Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 30, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #29,746 of 63,998
I’m sure they’ll be on Aliexpress and gearbest soon.

I was on Ali... under $2 each for the box but more than $2 added to each for shipping...

I don't need them that badly! cheaper options...like the zippered cases.

Mar 30, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #29,749 of 63,998
KZ also has new IEM box, made of ABS plastic. Looks much better than the previous one.

Couldn't hardly miss as the last one (hard case, not the soft zipper case - the black plastic one) was made out of recycled grocery bags with all the tensile strength of a wet noodle.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #29,750 of 63,998
I was on Ali... under $2 each for the box but more than $2 added to each for shipping...

I don't need them that badly! cheaper options...like the zippered cases.

I’m sure they’ll come down in price as more sellers carry them. It’s just too new right now.

I guarantee the Aliexpress sellers currently charging shipping are just doing proxy selling. You order from them for $2 + $2 shipping. Then they turn around and order it from Taobao for $1.30 + $2 shipping, and have it shipped directly to you. They make $0.70 without having to handle any inventory.

But if you wait a bit until Aliexpress sellers actually get physical inventory in stock, then you’ll start seeing all of the Aliexpress sellers with free shipping. And once that happens, competition will kick in and the prices will start dropping like a rock.

Mar 30, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #29,751 of 63,998
Couldn't hardly miss as the last one (hard case, not the soft zipper case - the black plastic one) was made out of recycled grocery bags with all the tensile strength of a wet noodle.
I must have got a different run of the black hard case then. Mine seems much sturdier. :ksc75smile:

As a matter of fact, out of curiosity I just threw it on the floor and stood on it, (after removing my green ZS6, just in case). It survived 190 pounds of me shifting my weight around on it just fine. It probably wouldn't survive me driving the old station wagon :blue_car: over it or a direct bomb :bomb: blast, but it is more than adequate to keep earphones in for less than two bucks...

Mar 30, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #29,752 of 63,998
I must have got a different run of the black hard case then. Mine seems much sturdier. :ksc75smile:

As a matter of fact, out of curiosity I just threw it on the floor and stood on it, (after removing my green ZS6, just in case). It survived 190 pounds of me shifting my weight around on it just fine. It probably wouldn't survive me driving the old station wagon :blue_car: over it or a direct bomb :bomb: blast, but it is more than adequate to keep earphones in for less than two bucks...

Maybe I just got the worst of the lot as mine was skewed out of the box and didnt ever seal and the hinge broke within a month of getting it. I can't imagine that we got things that different out of KZ, I mean after all their QC is world famous.

Mar 30, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #29,753 of 63,998
KZ also has new IEM box, made of ABS plastic. Looks much better than the previous one.

Looks a lot like the "Mini Monitor Vault" cases by Westone that were, if I'm not horribly wrong, produced by OtterBox. Great little cases and very sturdy. The only disadvantage was that the area around the clasp locks eventually started to form cracks due to the rubber gaskets wielding too much force on the clasp.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #29,754 of 63,998
I just went ahead and ordered a dozen square and round zippered soft cases in various colors for £1 each on Amazon UK but they are shipping from China. I will share a few with my husband IF he needs any. LOL

I do have a few iems and buds that like the rectangular cases better but I can switch some things around.

edited to add:
Actually the shipping was £1 each. The cases were £0.01 for the square ones and £0.10 for the round for a total of £0.30! So grand total £12.30 for 10 square and two round.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #29,755 of 63,998
D7AF9CA8-4FDA-46AC-89F5-489913B76195.jpeg
Should be roughly if not exactly this size.

Rose Tech uses the Westone style cases on a few of their IEM/earbuds.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #29,756 of 63,998
I went ahead and jumped on the ZS10 bandwagon. I also got another set of ZS6's in green and a few TRN cables (for my ZS3 which I'm growing to love) from NiceHCK. I just can't resist the green color. Not sure if it will be wise to mix/match the green and black ZS6 shells but I might just play with it to see how it all sounds.

Mar 30, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #29,757 of 63,998
Maybe I just got the worst of the lot as mine was skewed out of the box and didnt ever seal and the hinge broke within a month of getting it. I can't imagine that we got things that different out of KZ, I mean after all their QC is world famous.
:ksc75smile:

Mar 30, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #29,758 of 63,998
I went ahead and jumped on the ZS10 bandwagon. I also got another set of ZS6's in green and a few TRN cables (for my ZS3 which I'm growing to love) from NiceHCK. I just can't resist the green color. Not sure if it will be wise to mix/match the green and black ZS6 shells but I might just play with it to see how it all sounds.
Where did you find the green ZS6? Rare as hen's teeth these days...

Mar 30, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #29,760 of 63,998

Users who are viewing this thread

Back