Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 26, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #22,127 of 63,936
As someone who does own ZS5 v2 they are indeed "shining peaks mountain to the sky too tall ear knife" but I was able to eq it out on my phone with viper4android but since I got a new phone don't want to void warranty by rooting.

I will definitely try to mod the ZS5 in the future to remove the 1 ba or ever both ba once kz releases a non treble canon like iem I really hope the zs3 hybrid comes soon I really love mine but gave it to my brother.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #22,128 of 63,936
There's a ZS5 v2? What is the difference between the v1 and v2? Sorry if its an old question, haven't been checking this thread lately. I currently have a ZS5, how do I tell if its v1 or v2? Also, how does the ZS6 compare to ZS5? Thinking of upgrading lol

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #22,129 of 63,936
There's a ZS5 v2? What is the difference between the v1 and v2? Sorry if its an old question, haven't been checking this thread lately. I currently have a ZS5, how do I tell if its v1 or v2? Also, how does the ZS6 compare to ZS5? Thinking of upgrading lol
The v1 has one ba in the nozzle while the v2 has 2 ba in the nozzle you can check by looking into the nozzle with a flashlight if one ring its v1 if 2 ring its v2.

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #22,133 of 63,936
That reviewer probably has extremely treble sensitive ears.

The ZSE has good treble but definitely not 'hot' or 'bright'. Far from it. Its in fact 'warm' sounding rather than 'bright' overall.
I agree. I can also add that everyday's sensitivity isn't always the same, for the ones that suffer from migraine or/and tinnitus.
The ZS6 metal screen is very easy to remove and you won't risk damaging the screen too coz it looks more solid. With a tweezer or a needle, you can easily take out the screen and do all your modding needs.

And that's how i ended up enjoying them for hours, tho still not as satisfying in the treble region but the peak and harshness is gone. All i did was cut a small piece of sponge (like the ones you get from the KZ hardshell case) according to the size of the nozzle and place it just beneath the metal screen. On top of that i uses a piece of fabric material screen to cover on top of the nozzle.

With the mods i can enjoy it much longer although it somewhat veiled the sound slightly sacrificing a bit of details. Not a satisfactory modding but thank god it is all reversible coz removing all of that is easy so i'm gonna see myself do lots of trial and error till i find the best ones.

I'll definitely be looking forward to Slater's modding of the ZS6 too when he gets it. Gonna look for some acoustic dampeners for BA driver in the meantime.

Good point, maybe someone can find a good and easy solution, with a better dampening material.

Sep 26, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #22,134 of 63,936
As someone who does own ZS5 v2 they are indeed "shining peaks mountain to the sky too tall ear knife" but I was able to eq it out on my phone with viper4android but since I got a new phone don't want to void warranty by rooting.

I will definitely try to mod the ZS5 in the future to remove the 1 ba or ever both ba once kz releases a non treble canon like iem I really hope the zs3 hybrid comes soon I really love mine but gave it to my brother.

Can you post the eq settings you were using? I'm having v4a app only. So can try that

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #22,137 of 63,936
About the ZSE, I am gonna assume that the negative review was due to the poor fit. This other reviewer likes the ZSE a lot, and he has a good fit. He says that there's no harshness in the highs and he even likes the ZSE more than the ZS5!

I think I'll just buy a pair. It's so ridiculously cheap.

Sep 26, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #22,139 of 63,936
About the ZSE, I am gonna assume that the negative review was due to the poor fit. This other reviewer likes the ZSE a lot, and he has a good fit. He says that there's no harshness in the highs and he even likes the ZSE more than the ZS5!

I think I'll just buy a pair. It's so ridiculously cheap.

If you listen to a lot energetic pop music as well as solo vocals, you will enjoy them a lot. I use them mainly for that. :)

Sep 26, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #22,140 of 63,936
Is the issue with the treble, something that can be fixed with eq? Any suggestions on that front. I have got zs5 ( not sure which version) , which is already sibilant and harsh on some tracks with ear tips that I find to give me great mids plus bass combo. With other ear tips, it truly becomes a basshead earphones and lacks details, mids, but no sibilance as well.

Was honestly thinking of getting a zs6, especially if eq can fix the treble issues

The sharpness can be lowered, however you would need an EQ (best a parametric EQ) that allows for great changes (> 10 dB).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back