1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. stryed

2. Slater
    That’s what they’ve been claiming.

There’s no vents on the 30095 BA body, nor passive crossover components. So I’m not too sure about what they could have changed internally to tune it differently. I would think if there were massive changes, they would have given it a new model number (like 30096).

My gut is telling me that “specially designed” stuff is just marketing fluff.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    dhruvmeena96 and ShakyJake like this.
  3. voicemaster
    Why in your picture the black/black zsn looks like it has the vent blocked? In mine it isn't.

4. voicemaster
    Here is mine PicsArt_12-06-12.58.24.jpg

CoiL, ShakyJake and PhonoPhi like this.
  5. Podster
    Those holes look close to the same size to me at least in that pic?

6. PhonoPhi
    Silver is the best conductor of pure metals.

s8grave likes this.
  7. ChrisGarrett
    Actually, silver has a propagation index of 106. Copper is 100 and gold is 70. The benefit of gold is that it doesn't oxidize and silver and copper oxides 'can' have a negative effect on sound.

There are other theories on why such and such metals may have sonic signatures, but those are discussions for another day.

And yes, I have pure silver conductors: (Siltech LS-38 speaker cables) in my HiFi systems and I even have ICs made with very thin strands of 22k gold (Stealth PGS.) I got rid of my 3 pair of Audio Note~Japan AN-VZ pure silver (two 9s?) ICs, because at the time, I needed money.

Chris

s8grave and SybilLance like this.
  8. HerrXRDS
    ZS6 is still my favorite. With the proper EQ it hits levels of bass, clarity and soundstage no other KZ does. I find the ZSN good for $20 but I find myself picking up the ZS6 or QT2 every time I have to hit the gym and need the music to have energy.

9. Slater
    Mine do not look like that. There is no vent in my black/black ZSN.

It’s totally blocked off, ie the plastic body was never drilled. Only my purple one is drilled.

So here we are again, with differences. Some with vents, and others with no vents. Some wired in phase, others wired out of phase. Were the vents tuned that way on purpose? Was it an unintentional QC error? Who knows, each one is like a Fukubukuro mystery surprise bag!

So if someone is writing a review, or a people are reading a random review, or someone is giving their impressions, or someone else is making a recommendation, how do we know that the ZSN person #1 owns will be the same as the one person #2 buys?

How frustrating is that? KZ, you’re killin’ me Smalls.

10. LaughMoreDaily
    delete

11. LaughMoreDaily
    Didn't you read DocHoliday's post above? You must have bad hearing from ZS6 sibilance! :)

DocHoliday: ZS6 (sibilant, sibilant, sibilant, sibilant, sibi...…)

12. LaughMoreDaily
    I figured out why every KZ ZSN looks different. They've decided to make every one of them unique with a different sound signature! Don't just buy one, collect them all!

PhonoPhi and BadReligionPunk like this.
  13. BadReligionPunk
    @Slater Is there a big sound difference between the 2 ZSN?

Hmm still have not opened my purple one yet. Been having to much fun with bt20 and es4. Will open it up and compare to my cyan.

Really surprising that KZ would have QC problems. I mean they have it right on the box. 1544138009016.jpg

14. nicksson
    In September I have received a defective KZ bluetooth upgrade cable (v2). It was impossible to set it in pairing mode, so it was useless. I bought it from Gearbest, The "QC Passed" stamp was on the box, but it seems to be just printed like a kind of marketing slogan...
    I made a video record about the defective cable to demonstrate the defect and - fortunately - Gearbest has sent a working one, which have a really good sound for the price. So, it seems like the KZ's QC is not a (very) serious one... :)

BadReligionPunk likes this.
  15. DocHoliday

My understanding is that your Fiio X3iii is a bright-leaning DAP. How well does it pair (synergy) with your ZSN?

The ZS6 is still my very favorite as well.
    20171025_095516-1 (2).jpg

Truth be told, I would absolutely love it if KZ offered the ZS6 housing with their new low frequency BA and the BA10's rich midrange.
    HTB1WXjwKxWYBuNjy1zkq6xGGpXaK.jpg_640x640q90-1 (0).jpg

Sounds like an idea for a new model.

ZS8....maybe?

In the meantime the BA10 has really grown on me quite a bit.
    BA10 b&w.jpg

I don't know if I settled down or the IEM has but it really is a great IEM if it fits your ears comfortably like it does mine.

Also, it should be interesting if KZ uses their new low frequency BA in the new AS06.
    44828970_564336980664079_3859303903896010752_o.jpg

SybilLance and hakuzen like this.