1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    Yeah, I was wondering what the scoop was on TRN as soon as they appeared on the scene with the V10. The design, look, cable, etc all reminded me too much of KZ and I knew they were related somehow.

I just assumed KZ was acting as an ODM for TRN, until I found out about the true nature of TRN (ex-KZ employees). It all made sense at that point.

I wish them well. The V10 was a lofty freshman offering, even though it had problems. The fact that they came out with the V20 so quickly and it addressed many of the issues with the V10 shows me that they are fast becoming a ChiFi force to recon with for sure. I will certainly be keeping my eye on them in the future, and see myself at least trying one of their IEMs at some point (perhaps the upcoming V30). I already own (and love) a few of their upgrade cables.

2. DocHoliday
    The TRN V10 is no KZ ZSR but I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed them when out and about town, given how severely the midrange is recessed.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Bartig and Slater like this.
  3. ChaoticKinesis
    Anyone else order the T2 from NiceHCK during the sale? Mine still haven't shipped. According to a message I received from them last week, it's due to production shortages and they said it should be resolved by sometime around today, though I still haven't heard anything.

Kind of weird that they would still show so much stock if we're approaching 3 weeks to fulfill a product that was supposed to be stocked then.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  4. Slater
    I have my eye on that KZ model as well.

I wonder what the configuration of the TRN V30 will be?

30581534_1124472561027887_6784087395936501760_n.jpg

5. Slater
    I did.

It doesn't bother me though. It will come eventually, once the factory catches up.

6. CoiL
    Well, by the shape of V30 I predict 2 possible setups:
    1) dual-dynamic (one large, one micro) + 1BA
    2) medium size DD + 1 BA

Btw, I just bought Rose North Forest for 15.9$ ;P

7. Slater
    Yes, agreed. The nozzle looks quite large (enough for even 2 BAs like the KZ ZS6/ZSR), or for a dynamic micro driver in the nozzle (like the KZ HDS2 and others).

Nice!

8. riffrafff
    My green ZS6's arrived today. No lip on the nozzle, FWIW, but with a proper seal, sounds pretty good. Gotta do a *whole* bunch more tip rolling...these are easily the most uncomfortable IEMs I own.

9. skedra
    Put foam tips on, don't look back :)

ShakyJake likes this.
  10. ChaoticKinesis
    I'm only slightly annoyed that they weren't more upfront about the stock. This order was placed after a different seller cancelled my sale order, due to the T2 turning out to be out of stock.

Thanks though, it's somewhat of a relief to know that someone else shares my plight.

Slater likes this.
  11. rayliam80
    I ordered the Tinaudio T2 and the KZ ZS10 together from BS during the last day of the Anniversary Sale. My order still hasn't shipped yet. Unsure which one is holding up the order or maybe both at this point - the only response from them is that it's shipping soon. I'll have to extend processing time by tomorrow again most likely. I'm expecting my other stuff from NiceHCK from the Anniversary Sale any day now since it's in the USPS system.

12. black_sephirot
    Just got ZS10, in a quick try, the sound signature is quite similar to ZSR, for me the fit is pretty good, better than ZSR, but not better than Zs3, also is the isolation, I don't feel the lack of bass so much, I like it very much, and they are beautiful.

[​IMG]

C2thew and Bartig like this.
  13. Wiljen
    Keep hoping my Zs10 will show up, no news yet but I remain optimistic that it will arrive fairly soon.

14. HungryPanda
    0e1407027_waiting-series-graphic.jpg

groucho69 and rayliam80 like this.
  15. Taters00
    rayliam80 likes this.