knife-fi?
Oct 16, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #1,366 of 2,251
Jaguar Balisongs are nice too considered by youtube: Cutlerylover and recommended as a great budget Balisong.

but unfortunately Jaguar's are getting rare, as opposed to the Serrated jag.. because not too many people like serrated's

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #1,368 of 2,251
Oct 17, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #1,369 of 2,251
The cable biz must be treating you well
beerchug.gif

Too bad you couldn't invest in a better phone to go with all that stuff
devil_face.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #1,370 of 2,251
The cable biz must be treating you well 
beerchug.gif

Too bad you couldn't invest in a better phone to go with all that stuff 
devil_face.gif

It's like $1200.. thats nothing. I don't drive, I use public transportation, and prior to cables I sorta lived off my girlfriend at the time... sooooo yeah LOL.

I was on the way to a knife show in the south bay area that weekend, and "cash is king" so if you don't have cash, you ain't buying it!

Here's some more stuff alongside the chain I wear.

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #1,371 of 2,251
Got myself my first proper knife, a cheap and useable Byrd Crow plain edge. Love the G-10 grip and the opening speed. It seems a lot faster than my friend's slippery assisted Benchmade. Plenty of cables and boxes awaits it, along with my kitchen.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #1,373 of 2,251
Geez is this thread still going? 
eek.gif

wink.gif

I got myself a piece from Blind Horse Knives a few months ago. 
The woodcrafter made for the canteenshop.
Always wanted a full scandi blade and im verry happy 
biggrin.gif

Really love this knife, holds and works great. The scales are a real winner and the grind works perfect in the woods.
Its already taking the place of my ESEE-4 as my favorite workhorse.
Gonna force a patina on it sooner or later, i dont have a lot of time to play it as of late an forgot to wipe it with tufcloth....... Rust al over it 
mad.gif
. Nothing that some WD40, abrassive pads and a bit of elbow grease couldnt handle but still.

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #1,374 of 2,251
I really love Benchmade knives.  I have three of their models, the Barrage AXIS-ASSIST (big version), Mini-Pika II (i know, probably their worst model, but it makes a good beater for $20), and the NimCub II.  I also have a Ka-Bar Becker Campanion, and a Leatherman Skeletool CX. (so much 154CM, I know, I should try new steels.)  I really want to get a Spyderco folder.  One thing I can say is that I recommend VERY highly the Becker, and the NimCub II.  They are both great values and great knives.  And they both have great sheaths that come with them.  I also love my Spyderco Sharpmaker (I was never that great at doing it the real way.)

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #1,375 of 2,251
Quote:
Got myself my first proper knife, a cheap and useable Byrd Crow plain edge. Love the G-10 grip and the opening speed. It seems a lot faster than my friend's slippery assisted Benchmade. Plenty of cables and boxes awaits it, along with my kitchen.

One thing:  be careful using it in the kitchen.  Make sure to oil it after each use, and make sure no gunk gets stuck in the mechanism or you might have some serious rust issues.  Kitchen knives are usually made with VERY stain-resistant steels, and 8CR13MoV is not one of them, but with proper care, it can still be used.
Edit: The reason you have to be more careful is that many foods are slightly acidic which can rust the crap out of your knives.

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #1,376 of 2,251
Quote:
I got myself a piece from Blind Horse Knives a few months ago. 
The woodcrafter made for the canteenshop.
Always wanted a full scandi blade and im verry happy 
biggrin.gif

Oh that's nice. I've got a few of theirs on my wishlist now... Had never heard of them before, but am glad to have. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #1,377 of 2,251
How cool. Just found this thread and its odd because I wondered how many guys like me are into headphones/music listening and knives. Its real late so I won't be adding photos but my small collection so far is: Folders- Spyderco Military Black G10 w/ S30V, Spyderco LumTanto grey G10 scales VG10, TOPS Thunder Hawke (by Fox Italy) Ti frame lock with Bohler N690Co, Benchmade LFTi (Lum design) Ti framelock with awesome M4 steel and lastly a Fox folding Karambit w/ Bohler N690.
Fixed- TOPS Border Crossing 154cm, Beautiful Randal King Desert Enforcer tanto w/ S30V and my favorite, a ScrapYard 711 w/ Sr101.
I'm really looking forward to getting my Spyderco Street Beat! Hoping to make it my first fixed EDC. 
Good night.

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #1,378 of 2,251
Screw sissy combat knives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9SCFMoA8n8

Nothing says GTF away from my stuff quite like this knife. (ignore the kind of obnoxious girl. I wanted to link a picture, but all of the pics online made the knife less sinister :cool: )

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #1,379 of 2,251
I like Shun knives... my favorite Santoku and utility knife on my chopping block are Shun classics. Not sure I would ever have use for that particular profile.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #1,380 of 2,251
Quote:
I really love Benchmade knives.  I have three of their models, the Barrage AXIS-ASSIST (big version), Mini-Pika II (i know, probably their worst model, but it makes a good beater for $20), and the NimCub II.  I also have a Ka-Bar Becker Campanion, and a Leatherman Skeletool CX. (so much 154CM, I know, I should try new steels.)  I really want to get a Spyderco folder.  One thing I can say is that I recommend VERY highly the Becker, and the NimCub II.  They are both great values and great knives.  And they both have great sheaths that come with them.  I also love my Spyderco Sharpmaker (I was never that great at doing it the real way.)

I have a mini-barrage, and I'm quite fond of it. It's perfect for an EDC knife, although it terrifies me to think of losing such a nice knife. It's sturdy, sharp, quick, and not too obnoxious looking to have in my pocket as I'm out and about. It's good to have a knife you can use to open a letter without getting the cops called on you or scaring some little old lady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back