Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 2, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #18,031 of 63,980
I'm looking to buy my first KZ IEMs but I'm not sure which one. I mostly listen to power metal, prog metal, rock and classical. When I listen to music, I search for clarity and crispness. I'm not really a fan of bass-heavy sound but its good to have that sometimes. I love my Grado SR80 and ATH-M50.

The original ED3 (silver model) sounds like it would be right up your alley.

Edit: This one.

20170602_172517_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #18,033 of 63,980
I'm looking to buy my first KZ IEMs but I'm not sure which one. I mostly listen to power metal, prog metal, rock and classical. When I listen to music, I search for clarity and crispness. I'm not really a fan of bass-heavy sound but its good to have that sometimes. I love my Grado SR80 and ATH-M50.

You'd love the KZ ZST actually. It is what you described.

Me personally, I don't like having too much treble. So the KZ ED7 is the one for me. It has plenty of detail, it sounds balanced. But the treble is sort of rolled off (which I like) so some people find it dull.

Jun 3, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #18,035 of 63,980
You'd love the KZ ZST actually. It is what you described.

Me personally, I don't like having too much treble. So the KZ ED7 is the one for me. It has plenty of detail, it sounds balanced. But the treble is sort of rolled off (which I like) so some people find it dull.

I just bought the ED7 standard size a few nights ago. The bamboo I thought was very cool and unique looking. ED7 is supposed to sound somewhat like the ATR. :)

The next KZ iem on my radar to get besides the zs5 obviously is the original zs1. I guess I need to message sellers on eBay and AliExpress to find the old 2015 model that has the brass ring. But my buddy Scrambler I was reading his posts from a few months back in this thread describing the OG zs1s as the Lord of bass. Sounds like something I need as a basshead :)

Jun 3, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #18,037 of 63,980
What do you mean by this, that she's banned?

By the way, I had been waiting since 23.05 for my ZS5 to ship, and they finally did yesterday! Hoping the shipment is fast.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #18,039 of 63,980
The next KZ iem on my radar to get besides the zs5 obviously is the original zs1. I guess I need to message sellers on eBay and AliExpress to find the old 2015 model that has the brass ring. But my buddy Scrambler I was reading his posts from a few months back in this thread describing the OG zs1s as the Lord of bass. Sounds like something I need as a basshead :)

ZS1 rev 1 is my favorite KZ by far. If I had to get rid of all my other KZs and only keep 1, that would be it.

A few sellers still have them. Just gotta do the work by messaging the sellers. That's how I found my backup pair. Interestingly, I was accidentally sent the ZS1 rev 2 by one seller, and they sounded terrible in comparison.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #18,041 of 63,980
ZS1 rev 1 is my favorite KZ by far. If I had to get rid of all my other KZs and only keep 1, that would be it.

A few sellers still have them. Just gotta do the work by messaging the sellers. That's how I found my backup pair. Interestingly, I was accidentally sent the ZS1 rev 2 by one seller, and they sounded terrible in comparison.

The current version is the same as the ZN1 Mini but with the ZS1's cable setup. I found it a lot less bassy. More detailed, but also less refined. It lacks that silky smoothness of the original ZS1. Not bad but not as unique.

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #18,043 of 63,980
The current version is the same as the ZN1 Mini but with the ZS1's cable setup. I found it a lot less bassy. More detailed, but also less refined. It lacks that silky smoothness of the original ZS1. Not bad but not as unique.

Yeah, I always wondered why they released the ZN1 Mini & the ZS1 rev 2. Why not just 1 or the other?

I also liked the ZN1 (non-Mini), but mine crapped out after a few months, & when I tried to repair it the thing literally fell apart beyond all repair.

Anyone here ever try the ZS2? I always wondered what it was like, but never had the desire to try it out.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #18,044 of 63,980
Yeah, I always wondered why they released the ZN1 Mini & the ZS1 rev 2. Why not just 1 or the other?

I also liked the ZN1 (non-Mini), but mine crapped out after a few months, & when I tried to repair it the thing literally fell apart beyond all repair.

Anyone here ever try the ZS2? I always wondered what it was like, but never had the desire to try it out.

ZN1 Mini was more liked. I do think they are the better earphone on a technical level (better driver coherency, improved frequency balance, higher levels of detail and clarity), they just lack the excitement of the original ZS1. ZS2 is apparently the same as the current ZS1, just in blue. Can't verify that myself since I don't have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back