Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 30, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #2,086 of 64,386
  The ED8m is getting some pretty good reviews in China. They also seem to come with those nicer "hurricane spiral" tips.

Cool. What I want to hear! I have the two sets on the way. But tracking # still not showing up yet on China Post tracking :frowning2:

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #2,087 of 64,386
  Looking good! Any name? :)

KZ R3

They're wooden 
eek.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #2,089 of 64,386
They are KZ R3 linear. :smile:

Are they bass heavy ......? Me got one of these R3 ...me liking them very much but some old timer who have them reported them to be bass cannon which is not the case for me .....they are very revealing in the clarity and details = bright ......so if they are .....dont mind getting another pair .....links pls...thanks in advance ..cheers

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #2,090 of 64,386
Are they bass heavy ......? Me got one of these R3 ...me liking them very much but some old timer who have them reported them to be bass cannon which is not the case for me .....they are very revealing in the clarity and details = bright ......so if they are .....dont mind getting another pair .....links pls...thanks in advance ..cheers

Oh they definitely are bass heavy by my standards.
To give you an idea of what my ears think sounds good, I really enjoy the way my Superlux HD668B sound and lots of people say they are too bright for them. 
This is the EQ on my audio only Samsung Galaxy S with Voodoo Sound. 

I ordered them HERE

I
 plugged them into my burn in station and ill give them 36 more hours of burn in and then i will report back. If i dont forget. 

Dec 31, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #2,092 of 64,386
  The ED8m is getting some pretty good reviews in China. They also seem to come with those nicer "hurricane spiral" tips.

Nice news. Still my ED8 tracking number isn't showing up :/
I think I've seen those 'Spiral Hurricane' tips somewhere... right! Those come with TTPODs. But I didn't like 'em, their material was kinda stiff.

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #2,093 of 64,386
Nice news. Still my ED8 tracking number isn't showing up :/
I think I've seen those 'Spiral Hurricane' tips somewhere... right! Those come with TTPODs. But I didn't like 'em, their material was kinda stiff.

Yeah they call them whirlwind and are stiffer.....totally worthless.

Dec 31, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #2,097 of 64,386
So, I'm beginning to think that every KZ product is a ripoff (as far as the visuals go). I found the base for LPS. It's V-moda LP

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp2-matte-black-metal/

I wonder how diffrent they are in terms of audio representation.

Dec 31, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #2,098 of 64,386
  So, I'm beginning to think that every KZ product is a ripoff (as far as the visuals go). I found the base for LPS. It's V-moda LP

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp2-matte-black-metal/

I wonder how diffrent they are in terms of audio representation.

I disagree. They have dozens of models and only a handful of the KZ branded IEM's and headphones are dead ringer - lookalikes. I hope going forward KZ doesn't put their logo on obvious clones. It degrades the brand. Not that many take KZ as a brand seriously 
k701smile.gif

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #2,099 of 64,386
So I just received the R3, ED3 and DT3 and they are very beautiful. The construction on the ED3 reminds me quite a lot of the ES, but they're both beautiful in their own ways. Now I just have to listen. I really love KZ a little too much :)

EDIT: Holy crap, you guys were NOT kidding about the magnificence of the DT3s sound. I'm amazed. The R3 is also surprisingly incredible as far as SQ goes, not to mention the build quality and detachable cable. The ED3 is also very good, just par for the course at this point with KZ.

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #2,100 of 64,386
  So I just received the R3, ED3 and DT3 and they are very beautiful. The construction on the ED3 reminds me quite a lot of the ES, but they're both beautiful in their own ways. Now I just have to listen. I really love KZ a little too much :)

EDIT: Holy crap, you guys were NOT kidding about the magnificence of the DT3s sound. I'm amazed.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back