Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 7, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #3,211 of 63,998

Imho ....the link you posted are NOT KZ model ....they are actually this brand called Bobo Rock

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Professional-monitor-hifi-subwoofer-earphones-mobile-phone-earphones-Bass-headphones-Rock-headphones/1930879513.html

They can found much cheaper iirc ....but what do I know ....:rolleyes:

Here another link for Bobo ...much cheaper than me first link above

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/BOBO-Brand-01-In-Ear-Headphone-fone-de-ouvido-with-sports-hook-HIFI-Earphones-noise-isolating/1937148169.html

Apr 7, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #3,212 of 63,998
  Does anyone know/tried this model? KZ veterans?? 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-KZ-X6-Super-Bass-Headphones-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones-HIFI-Headsets-DJ-Earphones-Universal-3-5MM/32315369571.html

They look really good and seem to suit my personal "design/fit" needs. But I`m still waiting for my ANV to arrive. Not going to pull trigger before I receive them.

Apr 7, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #3,213 of 63,998
  They look really good and seem to suit my personal "design/fit" needs. But I`m still waiting for my ANV to arrive. Not going to pull trigger before I receive them.

Yupp, they look cool. Oh I want to try ANV as well but tuner before that. I hear that tuner/r35 is good for EDM.

PS: Don't worry about 'personal' word haha. We are cool.

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #3,214 of 63,998
Just can't resist... KZ EDSE just keeps getting better... Bass already appears sick-awesome and it's not been even 12 hours of Burn-in! EDSE does appear to lack a sort of mid-texture - clear but bleak. Atleast 36 more hours to go before 95% Burn-in and atleast 10x longer Burn-in before 100%.
You can use any equalizer setting on them and see the change, out of the water - SQ highly Customizable!

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #3,215 of 63,998
Yupp, they look cool. Oh I want to try ANV as well but tuner before that. I hear that tuner/r35 is good for EDM.

Imho...R35 might not be quite suitable for EDM....bass compared to EDSE is less body and thump...tight yes but vs EDSE bass impact is stronger....also they may be bright if judging by your post .....you might wanna go for ANV...my 2 cent

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #3,216 of 63,998
Just can't resist... KZ EDSE just keeps getting better... Bass already appears sick-awesome and it's not been even 12 hours of Burn-in! Atleast 36 more hours to go before 95% Burn-in and atleast 10x longer Burn-in before 100%.

You can use any equalizer setting on them and see the change, out of the water - SQ highly Customizable!

Haha that's EDSE for you... twister6 in his latest review of Xiaomi Piston 3 has ranked EDSE higher than it. Also according to him Piston 3 > Piston 2.

Enjoy your EDSE. For me burn in really improved it.

Imho...R35 might not be quite suitable for EDM....bass compared to EDSE is less body and thump...tight yes but vs EDSE bass impact is stronger....also they may be bright if judging by your post .....you might wanna go for ANV...my 2 cent

Hmmm..... I wonder. I have one slot remaining in my April quota. Will decide soon!

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #3,218 of 63,998

I agree on being bright for some (depends on tips being used) but I do not wholly agree with rest of Your comment on r35 vs. edse.

And here`s another member impressions if You missed it, he thinks r35 is great for EDM:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread/3165#post_11472831

Still waiting for ANV to arrive... I hope it isn`t lost, getting worried.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #3,220 of 63,998
Hey Fellas,
I have got 2 good news. 1st being that I have ordered for both KZ ED8M and Comply TX-400 M Tips ( Aparently, Snapdeal has given me a compensation of Rs. 500 SD Cash for delaying in an old Refund Process :p ). 2nd being that I have asked for a replacement for my KZ EDSE ( no-mic model ) with KZ EDSE ( with-mic model ).
Also, I had a few questions. How long should I do the burn-in for my KZ ED8M for improvement of Treble and what kind of music should I play for the burn-in? EDM or Rock or Soft Classics or Bollywood? Also, I want to know if TX-400 will suit my KZ ED8M or not? In case it doesn't, do I really require to buy another set of Complys ( considering the already heavy bass and lack of treble ) ?

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #3,222 of 63,998
  Hey Fellas,
I have got 2 good news. 1st being that I have ordered for both KZ ED8M and Comply TX-400 M Tips ( Aparently, Snapdeal has given me a compensation of Rs. 500 SD Cash for delaying in an old Refund Process :p ). 2nd being that I have asked for a replacement for my KZ EDSE ( no-mic model ) with KZ EDSE ( with-mic model ).
Also, I had a few questions. How long should I do the burn-in for my KZ ED8M for improvement of Treble and what kind of music should I play for the burn-in? EDM or Rock or Soft Classics or Bollywood? Also, I want to know if TX-400 will suit my KZ ED8M or not? In case it doesn't, do I really require to buy another set of Complys ( considering the already heavy bass and lack of treble ) ?

Congrats!! That's sweet news. 

I am a believer in burn in and I'll admit it took long enough for my ED8m to shine. I'll say 50hrs at least. Just put your playlist on shuffle and play at medium-high volume. That'll be enough. TX400 fits ED8m btw.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #3,223 of 63,998
  Hey Fellas,

TX-400? I don't think so. Spiral/Whirlwind tips will suit your KZ ED8m.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #3,224 of 63,998
  TX-400? I don't think so. Spiral/Whirlwind tips will suit your KZ ED8m.

+1
Complys are better at isolation but they do attenuate high freq range. Makes already dark sounding ED8m even darker. IMO complys will be good for EDSE.
I have 3 complys lying around but I don't like them now because they sacrifice on details.... YMMV of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back