Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 15, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #18,946 of 64,160
I screwed up.

I tried to erase the 'ZST' logo on my KZ ZST candy by soaking it in a nail polish remover for around 20 mins, just like what this dude did with his ZST candy:

I soaked the faceplate on a nail polish remover for about 20 minutes or more, until you notice that the top coat layer is starting to chip-off when scratched.

lol I didn't use liquid paper eraser to write those, but I did use this silver paint and used toothpick to write on it. Kinda messy but the good thing is you can re-do everything by wiping off some nail polish remover.

But instead making the clear coat peeled off along with the logo, the nail polish just ruin the the ZST's shell, it weakened the plastic, changing it shape and made the pins (for securing to the front shell) chopped off instantly because it's too weak.

GpoH6YS.jpg

The clear coating not even lifted off completely. I don't even think a nail polish is strong enough to ruin a plastic, especially within 20 mins, so I'm not cautioned and leave it for 20 mins in the first place :^(

Lucky for me, my buddy still haven't throw away his broken ZST carbon so I asked him for a sparepart.

fff0dZO.jpg

Looks cooler TBH, especially with matching translucent tips from my Plextone X41M. It doesn't look like exclusively being sold at LGBT parade anymore :^)

That's said, lesson learned: don't soak plastics on nail polish remover and don't fully trust random poster.

Anyway, does anyone know whether the 2-pins male plug on KZ cable is removable and reusable? I'm thinking on making a blue braided copper cable with pins from my mate's ZST cable, but it looks like the pins plastic is molded on the cable itself? I hope not tho.

187637662_84a300ce-7e25-4704-ad9e-53e4efb0ba97_520_390.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #18,947 of 64,160
I screwed up.

I tried to erase the 'ZST' logo on my KZ ZST candy by soaking it in a nail polish remover for around 20 mins, just like what this dude did with his ZST candy:

But instead making the clear coat peeled off along with the logo, the nail polish just ruin the the ZST's shell, it weakened the plastic, changing it shape and made the pins (for securing to the front shell) chopped off instantly because it's too weak.

GpoH6YS.jpg

The clear coating not even lifted off completely. I don't even think a nail polish is strong enough to ruin a plastic, especially within 20 mins, so I'm not cautioned and leave it for 20 mins in the first place :^(

Lucky for me, my buddy still haven't throw away his broken ZST carbon so I asked him for a sparepart.

fff0dZO.jpg

Looks cooler TBH, especially with matching translucent tips from my Plextone X41M. It doesn't look like exclusively being sold at LGBT parade anymore :^)

That's said, lesson learned: don't soak plastics on nail polish remover and don't fully trust random poster.

Anyway, does anyone know whether the 2-pins male plug on KZ cable is removable and reusable? I'm thinking on making a blue braided copper cable with pins from my mate's ZST cable, but it looks like the pins plastic is molded on the cable itself? I hope not tho.

187637662_84a300ce-7e25-4704-ad9e-53e4efb0ba97_520_390.jpg
Breaking-Bad-bathtub-filled-with-acid.jpg

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #18,951 of 64,160
Jul 15, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #18,953 of 64,160
link?

The problem with buying another cable is that I'm in the US. I can get the non-mic version for $32 from Amazon. Adding a cable to a Gearbest or Ali order kills the pricing.

I got my silver cables from ebay for $4 shipped. You are talking about the genuine KZ branded ones and not a 3rd party one correct?

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #18,954 of 64,160
I'm not so sure about the ZS5 tho. All reviews indicate they are not a level above the ZS3 so why pay 3x more? (even though it's not big money)

I was simply pointing out that the recent prices from some retailers were steals as compared to the normal prices of the same items from other retailers.

It was not meant as a comparison between the ZS3 and X3 or between the ZS3 and ZS5.

Jul 15, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #18,955 of 64,160
https://www.amazon.com/KZ-ZS3-Upgra...=UTF8&qid=1500133420&sr=8-1&keywords=kz+cable
https://www.amazon.com/KZ-ZST-Upgra...=UTF8&qid=1500133420&sr=8-3&keywords=kz+cable

Does anyone know if these are the same cables? One is for ZS3/ZS5 while the other one is for ED12 and ZST. From what I know, don't they all have the same connector?

Those are the genuine KZ cables, but that price is gouge city.

While the cable material itself is identical, as is the 3.5mm plug, the 0.75mm 2-pin end is different between the 2 models (1 has a straight 2-pin plug and the other has a 90 degree 2-pin plug). Although either style will technically plug into all KZ 2-pin models, the problem is that using the wrong cable on the wrong IEM causes the cable to exit the IEM at a funny angle (which doesn't tuck behind your ear properly).

I've illustrated the difference here:

kz pins.png Screenshot 2017-03-17 at 11.32.47 PM - Edited.png

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #18,958 of 64,160
Don't care if they are branded or not. Just cheap.

Well, $4 shipped is about as cheap as you can get. That's what I paid, & I got the genuine KZ cables.

Jul 15, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #18,960 of 64,160
https://www.amazon.com/KZ-ZS3-Upgra...=UTF8&qid=1500133420&sr=8-1&keywords=kz+cable
https://www.amazon.com/KZ-ZST-Upgra...=UTF8&qid=1500133420&sr=8-3&keywords=kz+cable

Does anyone know if these are the same cables? One is for ZS3/ZS5 while the other one is for ED12 and ZST. From what I know, don't they all have the same connector?

If y
Sorry my bad

No worries :beerchug:. I know there was a lot of confusion about it early on, esp. since some of the early ZS3s used a thicker pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back