Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10?
Nov 30, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #151 of 211
If anybody complaining about "lack" of bass in tfi10's try the foam tips. It makes a world difference. It actually makes the phones completely something else.

I prefer the "lack" of bass version of the tfi10's so far (a few hours of listening), these bring amazing sound for rock music, and it will be my to go phones for rock, metal and hard rock. I am listening to GNR record "Chinese Democracy" right now, and it is the first time I heard Axl's voice this clear. Amazing. The bass is there, but not boomy, just like how it is supposed to be for rock music. For boomy and deeper bass try the foam tips, makes a day-night difference.

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #153 of 211
I bought both the X10 and the TF10. The X10 was the worst sounding thing I have ever heard out of the box. It took me a while to realize it was because the right ear was barely producing and sound. There goes my credibility for being and audiophile. Its a good thing Amazon's return policy is top notch. The TF10s were refreshing because I've been listening to my Re0s and CK10s so much I forgot what bass sounded like. TF10s definitely the an amazing all arounder.

I threw some Olives after seeing the long shaft and the isolation was Ety-like. As for the sound, it sounded a little distorted...at least from one ear.  Guess I'll try again in a week with my new pair.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #154 of 211

Quote:
So the x10s are good for pop for you? I have them and i'm still trying to figure out if i want to return them or not! I mean, i'm young, so listen to ALOT of like pop and bass and all.. also some hardcore metal... So is it just because my pair is still too new or something? I've had em for about 2 days.... i have a good seal and all? Whats the problem?

You sure you're getting a good seal? Cause the X10 had plenty of bass IMO. It may be that the bass is more characteristic of a BA rather than a dynamic and doesn't sound the same. Uh maybe return these and get yourself some Fischer Audio Eternas? Those supposedly have ridic amounts of bass while being popular among audiophiles.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #155 of 211
I would suggest you try the Monster Supertips using the included sleeve adapter.  I got the X10's in the Amazon deal and have been playing around with them since Monday.  The stock tips did not seal well in my right ear.  I then tried using the Monster gel tips and noticed much improved isolation and improved bass over the stock tips.  Today, I tried the Monster foam tips and the bass is substantially enhanced.  So much so that I think I prefer the gel tips.  I think better tips will make a world of difference in your experience of the X10.

I also own (among many others) the TF10 and the S4.  If you like the S4 sound signature, I have found few other IEM's that do that signature as well.  The X10 sounds much more pleasing to me listening to lossless jazz files than the S4 which simply does not have the clarity or resolution of the X10.  The X10 seems to do horns extremely well.  For headbanging mp3's, the S4 may be a better choice since I find them forgiving of bad recordings/encodings and to put out plenty of booming bass once you get a good seal.  I personally think the S4 is a great value and there is nothing I have tried around its price point which comes close as a good all around IEM.  I should also mention that I have had no trouble with the S4 cable in over 2 years despite its delicate appearance.

Another IEM you might like is the Brainwavz M2.  I have a pair of those I use to listen to mp3 files when working out.  If anything, I find the Brainwavz to have more bass than the S4.  I think the S4 is better sounding than the M2 because the treble is more present and clearer but for someone who wants the bass to be pushing air out of his nose, the M2 might be just the ticket.

From what you have written, I don't think you would have liked the TF10 very much.  First, getting the TF10 to seal and stay is a labor of love and I don't think they would fit the average 13 year old very well.  I have long suspected that the ergonomic design models for the TF10 were either Vulcans or oversized elves.  They simply torture a normally shaped ear.  I did finally figure it out by doing the left/right swap and finding the right tips after about a month of effort.  The result was worth the effort, however, as the TF10 has a soundstage larger than any other IEM I have tried and great clarity in the mids and above.  I think the bass is adequate and can be substantial depending on the music.  I would say that the TF10 is the "best" sounding IEM I have owned but I never listen to anything but lossless files with them and usually only music for which detail and clarity truly matter.  That said, they are clearly not for everyone nor for every application.  I don't think you should feel badly about picking the X10 over the TF10.

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #156 of 211
Here's my situation, I would appreciate hearing some feedback on what I should do:

I bought the X10 friday, and I didn't receive them yet since I live in Canada and I choosed regular shipping. I should have them by next wednesday. Since I bought these, I've been reading many reviews and impressions on both the X10 and TF10. I actually wanted to buy the tf10 friday (I tried to), but they wouldn't ship to Canada. I checked back and now, at their regular price on amazon.com, they do ship to Canada. 

I listen to EDM (electronic music) only, and I heard that the TF10 are simply amazing for EDM. To be more specific, my favourite genres are Trance, Drum & Bass and Dubstep. The reviews on the X10 appear to be extremely mixed, which makes me kinda regret my decision to buy them. I'm thinking maybe I could return them, and then order the TF10 from amazon at their regular price (163$ right now, paying 63$ more isn't a big issue for me if the upgrade really is worth it). The only IEMs/Headphones I own are from Klipsch (Image S4 & Image One). I also tried Dr. dre in-ear and beats full-size headphones, along with some other cheap headphones some of my friends own. I really wanted to try out something different, something less commercial but I simply couldn't pass on that X10 deal and bought them. Considering I've only heard commercial IEMs in my life, I really don't know if I should return the X10 and buy the TF10. I'll decide when I'll try out my X10's, but I would greatly appreciate if you guys could share you opinions on what I should do. Also, the Image S4 are very comfy for me with the medium tips, and since the X10 use the same tips but are lighter, I'm sure they'll be very comfy for me. Is there any of you guys who tried both the X10 and TF10 and could comment on TF10's comfort?

Also, if I return my X10 to amazon, I guess I would have to pay shipping to return them? (considering I allready paid 10$, I'm not sure if it would be worth paying another 10$ to return them, and then another 10$ to ship the TF10)

Finally, I listen to music for many hours a day and owning a decent pair of IEMs is very important to me. Sorry for the length of my post and the grammar errors (english isn't my first language, so I'm doing my best there :p).

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #157 of 211
Poak,

Given your preferred genres, I feel the sound signature of the TF10s are right in your wheelhouse. They are like an IEM version of Ultrasones, in that they have a V-shaped frequency curve, some nice meaty bass and sharp treble that almost borders on metallic. I can't imagine you'd be disappointed in them for your genres. If I was in your position, and the TF10s were going to be my main method of listening to music, I'd cough up the extra $63 for the TF10s. 

Regarding the comfort, it's really a personal thing. I like that they ride over your ear, so that the weight of them is distributed on the top of your ear. It gives them a better fit as well. However, the nozzle is so big for them, that my ear canal literally gets sore after about 20 minutes. It's fairly bad (but not a dealbreaker) with the rubber tips, and only *slightly* discomforting with the Comply tips. I can imagine if you were to invest another $120 or so for a custom re-shell, these would be a very nice set that should last you a long time. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #158 of 211
From what I remember amazon should only be like 3 bucks to return those. You can see by getting on your account an acting like you want to return them. Also, don't look at Amazons new price look at other sellers because they are reselling them for much less. You could also sell your pair on there for about what you paid. Might be worth looking into. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #161 of 211
Hey Poak edm is all I listen to as well (techno, house, trance and some styles of bass music) and I can tell you that the TF10's are by far the best IEM's I've ever heard for that.  I went back and listened to older mixed comps and the TF10's made them sound so fresh it was like hearing them for the first time again.  So imo you should return the X10's and definitely get the TF10's without a doubt.

Dec 1, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #162 of 211
I actually changed my tips to a larger size(double flange) and i actually am starting to hear a difference in bass. What ear tips can you recommend to enhance the bass? just not the Comply foam tips b/c i had a pair and got diminished under a week

Quote:

You sure you're getting a good seal? Cause the X10 had plenty of bass IMO. It may be that the bass is more characteristic of a BA rather than a dynamic and doesn't sound the same. Uh maybe return these and get yourself some Fischer Audio Eternas? Those supposedly have ridic amounts of bass while being popular among audiophiles.

Dec 1, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #163 of 211

I just got my X10 today. They are indeed very nice for $95, but I doubt I will be paying their regular ~$150-180 market value for them.
I own a few decent IEM's so I'll rank them in decreasing order

UE700: By far my favorite pair of headphones. Not the my best pair SQ wise, but the sound is so full, lush and warm.
>
TF10: I personally think it sounds similar to UE700, except the soundstage is just substantially bigger. Fit/bulk is straight up garbage.
>=
X10: Layering and detail on this is amazing. Bass is booming compared to UE700 and TF10
>>>
Mee A151: The darker aramature version of CC51. What makes this so much worse than higher tier armature is its lack of crispness and separation between frequencies.
>=
Mee CC51: So warm and smooth, can sound somewhat bloated and muddy.

Ofc I have a bunch of M6, M9, Marshmallow, $10 Sony/Samsung Stock/JVC. They really shouldn't be considered earphones. Can't really listen to anything below a CC51/A151 nowadays.
Overally, I'm happy with the $95 I paid for X10, but if I had $100 to spend, I'll buy another pair of UE700 (constantly on sale for around $100 from UE).

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #164 of 211
I too have the UE700, TF10, and X10.

UE700 (1+ yr) - Definitely my favorite pair.  Extremely comfortable and SQ is not far from TF10.  Cord is thin but holding up well with zero microphonics, I love it.

TF10 (1+ yr) - In terms of SQ, it is hands down the best IEM I've heard.  Tricky to get seal and more effort to wear.  Cord is annoyingly stiff with microphonics.

X10 (3 days) - The most comfortable earphones ever. Period.  Unfortunately, I am not a big fan of the sound signature.  Mids doesn't sound right to me, and treble is a bit off too.  Thin sounding compared to TF10 and not as musical.  However, it definitely has one of the best bass performance around.

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #165 of 211

Quote:
Hey Poak edm is all I listen to as well (techno, house, trance and some styles of bass music) and I can tell you that the TF10's are by far the best IEM's I've ever heard for that.  I went back and listened to older mixed comps and the TF10's made them sound so fresh it was like hearing them for the first time again.  So imo you should return the X10's and definitely get the TF10's without a doubt.

i dont agree...i listen to the same music and they DID NOT satisfy me...the bass was too light compared to other iems...miles davis were mucccchhh better for edm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back