Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 16, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #30,766 of 63,939
By the way, I was unaware of the TRN-Knowledge Zenith tie-in but it makes sense.

Yeah, I was wondering what the scoop was on TRN as soon as they appeared on the scene with the V10. The design, look, cable, etc all reminded me too much of KZ and I knew they were related somehow.

I just assumed KZ was acting as an ODM for TRN, until I found out about the true nature of TRN (ex-KZ employees). It all made sense at that point.

I wish them well. The V10 was a lofty freshman offering, even though it had problems. The fact that they came out with the V20 so quickly and it addressed many of the issues with the V10 shows me that they are fast becoming a ChiFi force to recon with for sure. I will certainly be keeping my eye on them in the future, and see myself at least trying one of their IEMs at some point (perhaps the upcoming V30). I already own (and love) a few of their upgrade cables.

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #30,767 of 63,939
Yeah, I was wondering what the scoop was on TRN as soon as they appeared on the scene with the V10. The design, look, cable, etc all reminded me too much of KZ and I knew they were related somehow.

I just assumed KZ was acting as an ODM for TRN, until I found out about the true nature of TRN (ex-KZ employees). It all made sense at that point.

I wish them well. The V10 was a lofty freshman offering, even though it had problems. The fact that they came out with the V20 so quickly and it addressed many of the issues with the V10 shows me that they are fast becoming a ChiFi force to recon with for sure. I will certainly be keeping my eye on them in the future, and see myself at least trying one of their IEMs at some point (perhaps the upcoming V30). I already own (and love) a few of their upgrade cables.

The TRN V10 is no KZ ZSR but I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed them when out and about town, given how severely the midrange is recessed.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #30,768 of 63,939
Anyone else order the T2 from NiceHCK during the sale? Mine still haven't shipped. According to a message I received from them last week, it's due to production shortages and they said it should be resolved by sometime around today, though I still haven't heard anything.

Kind of weird that they would still show so much stock if we're approaching 3 weeks to fulfill a product that was supposed to be stocked then.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #30,769 of 63,939
I've been wanting KZ to design a top notch dynamic driver. I was hoping that this model would fill the the void in KZ's lineup but it clearly states "Hybrid Technology".

YZ63 is on my watch list also. Its shape kinda reminds me my VE NUN-mod I did long time back.
Big ~16mm dynamic strapped on my ear - only thinking about it makes me feel better ;D

I have my eye on that KZ model as well.

I wonder what the configuration of the TRN V30 will be?

30581534_1124472561027887_6784087395936501760_n.jpg

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #30,770 of 63,939
Anyone else order the T2 from NiceHCK during the sale? Mine still haven't shipped. According to a message I received from them last week, it's due to production shortages and they said it should be resolved by sometime around today, though I still haven't heard anything.

Kind of weird that they would still show so much stock if we're approaching 3 weeks to fulfill a product that was supposed to be stocked then.

I did.

It doesn't bother me though. It will come eventually, once the factory catches up.

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #30,771 of 63,939
I have my eye on that KZ model as well.

I wonder what the configuration of the TRN V30 will be?

Well, by the shape of V30 I predict 2 possible setups:
1) dual-dynamic (one large, one micro) + 1BA
2) medium size DD + 1 BA

Btw, I just bought Rose North Forest for 15.9$ ;P

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #30,772 of 63,939
Well, by the shape of V30 I predict 2 possible setups:
1) dual-dynamic (one large, one micro) + 1BA
2) medium size DD + 1 BA

Yes, agreed. The nozzle looks quite large (enough for even 2 BAs like the KZ ZS6/ZSR), or for a dynamic micro driver in the nozzle (like the KZ HDS2 and others).

Btw, I just bought Rose North Forest for 15.9$ ;P

Nice!

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #30,773 of 63,939
My green ZS6 should be arriving by next week from NiceHCK. We'll see.

My green ZS6's arrived today. No lip on the nozzle, FWIW, but with a proper seal, sounds pretty good. Gotta do a *whole* bunch more tip rolling...these are easily the most uncomfortable IEMs I own.

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #30,775 of 63,939
I did.

It doesn't bother me though. It will come eventually, once the factory catches up.
I'm only slightly annoyed that they weren't more upfront about the stock. This order was placed after a different seller cancelled my sale order, due to the T2 turning out to be out of stock.

Thanks though, it's somewhat of a relief to know that someone else shares my plight.

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #30,776 of 63,939

I ordered the Tinaudio T2 and the KZ ZS10 together from BS during the last day of the Anniversary Sale. My order still hasn't shipped yet. Unsure which one is holding up the order or maybe both at this point - the only response from them is that it's shipping soon. I'll have to extend processing time by tomorrow again most likely. I'm expecting my other stuff from NiceHCK from the Anniversary Sale any day now since it's in the USPS system.

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #30,778 of 63,939
Keep hoping my Zs10 will show up, no news yet but I remain optimistic that it will arrive fairly soon.

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #30,780 of 63,939

Users who are viewing this thread

Back