Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 25, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #19,201 of 63,882
have you tried qcy qy19?
That's my BT iems right now, and they're good, but i'm a bit interested in the KZ BT module as well, if it sounds at least 'good enough'

I have not.

Other than both KZ BT modules, Bluedio T3+, and a bone-conducting BT headphone, the only BT IEM I own is the Awei A920BLS (aka A920BL Pro).

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #19,203 of 63,882
Does anyone knows whether the 2 pin male plug used on Westone, JH, Earsonics, 1964Ears cables are fit with KZ ZST recessed 2 pin female? I'm sure these 2 pins are not universal as MMCX since I've seen these plugs with different pins-end diameter/ plastic housing size, so I don't want to end up with plugs that is too big or too loose to connect to ZST.

Below is the pins I want to purchase that advertised for previously mentioned IEM brands.

51511686_e81ef84d-ce29-4220-aaca-481c4e111d73_520_390.jpg

Anyway, does anyone knows whether MMCX female socket are created equally? I want to buy MMCX female socket that is designed for PCB (below 1st pic) because it is like 1/3 the price of a MMCX female socket advertised for attached directly on a device/IEM (below 2nd pic). I never work with MMCX before so I'm concerned whether both have the same locking mechanism nor durability.

19032433_e198d3c0-8617-4d34-8203-04cffc10d117_640_480.jpg
443808_d54dffa3-8913-4fcc-815c-8f31c3f81588.jpg

I'm thinking to either make 2 pins cable for ZST, or convert all my IEMs to just use MMCX instead for simplicity sake, and also because 2 pins male connector are shaped differently according to IEM recessed socket, is pretty rare and more expensive than a MMCX male plug around my place :frowning2:

Your fears are well founded. When I was selling this stuff I was amazed at the variation even withing the same batch, never mind from factory to factory. You will just have to give it a go and hope for the best.

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #19,204 of 63,882
Jul 25, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #19,205 of 63,882
Your fears are well founded. When I was selling this stuff I was amazed at the variation even withing the same batch, never mind from factory to factory. You will just have to give it a go and hope for the best.

This is exactly why I try to buy 2 of every IEM. Besides having a backup pair in the event of breakage, having more than 1 helps to detect variability in sound (that you'd otherwise be completely oblivious to if you only had 1, because you'd have nothing to compare it to). It also makes modding easier because you have the unmodified version to A-B with as you tweak.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #19,207 of 63,882
Sorry I did. The quoting mechanism is not the most intuitive I must say.
No worries. :) I thought I should let you know. Yeah, I concur that the way the Head-Fi forum quotes a post is quite confusing at first.

Anyway, on-topic. Regarding the Slater mod for ZS3, I really decided to put back the red screen. Without the red screen, it lost some of the bass details, almost similar to a ZST (in which I kinda don't like when I A-B'd it with the ZS3). Putting them back on, it regained some of the bass, in which I'm looking for in the ZS3 and the reason why I bought it in the first place.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #19,208 of 63,882
vive le difference--i can easily see why you'd prefer the kzs, but for me the urbanfun (along with the bosshifi b3 and einsear t2) have that certain hard-to-define "refinement"--they really do sound like much more expensive phones.
I really want to try the UrbanFuns...but the straight plug is a deal-breaker for me. I really wish they'd put a right-angle plug on it.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #19,209 of 63,882
No worries. :) I thought I should let you know. Yeah, I concur that the way the Head-Fi forum quotes a post is quite confusing at first.

Anyway, on-topic. Regarding the Slater mod for ZS3, I really decided to put back the red screen. Without the red screen, it lost some of the bass details, almost similar to a ZST (in which I kinda don't like when I A-B'd it with the ZS3). Putting them back on, it regained some of the bass, in which I'm looking for in the ZS3 and the reason why I bought it in the first place.
I've also done the mod but left the red screens. I don't know what it is with the ZS3 but it's always in my ears even though I got the ZS5 as well. :beerchug:

Jul 25, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #19,211 of 63,882
I've also done the mod but left the red screens. I don't know what it is with the ZS3 but it's always in my ears even though I got the ZS5 as well. :beerchug:
Man, I'm getting mixed feedback on the ZS5. I dunno if it's the one I should buy next, or should I wait for the ZSE? (in my place, it's still not on sale locally; don't wanna risk buying it online) I need to A-B the ZS5 along with ZS3 the next time I visit my nearby headphone store...

Also, we are on the same boat regarding the ZS3 lol.:beerchug: Like you, it's almost stuck on my ears. It's like I almost ignore all of my other headphones/earphones. :laughing:

Jul 25, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #19,212 of 63,882
Jul 25, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #19,213 of 63,882
I really want to try the UrbanFuns...but the straight plug is a deal-breaker for me. I really wish they'd put a right-angle plug on it.

I dont know guys, I bought Urbanfuns.. delicate treble (and I am treble sensitive, ok for me), but I can not get used to its bass. I think that mid bass hump annoys me, because I´m used to more flat bass from RE400 I guess :D
I have also ATE which I don´t find too boomy, I don´t know.. Tip rolling may help, willsee...
*Just jumped on ZSE deal! I like that design, bought it instead of ZS5 which I was looking at recently :D

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #19,214 of 63,882
*Just jumped on ZSE deal!

how can we possibly resist at that price? It's less than a lunch at McDonald's (not that I ever eat at McD's, but....)

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #19,215 of 63,882
I got KZ ZS5 ... Jesus ... this is really good! I can not get them out of my ears! They are exceptional. Everything is gud:bass, medium, high, good dynamics! It's really good to listen to them. I did not expect this. Every genre of music is heard very well,from vocals to psytrance.Whoever thinks of buying them, do it freely! I've been audiofil all my life and this is one true enjoyment in music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back