nozzle, worse fit for me.
Taller body, that will not fit my ears.

The downside of having small ears. ZSN barely fits, took some doing to get the ear hooks shaped to hold them where they sit comfortably.

Also, thanks for those graphs.

Attachments

• 20190102_192607 (1).jpg
    20190102_192607 (1).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #40,232 of 63,834
It does, thanks.

The pros/cons for me:
Longer nozzle, which may make it fit better.
Less angle on the nozzle, worse fit for me.
Taller body, that will not fit my ears.

The downside of having small ears. ZSN barely fits, took some doing to get the ear hooks shaped to hold them where they sit comfortably.

Also, thanks for those graphs.

ZSN fits me A LOT better.

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #40,234 of 63,834
I believe it. It lends itself pretty well to the shape of the ear.

If you're still near your collection, how does the ZSA compare size wise to the ZSN?
ZSA (grey, top) is the smallest, almost straight nozzles.
ZSN (middle) is the best fit for me.
AS10 (bottom) is the best sound for me :)
15464899528555131341201440607264.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #40,235 of 63,834
If I had to guess, the sound difference you’re hearing is because 1 (or more) drivers are either defective or internally miswired.

Or it could be the cable you’re using is the cause for the difference. Such as a mic vs non-mic cable, miswired cable, or a variation in impedance between the 2 cables.

I have disassembled and carefully examined 6 different ZS6, of every color available, bought at different times, and from different sellers.

I took FR measurements, and the graphs are all 100% identical (other than minor channel imbalance variations).

I have been unable to find any concrete proof that a 2nd revision of the ZS6 actually exists.

It’s been a while now, but I almost positive someone even asked KZ (or maybe Hill Audio) at the time these rumors were swirling, and they flat out denied any 2nd revision.

Update: Of course, this was a while ago (a few months after the grey “extra bass” color was released). It’s theoretically possible that in the last 6 months KZ HAS made an actual ZS6 v2).
Thanks. The cable's fine. Am curious, so will try to open the green and see for myself. Placed an order for a Torx security set for that 6-sided star head as the ones we have here are all bigger. Am approaching this with trepidation.

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #40,237 of 63,834
Hello everybody,

Does anybody know the discount codes for KZ AS10?
Could you share them?

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #40,238 of 63,834
Hey guys, I just received my ZS10 and contrary to the mixed reviews, I definitely love the sound better compared to my ES4s. Going back to ES4s after a day of using a fresh ZS10, I now feel that the bass gets muddy and a little to boomy for me.

Silver/copper cables are on the way along with generic silicone eartips and a couple of whirlwinds. Foams seem to dampen the details when I tried it on the ZS10s, so that's a no go.

I'm still experimenting on how to get the best sound possible for cheap from the ZS10. It's currently paired with an iPod touch 5th gen. Some research suggest that it's already good enough for 32 ohm cans (kenrockwell site). But there's this little man on my shoulder pushing me to buy at least an amp, or an amp/dac for "better" sound. Question is, do I really need it?

Current music source is just spotify (highest quality). Don't want to dwell to lossless music. I might go crazy if I did!

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #40,239 of 63,834
Was having lunch with the kids when a text message said a COD delivery was going to be made. Right on cue seconds later the doorbell rang and...the KZ AS06 is here!

IMG_5919.JPG

In my eagerness getting to the goodies I forgot to take the usual photos of the package opening for the seller rating and for just in case there's damage during transit.

IMG_5925.JPG

My first thought when the AS06 popped out of their foam cushion was, "Dear me! They're huge!"

IMG_5920.JPG

The second was, "Will they fit?"

Well...what'd ya know, they do! Their shape conforms to my conchae and they're actually comfortable. The included medium Starlines however felt like swim ear plugs so I replaced them with the wide-bore green-cored soft silicone tips that came extra with the ZSN and they're just perfect.

IMG_5927.JPG

Next thought, "Wow! Isolation! I can barely hear my fingers snapping."

Plugged them into the iPhone 6+ that coincidentally was open to the portion of the page where amirm of audiosciencereview was describing his listening tests of the CEntrance DACPort HD vs. Audioquest Dragonfly Red. There's this embedded YouTube track of avant-garde musician Laurie Anderson's My Compensation, a mix of vocals and deep bass.

Tapping on the link brought bass. Oodles of bass. Deep bass.

Last thoughts as I unplugged and took off the AS06 to take photos, "This track is a good test for bass...and the AS06 sure handled it well—with aplomb, as what those WhatHiFi reviewers would say."

Indeed, the textures of voices and other details still all seem to be there despite the subwoofer-like tactile presence in my ears.

All things green ZS6-related will be put on indefinite suspension now. For the next few weeks I'll be listening to the AS06.
:smile_phones:

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #40,240 of 63,834
Just received my Zsn. Pretty neutral. V-shaped? Are you sure? I already sold my tin audio T2, can't be sure but T2 seems to have more bass. Sufficient treble just the right amount for me, little bit peaky there and there. Overall sound pretty good.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #40,241 of 63,834
Was having lunch with the kids when a text message said a COD delivery was going to be made. Right on cue seconds later the doorbell rang and...the KZ AS06 is here!

In my eagerness getting to the goodies I forgot to take the usual photos of the package opening for the seller rating and for just in case there's damage during transit.

My first thought when the AS06 popped out of their foam cushion was, "Dear me! They're huge!"

Well...what'd ya know, they do! Their shape conforms to my conchae and they're actually comfortable. The included medium Starlines however felt like swim ear plugs so I replaced them with the wide-bore green-cored soft silicone tips that came extra with the ZSN and they're just perfect.

Next thought, "Wow! Isolation! I can barely hear my fingers snapping."

Plugged them into the iPhone 6+ that coincidentally was open to the portion of the page where amirm of audiosciencereview was describing his listening tests of the CEntrance DACPort HD vs. Audioquest Dragonfly Red. There's this embedded YouTube track of avant-garde musician Laurie Anderson's My Compensation, a mix of vocals and deep bass.

Tapping on the link brought bass. Oodles of bass. Deep bass.

Last thoughts as I unplugged and took off the AS06 to take photos, "This track is a good test for bass...and the AS06 sure handled it well—with aplomb, as what those WhatHiFi reviewers would say."

Indeed, the textures of voices and other details still all seem to be there despite the subwoofer-like tactile presence in my ears.

All things green ZS6-related will be put on indefinite suspension now. For the next few weeks I'll be listening to the AS06.
:smile_phones:

Looks good so far! Can't wait to hear more impressions!
If you don't mind, can you tell me how AS06s sounds like with this album?

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #40,242 of 63,834

They look so good.

If I thought the AS06 would fit, I'd definitely order it. Sounds like an interesting bass BA. I was originally hoping for it to be my entry into an all/multi BA IEM.

Unfortunately even the much smaller ZSN barely clears my Concha.

20190103_011142.jpg

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #40,243 of 63,834
Looks good so far! Can't wait to hear more impressions!
If you don't mind, can you tell me how AS06s sounds like with this album?

Listening to it now with the AS06...

Not familiar with the band but this jazz-fusion track is reminiscent of the 80s band Shakatak in a more fanciful mood. Well, I can clearly hear the electric guitar very slightly off to the left from center with the bass beside it, the keyboards/synths a bit farther back and slightly off to the right, the drums/percussion a bit farther back and to the keyboard's right (natural cymbal strikes are in the right ear). This seems to be a somewhat bright track...recording? Middle volume setting in iPhone 6+ is already loud, so had to slide it further down. No harshness, though. The instrument details seem to be all there.

Very favorable first listening impressions.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #40,245 of 63,834
They look so good.

If I thought the AS06 would fit, I'd definitely order it. Sounds like an interesting bass BA. I was originally hoping for it to be my entry into an all/multi BA IEM.

Unfortunately even the much smaller ZSN barely clears my Concha.

That's how the ZSN looks in my ear! Very comfy. Disappears after sometime. Quite surprisingly the AS06's shape is a natural fit for the contours of my concha. No portion of the housing presses into it. They don't disappear from cognition like the ZSN does—they seem to be comparatively heavier. The projection angle of the nozzle seems to be not a problem either. Fortunately I quickly found the right tip. The Starlines create an unpleasant suction effect.

Perhaps it could be the same for you as well..? :smile_phones:

An alternative would be the CCA C10. The Mate of the ZSN according to Clear and highly recommended by him. To paraphrase him, exact same housing, similar base sound, but better, more mature, more refined.

same thoughts here @assassin10000. can't decide what to get between the cca c10 and kz as06.
Those were my very thoughts too, last December. My husband decided for me. :smile_phones:

Would you mind entertaining thoughts about getting both? :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back