Klipsch S4 vs. S4i: Any audible difference?
Jan 13, 2010 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LeftFrank

New Head-Fier
Hello good people of Head-Fi.
This is my first post after doing much (as in lots of) reading here.

I've changed my mind several times as to which will be my first in-ear phones, to go with my new 160gb ipod classic. (Coming from a Sennheiser MX500 through a Creative Zen, that I will continue to use at the gym).

I've decided at this point to give the Klipsch S4i a try. Listen to mostly Classic- and acoustic-based Rock and solo acoustic guitar.

Having an inline volume control is a criteria for me and Klipsch has confirmed that the S4i does indeed control the volume of the new 160gb classic. (By the way, can any of you confirm that?)

However, I read one single consumer review that said that having listened to both the S4 and S4i, he heard an audible difference between the two, with the S4i having much lower audio quality. I know these are the same phones except for the inline control, but I suppose its possible that the control might interfere with the sound passing through them.

Any insights/experiences with this issue?

Thanks much, Frank

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 3
There's absolutely no difference, which was stated many times here. Just search and you will find more for sure
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back