Klipsch sale @ half price
Nov 21, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #77 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am interested too. I've seen Amazon.com reviews from owners of both, who like both. But they have a very different sound sig, from what I gather. Mine (Custom 3s) are on the way, and at $150, a great price. .

The half price deal did it for me too.

I've been lurking around here for over a year without buying anything new and then I see this the other day. I've been using my trusty Ety ER6 and IM716's when I need some isolation but have always wanted something a little fuller, warmer sounding without sacrificing the detail. The problem is I could never justify $300 or more for something to fill this void.

I'm still a little reserve about the purchase since there seems to be very little here in the forum about them either positive or negative. Search as I did I could find nothing that would lead me to believe these IEM's wouldn't hold there own at this new price point. Mine should be here Monday or Tuesday just in time for a flight to Indy to test them out.
beerchug.gif

Please post your thoughts back after your's arrive. I think there will be a few people interested in hearing a little more about these.

Thanks to Klipsch for the opportunity to own a set of these at a great price and to the forum for bringing it to my attention.

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #79 of 159
I'm glad I took the X10 over the Custom 3. The sound is warm, yet still crisp, and it isn't fatiguing. The headphones themselves are comfortable, and the isolation isn't perfect, but still decent.

I'm still going to need a week or so to really see how these perform across a wider variety of music.

Nov 21, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #80 of 159
I can't find the "add to cart" or "buy" button? Is it because I'm online in the EU? I'm an American, darn it! And I live in Indianapolis. I just happen to be in Spain right now. And I want to buy these!

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #82 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't find the "add to cart" or "buy" button? Is it because I'm online in the EU? I'm an American, darn it! And I live in Indianapolis. I just happen to be in Spain right now. And I want to buy these!

Yes, if you are on a computer with an IP outside the US, the store is not visible for you--this is largely due to problems with fraud that we've had from overseas computers.

You can call to order at 800-554-7724 or 317-860-8100 and ask for "ProMedia" customer service (8-6pm ET M-F).

Thanks!

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #83 of 159
will the X10's be in stock until 11/30?? There are just so many people buying them! And I'm actually looking for a serious answer!

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #84 of 159
just ordered the Custom 3's, Fedex overnite. Reviews to come! Thx for the hookup!

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #85 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x5 or x10 for me? I want something euphonic and fun sounding. NOT fatiguing. Otherwise I can use my UE-10. This would be my subway IEM.

I think you'll really like the X10. Euphoric... that's actually a good word to describe them. They are transparent, non-fatiguing and very fun. In many ways I actually find them more comfortable than my UE-10s.

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #86 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoPhil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you'll really like the X10. Euphoric... that's actually a good word to describe them. They are transparent, non-fatiguing and very fun. In many ways I actually find them more comfortable than my UE-10s.

Cool, thanks for the info. They sound like a good complement to the UE-10. Exactly what I'm looking for.

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #87 of 159
I just pulled the trigger on the X10. We can not deny this is a great deal.
Because of the economy, will we see more of these types of deals?

One thing I noticed was, the deal does not apply to the lower end phones.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #89 of 159
I just bought the x10 and hope I made a good choice. I was trying to read reviews between the x10, x5, and custom 3's. The only other in ear ones I have had were jvc marshmallows and skullcandy ink'd, which I am sure these will be an improvement. The most I had spent on headphones before was $130 for Sennheiser HD580, so I am a little nervous spending this much on a pair, but figure that I will not be able to buy top end at this price.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #90 of 159
You made a good choice. Just make sure you try all the sleeves that come with the X10s, and if none of those fit well (which would be unusual), some folks have had success with Comply foamies (the small ones, T100s), though that means spending more money. I use the larger bi-flanges and they sound great to me. As you no doubt read on other threads, I own both the Custom 3s and the X10s, and if I had to choose, I'd pick the X10s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back