Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 22, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #37,201 of 63,834
These are my favorite “large” cases. As you mentioned, they aren’t as secure clasping or water proof (I don’t need water proof audio gear anyways). But they are a good balance of low cost with large size, and provide adequate protection. Plus the including foam lining is great for using on earphone mods (such as BA and nozzle mods).

That's true. These are even cheaper than the abs ones. If only they could just scale the abs variant to the dimensions of the larger one. I mostly use the smaller with normal in-ears, but with my customs it's very impractical, you need to really try to fit them in.

Podster! Is that the Shan.M0?
Does it sound good?

ThanosD: I currently have that black case and fit my KZS5 & BA10 iems in it. My little plastic latch thingys are very
positive when latching giving a nice snap shut. New kinda how it is the latches are tight now but should loosen.
Water resistant maybe but submerging it might cause issues.
When trying to remove the clasp, they are very stiff, at a point where you are afraid of either breaking the clasp, or your nail. Also the clasps are held just by a thin plastic join, which is prone to breaking in the future. But for 1.5€, why care?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #37,202 of 63,834
These are my favorite “large” cases. As you mentioned, they aren’t as secure clasping or water proof (I don’t need water proof audio gear anyways). But they are a good balance of low cost with large size, and provide adequate protection. Plus the including foam lining is great for using on earphone mods (such as BA and nozzle mods).

Any chance you guys could post a different link? For some reason I'm getting a browser fart-back - "this domain is unreachable". :triportsad:

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #37,203 of 63,834
Any chance you guys could post a different link? For some reason I'm getting a browser fart-back - "this domain is unreachable". :triportsad:
Try this one (https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/h5ivykC)

Edit: for some reason the link is leading to the main Ali home page. Anyway, the case is the one the other member posted below, just on Ali is for about 1.5€, instead of 2.5

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #37,205 of 63,834
Hey guys..I’m Ed....Howdy!
Just felt like introducing myself....

The Comply Comfort tips are wht finally worked with BA10s I have. I usually try Spinfits first but my left ear was like “no wayl.
I still get the detail and high end .....
Those new KZ ZSNs look great ...the silver and purple will be mine! Thanks for that info!

I gotta say these BA10s are every bit as good as my 64 audio U4SE which cost like 5 times more....the 64s are awesome and super comfy to wear but sound very close to the BAs which have more detailed.
Will I be hung for writing that?

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #37,206 of 63,834
Does it sound good?

ThanosD: I currently have that black case and fit my KZS5 & BA10 iems in it. My little plastic latch thingys are very
positive when latching giving a nice snap shut. New kinda how it is the latches are tight now but should loosen.

It is and yes it does, does not really need an amp but Pod's infatuated with amps:rolling_eyes: Gives me something else to talk to people about when they see it, MO's a real chick getter (works double for the ladies on a man):smiling_imp: They (the ladies) are like that's just so cute and dudes are like "really, I can get my entire music library on that little thing:scream: LOL

@ThanosD I've got a couple of those cases however I've never used mine for iem's I actually have DAP/AMP combos in mine! This is Pod's favorite large iem case:wink:

Larger IEM.JPG

Big Daddy IEM.JPG

@eclein I personally like your honesty and feelings about the BA-10's, been waiting to hear something like this to order mine:beerchug:

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #37,207 of 63,834
Does it sound good?

All the positive press around here has driven the suggested retail on the BA-10 over $100! I see the KZ store is offering them at $64 in a 10% down pre-sale:hushed: They are even saying the suggested retail is now $129:thinking: Think I'd rather just order a $76 pair from the unmentionable store:smirk:

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #37,208 of 63,834
@ThanosD I've got a couple of those cases however I've never used mine for iem's I actually have DAP/AMP combos in mine! This is Pod's favorite large iem case:wink:

Hmm, interesting use. I guess these could hold up to a Shanling M2s, or a Fiio M7 alone, but an amp and a Dap, that's pretty impressive. I guess you are using a small amp, so that it could fit with the m0.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #37,210 of 63,834
Yeah, or even an M3s (Oops Pod's even got the Jazz amp on this one too):rolling_eyes: Actually listening to it now but with the other guys iem's (TFZ Series 2 SE's):hushed: Now I do listen to all my KZ's on it:grin:

Jazzy.JPG

Oct 22, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #37,214 of 63,834
Are there mods for the BA10s already or am I misreading Slaters post?

My post regarding the BA foam mod can be applied to ANY IEM with BA drivers.

As far as tuning the BA10, I can’t remember if it was the BA10 or the AS10, but I remember someone had recently posted how they were tinkering with stuffing dampening material in various holes of the plastic “guide housing” down inside the nozzle. They used cotton I believe. I think they were still trying to identify which “hole” corresponded to which driver, with the idea being able to tweak a certain frequency range by dampening that particular hole in the plastic housing.

When I get home later tonight, I’ll look around and see if I can find that post.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back