Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 8, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #26,161 of 63,916
The Micro Ring is a legend!
Wish I had one. And a DT5 also...

Yeh, some KZs are horri... errr..., not for my taste. The ED12, the ATR and the EDS1...
And then you have the bipolar ED7, sounds quite good out of a laptop or smartphone, awful with a proper DAP or amp.
oh, there are some KZs you don't care for...yet you don't repeatedly post complaints about it?Hunh... I mean, if you are unhappy with those models, by all means post ad nauseum about your distaste every time they are mentioned and yammer endlessly about how you can't understand why people would waste their money ....or you know just act like an adult and move on when the discussion turns to IEMs you don't care for?

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #26,162 of 63,916
oh, there are some KZs you don't care for...yet you don't repeatedly post complaints about it?Hunh... I mean, if you are unhappy with those models, by all means post ad nauseum about your distaste every time they are mentioned and yammer endlessly about how you can't understand why people would waste their money ....or you know just act like an adult and move on when the discussion turns to IEMs you don't care for?
:wink:

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #26,163 of 63,916
Make the haters cringe:kissing_closed_eyes: (Sorry mobile users). And the most cringe-worthy part. I bought them all ('cept that gunmetal colored ED4 and the HD9 which was a loaner). What a "waste" of money. EW!

:v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v:
Really like the look of the ED3. Looks like a tiny blow dryer.

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #26,164 of 63,916
I have never had a bad iem. Even the ones that don't sound good......have been good enough to act as a decoy so my ex-wife didn't bother trying to talk to me!

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #26,165 of 63,916
Make the haters cringe:kissing_closed_eyes: (Sorry mobile users). And the most cringe-worthy part. I bought them all ('cept that gunmetal colored ED4 and the HD9 which was a loaner). What a "waste" of money. EW!

:v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v:

Sooo many old school classics there! That's a rare collection chief.

Hit me up if you ever want to sell a few of them (micro ring, ANV, DT5).

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #26,166 of 63,916
Make the haters cringe…
Couple of questions…
Which one is the micro ring?
In the middle of the sequence, there are a pair, looks like a metal body, knurled around the middle, blue and red painted rings near the nozzle end, one pair silver-ish (aluminum?) the other pair golden in color. What are those?
KZ made a wooden body IEM? How was/is it? What model?

Dec 8, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #26,167 of 63,916
Couple of questions…
Which one is the micro ring?
In the middle of the sequence, there are a pair, looks like a metal body, knurled around the middle, blue and red painted rings near the nozzle end, one pair silver-ish (aluminum?) the other pair golden in color. What are those?
KZ made a wooden body IEM? How was/is it? What model?

The micro ring is the one that looks like a vented machine gun barrel - really thin with lots of holes drilled in it.

Not sure about the wooden one - I must have missed that one. It looks like a cross between a VJJB K3 and a Magaosi BK50, except with a removable cable. I wish KZ would do more removable cables like that (ie "DC" style). They are reliable, and there's no chance of plugging them in backwards (out of phase) like the 2-pin nonsense. Like they used on that wooden one or the QKZ W1 Pro.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #26,168 of 63,916
That is such a bad analogy though! Mechanical watches make no sense! They're way more expensive than quartz watches and less accurate. You also have to spend hundreds of dollars to service them, and it only gets dumber and more expensive with "in house movements". I don't think much of watch enthusiasts. They spend more money for over-engineered and under-performing pieces of jewelry.

I'd get the Timex watch and spend another $30 for a nice leather strap over a dumb Rolex that looks boring (they all look the same) and requires expensive servicing every ~6 years.

This example just doesn't relate to KZ at all. Sure, they make the cheapest 4 driver earphones in the market. But that just sounds good on paper. The reality is a different story.

Further, there are so many alternatives under $50 that offer way better sound quality and build quality. And I don't believe that it's a huge sum of money to spend on earphones. But yeah, go ahead and find out how cheap you can go with KZ. They cut so many corners and the earphones are badly EQed. Enjoy your nasty boosted treble and hollow mids. But please, for the love of good sound, stop praising these cheap earphones like they're the cat's pajamas! Because they're not

Three words for you to burn into your brain: IN MY OPINION.

Not sure why you spend so much time in a forum when you don't like the products? You are welcome to your opinions, but please don't parade them around as facts...

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #26,169 of 63,916
I always believed you could do it.

Thanks!

Trieing to figure out how to wear them now, and which side is actually the left and which is the right.
Are they supposed to be weared over the ear? Never done that before.
I might try to tiprol spinfit or foam tips tomorrow.

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #26,170 of 63,916
Isn't it the same? As you can use the same cable for the ZS3, ZS5 and ZS6.
Since it is 2 pin, yes that part fits, but the plastic bit that is right after the two pins, that part doesn't fit. I read here on headfi and in the advert, that because of that plastic part, there are two versions. The cable has silver colored metal plugs on all ends, not the black or white plastic plugs version. The parts with the two pins have a red or blue stripe on it.

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #26,171 of 63,916
Thanks!

Trieing to figure out how to wear them now, and which side is actually the left and which is the right.
Are they supposed to be weared over the ear? Never done that before.
I might try to tiprol spinfit or foam tips tomorrow.
yeah, you sort of mold the wire over the back of your ear. Give it some time , play around with it a little. Some of us have to reverse the tips to make them fit right..on my right ear I use foam tips installed backwards, but the left ear is a foam tip installed the 'correct' way, go figure.

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #26,172 of 63,916
Three words for you to burn into your brain: IN MY OPINION.

Not sure why you spend so much time in a forum when you don't like the products? You are welcome to your opinions, but please don't parade them around as facts...
if you set that troll to 'ignore' you won't have to go through this, you don't see the vomitus they like to spill hither and yon...they aren't going to get your message through their dense cranium (they can't hear you over the sweet sounds of the Mode) and the mods clearly have no interest in doing anything about them.

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #26,173 of 63,916
Since it is 2 pin, yes that part fits, but the plastic bit that is right after the two pins, that part doesn't fit. I read here on headfi and in the advert, that because of that plastic part, there are two versions. The cable has silver colored metal plugs on all ends, not the black or white plastic plugs version. The parts with the two pins have a red or blue stripe on it.

I understand now you have this version below.

ZST CHROME.png

You will have to trim the housing and it will fit.

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #26,174 of 63,916
I understand now you have this version below.

You will have to trim the housing and it will fit.
here is another post of me with information about the cable (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1708#post-13876257). As someone mentioned there should be a pre-trimmed version of this cable. Since there is no indication on the two pin ends of which pin is ground, I am going to use my multimeter for that. Otherwise it would be strange just randomly plugging then in, especially because we are discussing very subjective quality difference between cables in the first place :)

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #26,175 of 63,916

Users who are viewing this thread

Back