Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 25, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #22,066 of 64,235
Sep 25, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #22,067 of 64,235
Fully agree with Chris finding. Just got the ZS6 today and haven't have much time to go through it because of busy work, but on initial first few minutes of listening ... this thing ain't just treble cannon man... it's literally a treble nuke lol. I consider myself pretty tolerant to bright treble but this ... KZ really has made a bad decision for moving the BA driver into the nozzle. I still get amazed by its soundstage and its full and deep bass which now appears to be tighter with better texture but but but the treble man.. treble ... i think i gonna try some mod on it if burn in doesn't help and i think burn-in won't help coz 1. I'm not a firm believer in burn-in. Brain burn-in yes and 2. Even if burn-in has any effect, BA is definitely the least to be benefited from.

So some take home message for the treble sensitive's. Avoid the ZS6 at all cost, you'll probably do fine with ZS5 but i'm not sure about Rev2 tho.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #22,068 of 64,235
Fully agree with Chris finding. Just got the ZS6 today and haven't have much time to go through it because of busy work, but on initial first few minutes of listening ... this thing ain't just treble cannon man... it's literally a treble nuke lol. I consider myself pretty tolerant to bright treble but this ... KZ really has made a bad decision for moving the BA driver into the nozzle. I still get amazed by its soundstage and its full and deep bass which now appears to be tighter with better texture but but but the treble man.. treble ... i think i gonna try some mod on it if burn in doesn't help and i think burn-in won't help coz 1. I'm not a firm believer in burn-in. Brain burn-in yes and 2. Even if burn-in has any effect, BA is definitely the least to be benefited from.

So some take home message for the treble sensitive's. Avoid the ZS6 at all cost, you'll probably do fine with ZS5 but i'm not sure about Rev2 tho.
TREBLE NUKES? :astonished:

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #22,069 of 64,235

Wow, I even had many issues with ZS5 v1 treble, ZS6 is obviously a step in the worst direction they could go for me. It is very clear to me now that KZ's BA in the nozzle needs to be redesigned from scratch, because the only thing that could have this much of an effect to this 10k peak is this additional BA in the nozzle. I suspect that slightly shifted peaks compared to ZS5 are due to metal being used instead of plastic.
I honestly expected that 2 of the same BAs in the nozzle, both producing quieter sound compared to just a single BA would fix my gripes with ZS5, but they just couldn't power them down and went overboard.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #22,070 of 64,235
Wow, I even had many issues with ZS5 v1 treble, ZS6 is obviously a step in the worst direction they could go for me. It is very clear to me now that KZ's BA in the nozzle needs to be redesigned from scratch, because the only thing that could have this much of an effect to this 10k peak is this additional BA in the nozzle. I suspect that slightly shifted peaks compared to ZS5 are due to metal being used instead of plastic.
I honestly expected that 2 of the same BAs in the nozzle, both producing quieter sound compared to just a single BA would fix my gripes with ZS5, but they just couldn't power them down and went overboard.
Right. They could have doubled up with some retuning.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #22,071 of 64,235
I went poking around a bit on Ali after getting curious about all the screen changing comments - figured there must be a source for such fabric screens with the frequency they get recommended...

But the only thing I could find are these, I think they're 5mm (based on an old listing of the same product) so they might fit?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3M-...-Cotton-diy-headset-unit-tone/2035370421.html

Dunno if anyone has had better luck finding such things :p

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #22,072 of 64,235
You could still try modding the IEM by removing the mesh and damping the nozzle output. But yeah, you really have to be a hardcore treblehead to like the stock upper treble emphasis.

That's what my plan is if I don't like them once they arrive. Did the same thing to the ZST and couldn't have been happier with the results.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #22,073 of 64,235
That's what my plan is if I don't like them once they arrive. Did the same thing to the ZST and couldn't have been happier with the results.
You dampered the ZST nozzle?

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #22,074 of 64,235
It's really a shame... at least for me. Treble-head must be very pleased.

I have already gifted my pair of ZS5 v1, because of my sensitivity, but this can be just unbearable to me. From the graph, it also appear as a stronger v-shaped...

Oh well... better wait for the ZS3 hybrid :fingers_crossed:

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #22,075 of 64,235
Sep 25, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #22,076 of 64,235
It's really a shame... at least for me. Treble-head must be very pleased.

I have already gifted my pair of ZS5 v1, because of my sensitivity, but this can be just unbearable to me. From the graph, it also appear as a stronger v-shaped...

Oh well... better wait for the ZS3 hybrid :fingers_crossed:
I think the ES3 is pretty great. I would like them to add an extra dd. :call_me:

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #22,079 of 64,235
I don't know if I already posted this here.. But I think I like the look of the ES3 better than the ZS5's.

20170923_095140.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back