Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 28, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #16,291 of 63,836
Hey guys,
I am very new to this scene, recently ordered a Fiio x5iii and got the Meze 99 classics and the KZ ZS3 for sports.

Now I read about the zsr but it is really hard to find some real information.

Can someone please sum up what we know, where the info is from, are they announced, teased?

Or is it just rumors?

Thanks

It's looking more and more like the ZSR was just a rumor.

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #16,294 of 63,836
Ohhhlala, here we're talking about the LP3 that's the super old one, but KZ is actually coming out (soon) with the new LP3

http://kzyingyin.world.tmall.com

2nd picture on the scrolling banner 
Over-ear headphones with Bluetooth and also wired mode.  That's all the info from that picture that I can gather.

3rd picture on the scrolling banner indicates different plates for the ZST, seems it can be customized.  Not sure if you can specify your own picture or whether they will just provide alot of different versions...anyway it's also coming soon.

Still no news on ZSR...if it's coming soon like the other ones I assume they would've made a banner for it.

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #16,295 of 63,836
Mar 1, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #16,296 of 63,836
For KZ ZSR, last i talked to them on QQ they told me another 1 to 2 months more to expect. The prototype was made late last year they told me and so they're now in fine-tuning and production i guess. Well if there are brands like Trinity that can take months and months more after the expected date before releasing their product, i wouldn't be surprised at all for the ZSR wait.

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #16,297 of 63,836
  Found a Taobao page with more picks of the new headphones. Listed as LP6(?):
https://world.taobao.com/item/544558734315.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.ASdVdL#detail

They look really ugly IMO

Your link goes to a seller with typos (saying the ZST is the ED9).  I personally wouldn't buy anything from that seller.

My tmall link is the official KZ tmall store, so I would trust that a bit more.  Of course even tmall stores sometimes can have fakes, but these are monitored much more stringently than taobao stores.

That said, if the price is accurate (308 RMB/45 USD) and the sound quality is good, that's not too bad for over-ear BT headphones. The looks aren't TOO bad, I've seen alot worse.

Anyway, hope the ZSR does come to fruition and is launched soon!

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #16,299 of 63,836
  Your link goes to a seller with typos (saying the ZST is the ED9).  I personally wouldn't buy anything from that seller.

My tmall link is the official KZ tmall store, so I would trust that a bit more.  Of course even tmall stores sometimes can have fakes, but these are monitored much more stringently than taobao stores.

That said, if the price is accurate (308 RMB/45 USD) and the sound quality is good, that's not too bad for over-ear BT headphones. The looks aren't TOO bad, I've seen alot worse.

Anyway, hope the ZSR does come to fruition and is launched soon!

I'm well aware that your link goes to a more official source. I put the Taobao link up just for the extra pictures.

Looking forward to the ZSR as well. Curious as to how the 5-driver setup is implemented (2 DD + 3 BA or 1 DD + 4 BA?)

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #16,304 of 63,836
I got my ZS3s today and I love them so far. I prefer their sound signature to those of the more clear and more bright ZSTs and I think these are going to be my daily drivers. They are also very comfortable in my ear canal. However, I am having a hard time getting used to the cable weirdly sticking out around my ear.It is also bothering me whenever I remove and put on my glasses back. 

Are there any other replacement cables with mic that I can use with the ZS3s? Also, if I cut off the metal part that goes around the cable, will I be able to use the cable around my ears normally?

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #16,305 of 63,836
  I got my ZS3s today and I love them so far. I prefer their sound signature to those of the more clear and more bright ZSTs and I think these are going to be my daily drivers. They are also very comfortable in my ear canal. However, I am having a hard time getting used to the cable weirdly sticking out around my ear.It is also bothering me whenever I remove and put on my glasses back. 

Are there any other replacement cables with mic that I can use with the ZS3s? Also, if I cut off the metal part that goes around the cable, will I be able to use the cable around my ears normally?

Yes, you can cut off the metal part and the cable will work.  It's just a piece of bendy metal wire that's next to the main wire, then wrapped in a tubing.  Cut the tubing carefully then snip off the metal wire.

I don't think there are any replacement cables made by anyone else besides KZ.  If you need the mic, the stock cable w/mic is the only choice you have.
While the pins are standard UE 0.75mm pins, the housing unfortunately is KZ specific (and even earbud specific, as the ZST cable won't work on ZS3).  Here's hoping the ZSR (and other future KZ earbuds) use MMCX standard connectors...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back