Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 8, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #26,746 of 63,827
You can see KZ likes this quote: “Good artists copy, great artists steal”

just kidding, lol.

Well, king arthur will not make KZ a knight on his round table for a long time, but I do not mind. The review was even very positive about the performance of the zs6, but also stated there still was a slightly noticeable performancegap between both earbuds, so even the more expensive rolemodel got a positive review. So all in all it is a positive article for both earbuds, because if you can spare $1099,-- for earbuds, then you will not even consider to look at the kz lineup anyway.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #26,747 of 63,827
Copy? There is no copying going on. None whatsoever. Nuh uh! Not here in the KZ thread. Nope nope nope.

I see nothing.gif

Jan 8, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #26,750 of 63,827
Well, king arthur will not make KZ a knight on his round table for a long time, but I do not mind. The review was even very positive about the performance of the zs6, but also stated there still was a slightly noticeable performancegap between both earbuds, so even the more expensive rolemodel got a positive review. So all in all it is a positive article for both earbuds, because if you can spare $1099,-- for earbuds, then you will not even consider to look at the kz lineup anyway.
IEMs :wink:

Jan 8, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #26,751 of 63,827
So the vido earbuds drivers would fit the ZS3? Wow. Those buds are extremely cheap you can get them for $2 a pop. But is it recommend to use an earbud driver and put it on am IEM shell?
I seem to remember @CoiL putting a VE Monk driver into an ATE shell with a custom back added.

Jan 8, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #26,754 of 63,827
Apparently it seems that the KZ ED3 is completely sold out on both eBay and Aliexpress. However if you're really that desperate to get the ED3 as a collector's item, there's this one eBay seller selling it for around $22, which is like 3x the regular price (and the seller is quite sketchy too). Just thought I'd let people here know. Thankfully I still have mines (the Acme model) and they are quite a good sounding IEM for the price. Great instrument separation and soundstage too.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #26,757 of 63,827
I seem to remember @CoiL putting a VE Monk driver into an ATE shell with a custom back added.
That`s wrong, LOL :D Monk driver wouldn`t fit into ATE shell.
ATE FF-mod You talk about is just heavily modified ATE.
VE Monk driver I just reshelled with wood and made into IEM, that`s the VE NUN mod You can see on my avatar.

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #26,758 of 63,827
I have extracted my spare ZST's driver which is very challenging to do...tons of glue everywhere..lol. For the love of the ZS3 shell, I will try experimenting whether the ZST's driver will sound good on zs3's shell. Fitting the 10mm driver requires extra work.,more cutting here and there until you find enough room for it. I'm not technical enough so I'll just do trial and error. Any inputs from experts are very much welcome. Hoping for the best., :)
zs3.jpg

Jan 9, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #26,760 of 63,827
That`s wrong, LOL :D Monk driver wouldn`t fit into ATE shell.
ATE FF-mod You talk about is just heavily modified ATE.
VE Monk driver I just reshelled with wood and made into IEM, that`s the VE NUN mod You can see on my avatar.
Doh! I knew you'd done something with something and come up with something else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back