Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 16, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #39,676 of 63,932
Now I’m between ES4 and TRN V80, I have to read more (job doesn’t let me search for more info)
Why not just buy them both? They're most likely very different in terms of sound signature and they're from two competing companies. The ES4 is also pretty awesome but I can imagine how amazing the V80 is too...

Dec 16, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #39,677 of 63,932
Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #39,681 of 63,932
Why not just buy them both? They're most likely very different in terms of sound signature and they're from two competing companies. The ES4 is also pretty awesome but I can imagine how amazing the V80 is too...

I want only one as I already have tons of earphones and I only want to buy the best for me in terms of sound quality. I hope I can find my perfect match

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #39,682 of 63,932
LaughMoreDaily said:
A person commented on youtube that the ZSN tuning is a RevoNext QT2 ripoff? Any comments?
yes i own both... they sound similar to Qt2...
Let's see...the Revonext mentioned costs ~$40 in AliExpress. The ZSN is sold for ~$14.59 there. If all other things were considered more or less similar, including, as mentioned, sound and/or tuning, I'd rather have the rip-off.
:wink: :smile_phones:

Dec 16, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #39,683 of 63,932
LaughMoreDaily said:

Let's see...the Revonext mentioned costs ~$40 in AliExpress. The ZSN is sold for ~$14.59 there. If all other things were considered more or less similar, including, as mentioned, sound and/or tuning, I'd rather have the rip-off.
by far here ..both sound close but not really same for refined ears. RN wins in overall coherency between layering mids lows and highs .. expecially all of its elements with the soundstage transparency ... RN has better enveloping and engaging soundstage. instread of stating the differences between treble bass and mids, its best compared in terms of sound presentation. And that means soundstage

the main difference is that the RN presents a sound that has the elements floating in sound space or stage.. RN has more of this effect than the ZSN. Not to say the ZSN doesnt, it has too but overshadowed by the steely sounding mids ...

the ZSN has is trying to separate the layering too much at the expense of the soundstage ..and ZSN has a rather Bright or steely vocals...there is more air to the RN and soundstage is deeper forwards and backwards type of stage .... the ZSN presents a more oval soundstage but depth wise its depth is overshadowed by the forward mids...

the below will give u an idea of what i am talking about. the ZSN - red, RN = black width soundstage compared. in 2D space

in terms of depth red = RN, black is ZSN .. so RN has a more depth from forwards to backwards in 3D

soundstage.png

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #39,684 of 63,932
Checkout my first impressions of the new CCA C10 from the KZ family!
:point_right: Post #20678

-Clear
Thanks so much, Clear! Some questions, if you don't mind:
1) Do you also happen to have the ZS10 (also 1 DD + 4 BA)? If yes, how does the CCA C10 compare to it sound wise?
2) From your photos the CCA C10 looks gorgeous; how is it (shell + cable) in terms of build?
3) Apparently the ZSN cable (that seems to be that of the ZSN Purple) is thicker; from what you have researched, is there only 1 type cable for all 3 C10 models or is there any difference, like that with the ZSN purple vis-a-vis the cyan and black?

You don't have to answer right away. I'd rather have the answers to my first 2 queries after you've given the C10 some time to settle and after you've properly put it through its paces.

You've bought yours for only $28, right? I could get it here (Shopee) for ~$27.50 or even less with more Shopee Coins.

Right now I'm sending all sorts of positive vibes sprinkled with lots of hints my husband's way as regards the KZ AS06 and the CCA C10. Hope these will be received favorably and fruitfully by year's end.

Dec 16, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #39,685 of 63,932
by far here ..both sound close but not really same for refined ears. RN wins in overall coherency between layering mids lows and highs .. expecially all of its elements with the soundstage transparency ... RN has better enveloping and engaging soundstage. instread of stating the differences between treble bass and mids, its best compared in terms of sound presentation. And that means soundstage

the main difference is that the RN presents a sound that has the elements floating in sound space or stage.. RN has more of this effect than the ZSN. Not to say the ZSN doesnt, it has too but overshadowed by the steely sounding mids ...

the ZSN has is trying to separate the layering too much at the expense of the soundstage ..and ZSN has a rather Bright or steely vocals...there is more air to the RN and soundstage is deeper forwards and backwards type of stage .... the ZSN presents a more oval soundstage but depth wise its depth is overshadowed by the forward mids...

the below will give u an idea of what i am talking about. the ZSN - red, RN = black width soundstage compared. in 2D space

in terms of depth red = RN, black is ZSN .. so RN has a more depth from forwards to backwards in 3D

Now this is a proper clarification. :thumbsup: Thanks! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #39,687 of 63,932

Thanks! Should have gotten RNQT2 instead ZSN but well, here I am with ZSN due to hype. But I still like it despite little flaws.
Will look more into FR graphs between two...

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #39,688 of 63,932
Thanks so much, Clear! Some questions, if you don't mind:
1) Do you also happen to have the ZS10 (also 1 DD + 4 BA)? If yes, how does the CCA C10 compare to it sound wise?
2) From your photos the CCA C10 looks gorgeous; how is it (shell + cable) in terms of build?
3) Apparently the ZSN cable (that seems to be that of the ZSN Purple) is thicker; from what you have researched, is there only 1 type cable for all 3 C10 models or is there any difference, like that with the ZSN purple vis-a-vis the cyan and black?

You don't have to answer right away. I'd rather have the answers to my first 2 queries after you've given the C10 some time to settle and after you've properly put it through its paces.

You've bought yours for only $28, right? I could get it here (Shopee) for ~$27.50 or even less with more Shopee Coins.

Right now I'm sending all sorts of positive vibes sprinkled with lots of hints my husband's way as regards the KZ AS06 and the CCA C10. Hope these will be received favorably and fruitfully by year's end.
About 1): Sorry, I don't have the ZS10 to compare them, but according to past reviews I've read and FR graphs I've recently seen they should sound different. I have a hunch is the cross-over board and the placement of drivers inside the housing.

About 2): The build quality from housing to the cables are very similar to quality when compared to the ZSN -alloy shell and good quality cables!

About 3): Apparently, for what I see in many PIC's it's only one type cable for all three C10's. The one light-copper cable that comes with the purple ZSN is slightly thicker. Good news is that I was able to try the ZSN with the C10 cable and it is safe to say that it provides good electrical audio flow...just as good as the light-copper cable. No wonder the C10's balanced signature sounds more similar to the purple ZSN!

It seems like CCA started off with a "bang" by riding off the popular ZSN's style and similar sound signature. Smart! :beerchug:

Glad to help! :thumbsup:

-Clear

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 4:56 AM Post #39,689 of 63,932
now maybe i've replied too much but just to add up the V80 may sound harsh on the high end because of the sparkly-like sound or as piercing as the ZS6 on treble heavy tracks (especially at higher volumes)
the simplest description i can give to ES4 vs V80,
ES4: warm sounding, close/intimate soundstage, slightly boosted treble/not as sparkly | V80: brighter than the es4, sparkly highs, wide soundstage, extremely sensitive (i can hear my phone background noise)
if you have both and A,B them, they are different & its just up to what you want, warm & relaxing or brighter & more detailed , both have the same bass capability in my observation, its just a choice of either a warm or bright-er signature (sorry if its vague but thats as good as i could describe it)

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #39,690 of 63,932
I was listening to the ED16 a bit today... I know it's weird that I bought them a year ago but never really listened to them. I don't really like their sound even though people were hyping them as the next best thing when they came out.

I think the ES4 is much better than the ED16 and easier to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back