Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 7, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #33,196 of 63,917
Btw, Idk if any of You have read those reviews on ES4 & ZS10 (there are spelling and words misuse faults, but still understandable):
http://www.awaqa.com/kz-es4-review-reliability-earphones-price-buy/
http://www.awaqa.com/kz-zs10-review-emotional-hybrid-earphone-low-price-buy-2018/

Not much mention about gear and music but still seem honestly written and nice pics.

Edit: seems that smartphone & pop-music are used to evaluate. Still, ES4 soundstage gets + points - another review that points it out (as Bartig vs. ZSA).

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #33,197 of 63,917
Btw, Idk if any of You have read those reviews on ES4 & ZS10 (there are spelling and words misuse faults, but still understandable):
http://www.awaqa.com/kz-es4-review-reliability-earphones-price-buy/
http://www.awaqa.com/kz-zs10-review-emotional-hybrid-earphone-low-price-buy-2018/

Not much mention about gear and music but still seem honestly written and nice pics.

Edit: seems that smartphone & pop-music are used to evaluate. Still, ES4 soundstage gets + points - another review that points it out (as Bartig vs. ZSA).
Yeah, driver count on the ES4 was off, but they're good reads. Thanks for sharing.

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #33,199 of 63,917
So after the ZSR, the ZS10, the ES4 and the ZSA, I’ve received the one and only....

631A5231-E854-4DC6-82B8-99DDB3A9E7FB.jpeg

... IEM that started it all. The EDR1!

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #33,200 of 63,917
Yo guys
My credit card is going to expire in july, and i'm actually thinkin about what can i buy in order to use the last €€ i got on it.
I have like 20 euros there that i saved to buy some audio stuff but i'm really confused.

I saw zsa and es4 came out while my choice would have been zsr, even if i think it will be so painful to my ears as i have small years.

I have at the moment a pair of memt x5 which i love with foam tips, but i wanna do a little step up.

I listen to edm melodic tracks and raw tracks such as future bass, bass house, dubstep, progressive house, future house, trap and chill trap.
So it's needed a good bass which can go pretty low for the great 808 extension, good mids for clear synths and voices and good treble for claps, hats and so on.

What would you tip me?
Zsa? Es4? Zsr (even if big)?
Can u tell the differences between these? Which of them can satisfy a basshead?

Ps: i can't get comfy with silicon tips, i always find out a garbage vacuum feeling like the common driver flex problem and even opening my mouth while putting in my headphones doesn't help.. :frowning2:

Someone who can help here? Thanks in advance, i'm really excited to buy a new pair of audio stuff.. judt need a tip considering my needs which i described i in this quote

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #33,201 of 63,917
I already have KZ ZS5 v1, ZSE, ZS6, and ZSR (among other IEMs), but based on the positive feedback they're getting I'm really tempted to buy the ES4... But does it even make sense? Are they really any better/different from the KZs that I own?

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #33,202 of 63,917
Someone who can help here? Thanks in advance, i'm really excited to buy a new pair of audio stuff.. judt need a tip considering my needs which i described i in this quote

UiiSii CM5 would fit the bill. And if you have a few bucks leftover to eat up the remainder of your credit, add a pair of EDR1.

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #33,203 of 63,917
I already have KZ ZS5 v1, ZSE, ZS6, and ZSR (among other IEMs), but based on the positive feedback they're getting I'm really tempted to buy the ZS4... But does it even make sense? Are they really any better/different from the KZs that I own?

No one knows yet. The ZS4 aren’t even out yet. We’ve only seen 1 concept photo and nothing more. There’s no release date, and no idea of its sound yet.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #33,204 of 63,917
No one knows yet. The ZS4 aren’t even out yet. We’ve only seen 1 concept photo and nothing more.
Sorry, I meant ES4. I'll edit my earlier post.

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #33,205 of 63,917
Of those you mentioned I only have the ZSA, definitely great for small ears as they are tiny compared to other over ear style monitors I have used. My EDR1 are very bass heavy and as Slater mentioned they are a good, cheap pick up. I bought mine for $2.99 USD so you can't really go wrong there

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #33,207 of 63,917
So after the ZSR, the ZS10, the ES4 and the ZSA, I’ve received the one and only....

... IEM that started it all. The EDR1!

The EDR1 is just incredible value.

The first time I listened to the EDR1 with my XIAOMI Mi A1 with the GENERAL IEM preset I was just blown away! Such warm bass and incredible clarity and balanced sound. Out of this world for 3€!

Jun 7, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #33,209 of 63,917
Haha, awesome nostalgia/ adoration levels on the EDR1 here. :)

Jun 7, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #33,210 of 63,917
I have yet to hear an ES4 and am tempted to get the green one but first I should listen to my husbands black one.

I did try the ZSA but it was out of phase at the time when I listened... but I will say that I am in the minority it seems in not liking the form factor. If I am going to go to the trouble of arranging a cable around my ear I would rather just use my ZS6, ZSR or ZS10. I actually had a hard time grasping it to position it and again when removing it. The larger shells are easier for me but I suspect no one else will think so.

I really love my ED16. I really want to spend much more time with it but this week have been sidetracked by a new non KZ IEM and a new bud.
waiting for the impressions on ed16
no one really has commented on ed16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back