Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 6, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #39,092 of 63,917
I've poked both the chinese KZ weibo and FB, they all say to "be patient, it is coming". Next should be the AS06 first though

KZ, please give us the YZ63 already!

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #39,093 of 63,917
KZ should now concentrate all their effort in refining their BA used in ZSN.
I`m also waiting for YZ63 and ZS7.
Meanwhile, going to order another purple ZSN for cable donor for my modded ZS5v1 and driver donor for ZS4-shell mod.
Btw, I measured my purple ZSN copper cable and got consistent result of 0.3 Ohm on all strands. At least I know cable isn`t "unbalanced".
This is best KZ cable. Though, I don`t like Y-point down so low (without chin slider) and their plastic moldings are bulky.
Will use Neutrik angled jack when I get another for cable donor and probably remake Y point.

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #39,094 of 63,917
KZ, please give us the YZ63 already!

haha, there's only 2 models on the release schedule not out yet, I think?

YZ41 ended up being a CCA C04 (KZ sister company), YZ46 is that bluetooth model, so there's the YZ66 (triple-hybrid?) and YZ63 (dual-hybrid?) not yet known.

tbf, early leaks was that all of these are hybrids, but they made full BA models, so its just a teaser on the design we can expect from them.

come on, its December already, you got less than a month KZ.

KZ-ZS4-KZ-YZ66-KZ-YZ63-KZ-YZ49-KZ-YZ46-KZ-YZ41-KZ-YZ40-KZ-YZ39-KZ-YZ35-KZYZ34.jpg

KZ should now concentrate all their effort in refining their BA used in ZSN.
I`m also waiting for YZ63 and ZS7.

Or better yet, outsource some cheap BA models from Binary Acoustics or even qdc (these guys have amazing BA models, it seems)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #39,095 of 63,917
The first time I bought a second pair of the same earphone since the KZ ATE. I love the ZSN sooo much! :)

38B169CD-0AC9-4EB4-8914-B4B63BB66E67.jpeg

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #39,096 of 63,917
I am planning to get a new pair of KZ's and I need a little guidance :beyersmile:

My KZ journey began with the ZS6. I remember the first time I listened classical music with it, I was stunned. Super clear sound, great instrument separation, however, it wasn't suitable as my daily driver due to its brightness. Sibilance was tiring at best and unbearable at most, on the genres I heavily listen to. I listen to variety of genre like the most of us, however, I listen to hard hitting psy-trance, drum&bass type of electronic music heavily and ZS6 was not fun to say the least.

Then I got the ES3. I wasn't amazed of the performance on higher tones like the ZS6 but warmer signature, punchy bass(even better sub-bass) and great clarity made it my daily driver for a year. Mids sometimes felt a little recessed but it was an amazing headphone overall. After I swithced to comply foam I liked the sound even better.

My brother (who swears by his ath-mx70s) listened to it for the first time last month, I was told to get a new pair :)

I was about to place an order on gearbest and I saw the new models such as the AS10, ZS10 and wondered if I should try one of them instead of ordering another ES3. Or perhaps something else?

Any suggestions? :)

If you find the ZS6 too bright, maybe you will not like the ZSN,
The ZSN has more details than ZS6, with very few sibilance after short burnin, but the mediums and low trebles are brighter than ZS6.
You could try the ES4, it gives very natural voices, trebles are soft, the sound is dynamic, but not bright as the ZSN.
I like it very much, it is realy better than ES3 that I found to give artificial recessed voices.
https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_1838201.html
ES4 should be used with "whirl wide bore" tips or better the optional KZ twisted "iron grey" color (silver plated)
(not the silver color cable that sounds not so good with ES4)
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ZS4-ZS5-ZS6-ZS10-AS10-BA10-ZST-ES4-C-ble-Argent-Plaqu-Haute-puret-OFC/32832034285.html
with this cable, the sound is realy great, otherwise there are too buch bass

My ZS6, after maybe 200hrs burnin gives a warm sound, and sibilance is much reduced with time.
My ZS6 when compared has less details and is less bright than my ZSN

I will receive an AS10 very soon , from what I heard here, it could combine soft & detailed sound with enough punch...

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #39,097 of 63,917
Fiioka Püré Kann ZS5 **** (FILEminimizer).jpg
The first time I bought a second pair of the same earphone since the KZ ATE. I love the ZSN sooo much! :)

I bought four pieces so far, for my family members :beerchug:
Excellent IEMs.
However as you can see from the picture I am using as a mobile music player Fiio BTR3 connected to the Vorzüge VorzAMPpure II+ amp with a Fiio L17 cable. Yesterday I received the upgrade cable for my KZ ZS5 (used with Comply memory foam) from **** (8 core silver plated cable) and the improvement of the SQ was more than considerable :L3000:.
This system sounds fantastic using an UAPP app on my Xiaomi MI8 and sending the files with LDAC Bluetooth codec!

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #39,098 of 63,917
Hi guys, I have ZSNs and I'm totally in love with KZ sound (these are my 2nd KZs after ED9). Now I'm on a hunt for another KZ iems as there is a good sale on AliExpress. I'm torn between ES4 and ZSR as both are available for same $19 price. I'm looking for a good KZ piece under 20. Which should I purchase from the above ones? Or there are better alternatives in the same price bracket? Would appreciate everyone's help.

P.S. Simply love my ZSNs. They blow me away everytime I listen music via them

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #39,099 of 63,917
Hi guys, I have ZSNs and I'm totally in love with KZ sound
P.S. Simply love my ZSNs. They blow me away everytime I listen music via them
There`s Your answer - don`t buy any of other KZ`s :wink:
Put that money into DAP/amp or something else.

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #39,100 of 63,917
That post from Vidal saying he had ordered them is from Apr 27, 2017! He has not been here for several months...

Well I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my onset dementia before right, I'm pleading the 5th or the proverbial catch all "Who Knew":flushed: LOL

Good advice from @CoiL @Dani157 :wink: Or even just pairing them with this little Dynamo:grin:

Little Dynamo.JPG

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #39,101 of 63,917
There`s Your answer - don`t buy any of other KZ`s :wink:
Put that money into DAP/amp or something else.

Any good amps in that budget? I'm new to Chi-Fi scene so have no idea about many brands.

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #39,102 of 63,917
I’m getting a second ZSN Monday, this time silver/purple, so I can a/b test my black ones with the silver ones. I bought the white cable for the black ones so they should be alike except for the shell cover material. Today some BQ3’s are due and tomorrow the Hidiz AP60 PRO should arrive.....sent back M7 to Fiio, first Fiio product I’ve had problems with.
Saved me money though..M7 was $200 and AP60 was $89......I’m hoping its a good purchase, Amazon already sent refund, they are fast!

Do you guys think or know if there is a distinct sound difference between the ZSN’s....Black vs Silver??

Podster thats the M0 correct?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #39,103 of 63,917
Podster thats the M0 correct?[/QUOTE]

Si, pictured here with another fine iem however not from this thread family:smirk: Guessing I'll be needing 30 lashes with a wet noodle now:scream:

Mo “G”.JPG

@Dani157 , guess I missed what said amp/DAP budget might be?

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #39,104 of 63,917
I’m getting a second ZSN Monday, this time silver/purple, so I can a/b test my black ones with the silver ones. I bought the white cable for the black ones so they should be alike except for the shell cover material. Today some BQ3’s are due and tomorrow the Hidiz AP60 PRO should arrive.....sent back M7 to Fiio, first Fiio product I’ve had problems with.
Saved me money though..M7 was $200 and AP60 was $89......I’m hoping its a good purchase, Amazon already sent refund, they are fast!

Do you guys think or know if there is a distinct sound difference between the ZSN’s....Black vs Silver??

@eclein found no difference at all. Although when used with foam tips, treble sibilance completely vanishes and bass sounds like a subwoofer from the both the ZSNs

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #39,105 of 63,917

Si, pictured here with another fine iem however not from this thread family:smirk: Guessing I'll be needing 30 lashes with a wet noodle now:scream:

@Dani157 , guess I missed what said amp/DAP budget might be?[/QUOTE]
@Podster Anything under $50 would do the trick. Trying to create a complete Chi-Fi setup under $50. I've previously used Fiio A1 and they were satisfactory. But want to try other Chinese brands as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back