Klipsch S4 VS Head Direct Re0 (Hip-Hop)
Sep 8, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #16 of 42
Brainwavz M3...outstanding and for 90USD they are within your budget.  Stay away from the S4...3 years ago, it was okay for the price, now it's severely overrated and has been surpassed by headphones in the 50 dollar range even.

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #17 of 42

Quote:
Know what you mean Broly!  Folk on the forum cant make the call for you in the end (as Ive found out!) so try match a pair of IEMs as close to your tastes as pos and just go for it.  To be fair, I think the S4s would probably do the trick for your type of music.  I loved mine to begin with but over time find the sound tiring and not to my tastes - my music is typical more electro/indie sort of stuff from the 80s through to present.  not easy picking though!

Haha that's true, I've been looking at the S4's for a while. My only concern is the build quality. I've had a TERRIBLE experience with the headphones I've had.

I used to have the original Bose in-ears a few years back and they broke 4 times (the same way each time, right earphone died) so then I bought CX400s, which broke twice.

Then my Bose IE2s broke just last week :frowning2: 

So my question is, have you had any problems with the S4s in terms of build quality?

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #18 of 42

Quote:
Brainwavz M3...outstanding and for 90USD they are within your budget.  Stay away from the S4...3 years ago, it was okay for the price, now it's severely overrated and has been surpassed by headphones in the 50 dollar range even.

They look pretty awesome too lol. As soon as someone posts a new pair, I start reconsidering 
confused_face.gif

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #21 of 42

Quote:
Haha that's true, I've been looking at the S4's for a while. My only concern is the build quality. I've had a TERRIBLE experience with the headphones I've had.

I used to have the original Bose in-ears a few years back and they broke 4 times (the same way each time, right earphone died) so then I bought CX400s, which broke twice.

Then my Bose IE2s broke just last week :frowning2: 

So my question is, have you had any problems with the S4s in terms of build quality?

No serious issues but I think they somethings just around the corner.  The cable is very thin and the build doesn't fill you with confidence.  But they are very light and with comply foam tips provide an excellent seal with top isolation.

Im not particularly careful with them but not rough at all.  The left ear is starting to get the occasional slight crackle which disappears if I wiggle the cable a bit and with past experience that means a failure is round on the horizon.  Heard klipsch are good at replacing/repairing under warranty which these are but that's not really the point and it's a hassle you'd rather do without.

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #22 of 42

Quote:
I can't find the M3s anywhere, not one site has them in stock in the UK and they were removed from some other sites too.

Can't find the RE0 either.

It appears the M3s are on their second run...meaning they are being manufactured now.  Even directly from MP4Nation.net it says they are expected in the first two weeks of this month, so anytime now!

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/brainwavz-m3-iem-earphones-preorder-p-444.html

Can always just preorder from them and get them shipped directly to you.  Good company to purchase from.

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #23 of 42
There's the Klipsch S5 which are the rugged version of the S4 going for 80 quid if you want build quality. I think the S4 has slightly better build quality than the CX400 FWIW. The S4 is the safest bet for a casual listener (it's hard to dislike its sound)... but as suggested by many other members, there are more balanced and accurate IEMs out there though it will take a while to get used to them.

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #24 of 42

Quote:
No serious issues but I think they somethings just around the corner.  The cable is very thin and the build doesn't fill you with confidence.  But they are very light and with comply foam tips provide an excellent seal with top isolation.

Im not particularly careful with them but not rough at all.  The left ear is starting to get the occasional slight crackle which disappears if I wiggle the cable a bit and with past experience that means a failure is round on the horizon.  Heard klipsch are good at replacing/repairing under warranty which these are but that's not really the point and it's a hassle you'd rather do without.

Ah right, not sure about those then :/

What about these http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/-/3177/2444/-/18852680/Shure-SE102-Sound-Isolating-Earphones/Product.html?ob=3&cpage=3

Sep 8, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #25 of 42

Quote:

It appears the M3s are on their second run...meaning they are being manufactured now.  Even directly from MP4Nation.net it says they are expected in the first two weeks of this month, so anytime now!

http://mp4nation.net/catalog/brainwavz-m3-iem-earphones-preorder-p-444.html

Can always just preorder from them and get them shipped directly to you.  Good company to purchase from.

Thanks I'll keep these in mind in future. Thing is I would like the headphones by next week!

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #29 of 42
Spend the money and get the Atrio M8 and be done with it. Really nothing can touch it's bass, and the mids and highs are surprisingly competent also. I previously purchased every cheap earphone, but after adding up the price of 5 substandard earphones it was actually cheaper to
just get one or 2 really good ones and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back