Klipsch x10 vs Ue Triple Fi 10???
May 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

sneaglebob

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, my klipsch s4 broke down and I am currently seeking a replacement and I have had a bad experience with the s4 as they are extremely sibilant and made my ears hurt occasionaly. I am looking at these 2 since I want to know if there is a difference between how a BA driver and a dynamic driver sounds like.

I am looking for 

Bass impact and quality

Non sibilant and very clear highs

Durable cable as my klipsch s4 lasted only 5 months and the strain thing at the jack sPlit

May 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 24
I'd definitely pick the TF 10 based on sound alone. If you can find a set of tf10s in the low 100s, then they will definitely fit perfectly into what you described. Again, I would suggest you read the other reviews of each and judge, but I've owned both pairs and was completely sold on the Tf10s. Plus, you get removable cables (solving the cable problem), and can reshell these into a custom if comfort becomes a serious issue. 

But that's not to say that the X10's are lacking in every department compared to the TFs, comfort/isolation wise, the X10s win hands down. But according to the list that you provided for what you are looking for, that's the TF 10s

May 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 24
Quote:
I'd definitely pick the TF 10 based on sound alone. If you can find a set of tf10s in the low 100s, then they will definitely fit perfectly into what you described. Again, I would suggest you read the other reviews of each and judge, but I've owned both pairs and was completely sold on the Tf10s. Plus, you get removable cables (solving the cable problem), and can reshell these into a custom if comfort becomes a serious issue. 

But that's not to say that the X10's are lacking in every department compared to the TFs, comfort/isolation wise, the X10s win hands down. But according to the list that you provided for what you are looking for, that's the TF 10s

Which one is bassier? I enjoyed the plentiful bass of the s4 and i want to know which one will suit me well for it

May 6, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 24
The TF10Pro has more punchy bass but X10i bass is smoother, deeper and amount is amazing for it's size. Both are really good what they offers but one is smaller and other is quite big(stick out of ear).

May 6, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #6 of 24
If your worried about durability then pretty much forget the x10i's sadly, unless it's a bargain price!

May 6, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #8 of 24
The klipsch x10's are a great pair of IEM's, but they don't even come close to TF10's. Heck, their not even in the same tier and comparing 1 micro dynamic driver against 3 BA's is not very fair. The x10's were never designed for sound quality alone, rather they focus more on being small, discreet and great sounding. The TF10's have really good bass, with immense resolution and endless extension. They are a tiny bit sibilant though. Build quality wise the x10's feel quite flimsy, although I haven't owned a pair, I have auditioned one. The TF10's definitely feel more solid though, and mine have yet to break.

May 6, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:
The klipsch x10's are a great pair of IEM's, but they don't even come close to TF10's. Heck, their not even in the same tier and comparing 1 micro dynamic driver against 3 BA's is not very fair. The x10's were never designed for sound quality alone, rather they focus more on being small, discreet and great sounding. The TF10's have really good bass, with immense resolution and endless extension. They are a tiny bit sibilant though. Build quality wise the x10's feel quite flimsy, although I haven't owned a pair, I have auditioned one. The TF10's definitely feel more solid though, and mine have yet to break.

The Klipsch X10s are balanced armature. There is probably no way a dynamic driver that small would be able to produce any frequencies below triple digits. That being said, I owned X10s for a few months and they did feel pretty flimsy - skinny cable, strain reliefs didn't seem very beefy. I sold them on eBay for profit, so whatever :D

May 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:
Hello everyone, my klipsch s4 broke down and I am currently seeking a replacement and I have had a bad experience with the s4 as they are extremely sibilant and made my ears hurt occasionaly. I am looking at these 2 since I want to know if there is a difference between how a BA driver and a dynamic driver sounds like.

I am looking for 

Bass impact and quality

Non sibilant and very clear highs

Durable cable as my klipsch s4 lasted only 5 months and the strain thing at the jack sPlit

Sounds like the Klipsch X10. However, the cable is the same material as the Klipsch S4 and won't be as durable as the TF10. 

May 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #11 of 24
tf10
cool.gif

May 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Will the X10 sound better than the S4 though? And how sibilant will the UE TF10 sound compared to the S4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back