Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 25, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #22,096 of 64,010
Seems like I completely wasted some money then.
My ZS6 have been shipped and I am reaaaaally treble sensitive(Though not even one KZ iem has been sibilant to me).

Oh well, maybe it will go well with a certain genre or else I am going to equalize the crap out of it.

Sep 25, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #22,097 of 64,010
My ZS6 have cleared customs, delivery is scheduled for Wednesday.

Have 2 sets of ZS5s just in case I lost one, so pretty excited.

I've owned tons of expensive headphones, but the ZS5s have the best fit for me and sound the best out of all of them. It's really amazing.

Sep 25, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #22,098 of 64,010
My ZS6 arrived tonight and I have to say I think mine have a different tuning than has been discussed so far. They are treble forward but not to the cannon or nuke level that has been mentioned thus far in thread. Granted this is initial impression from a couple hours listening, but I expected my ears to be bleeding from some of the comments and it just isnt the case. Mine were off the shelf from Gearbest. Just for reference - where did the pair Chris measured come from?

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #22,100 of 64,010
zse/es3/zst or zs3? for balanced/fun and good mids?

Don't overlook the ED9. I still think it was probably the most balanced sounding of all the KZs I have tried with the more open nozzles and if you want a bit more v-shaped sound the narrow nozzles and a bit of tape over the vent will give you more than enough bass slam for even our bassheads club.

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #22,101 of 64,010
Sep 25, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #22,102 of 64,010
My ZS6 arrived tonight and I have to say I think mine have a different tuning than has been discussed so far. They are treble forward but not to the cannon or nuke level that has been mentioned thus far in thread. Granted this is initial impression from a couple hours listening, but I expected my ears to be bleeding from some of the comments and it just isnt the case. Mine were off the shelf from Gearbest. Just for reference - where did the pair Chris measured come from?
Well dang... I was kinda hoping the bad reviews meant relief for my wallet. :D

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #22,103 of 64,010
zse/es3/zst or zs3? for balanced/fun and good mids?
Between these, for one that what to avoid peaky sound on higher frequency, at now it seem to be better chose between ZSE and ZS3. ZSE have more details, are warmer and more fun, but ZS3 have better instrument separation, isolation, are more balanced ( in voice presence ) and the cable, witch is very prone to microphonics on ZSE, could be upgradable. They have different stile of fit, but i find comfort as good on both.
I personally find the need for a mix between the positive aspects of both, and now hoping for the hinted newer version of the ZS3 ( ZS4 ? )

ES3 seem a ZST colored with more bass and lesser highs, but still v-shaped. However, i have see some comments on Gearbest for the ES3 that find the highs too harsh anyway. Tonality and sensitivity over higher harshness could make huge difference on personal opinion.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #22,104 of 64,010
Don't overlook the ED9. I still think it was probably the most balanced sounding of all the KZs I have tried with the more open nozzles and if you want a bit more v-shaped sound the narrow nozzles and a bit of tape over the vent will give you more than enough bass slam for even our bassheads club.

I threw my ED9 in the garbage because they were awful. Treble Bazookas. And the Bass was so overblown. Just picture a hairy hipster with a deep, deep V-neck that extends to the belly button. That was the sound profile. The mids we're in a different country. Everything sounded kinda thin.

I am sure that if you use the really long filters and mod them like you said, they would be more bearable. But I wouldn't even bother. I didn't even bother. The cheaper ED7 is wayyyyyy better. It's not even close.

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #22,105 of 64,010
Between these, for one that what to avoid peaky sound on higher frequency, at now it seem to be better chose between ZSE and ZS3. ZSE have more details, are warmer and more fun, but ZS3 have better instrument separation, isolation, are more balanced ( in voice presence ) and the cable, witch is very prone to microphonics on ZSE, could be upgradable. They have different stile of fit, but i find comfort as good on both.
I personally find the need for a mix between the positive aspects of both, and now hoping for the hinted newer version of the ZS3 ( ZS4 ? )

ES3 seem a ZST colored with more bass and lesser highs, but still v-shaped. However, i have see some comments on Gearbest for the ES3 that find the highs too harsh anyway. Tonality and sensitivity over higher harshness could make huge difference on personal opinion.
The ES3 doesn't even have as much treble as zs5. :call_me: :call_me:

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #22,106 of 64,010
I'm with you on that one Fox2 - just goes to show that we all have different tastes and preferences. I'd take the ED9 over the ED7, the ZST over either of them and the ZS5 over the ZST. The ZS6 hasn't been around long enough to earn a spot on the list yet.

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #22,107 of 64,010
I'm with you on that one Fox2 - just goes to show that we all have different tastes and preferences. I'd take the ED9 over the ED7, the ZST over either of them and the ZS5 over the ZST. The ZS6 hasn't been around long enough to earn a spot on the list yet.
Sounds legit :call_me:

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #22,109 of 64,010
I just saw a review for the ZSE and it's bad. Another V-shaped earphone with hot treble. Not to mention that the fit is awkward. Grrr...KZ! The ATE looks good though.

But what if v shaped is good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back