Klipsch S4 VS Head Direct Re0 (Hip-Hop)
Sep 8, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 42
Personally i think that the best bang for the buck IEM on the market right now is the Hifiman RE-262. It costs about 90 pounds brand new, but you can definitely find a used pair much cheaper. Two things i would like to mention about RE-262. It is a little bit difficult to drive, so an iPhone wouldn't do it. The bass is a little light, so stay away if you like heavy bass. :)

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #9 of 42
there was a huge TF10 sale on Amazon at the end of last year. that's why there are quite a lot TF10 being traded. A lot of ppl jumped on the deal just so they could sell or trade it off later.

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #11 of 42

Quote:
The TF10 sale was limited to US and wasn't available in UK.

Anyway for the OP, I'd recommend the Klipsch S4 if you're looking to buy brand new from a retailer (just under 60 quid on Amazon). It's decent and has plenty of bass for the genre you listen to.

They look great thanks! ATM those are the ones I'm considering most. I already have over ear headphones for when I want to listen at home or something but I also wanted some for casual use at college or something.

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #12 of 42

Quote:
They look great thanks! ATM those are the ones I'm considering most. I already have over ear headphones for when I want to listen at home or something but I also wanted some for casual use at college or something.

I have owned the S4s since about Christmas.  I don't like them.  Or, more accurately, I dont like them if I dont fart about with EQ settings and the like for various genres and songs.  If you're not careful with them the bass is just too overpowering and muddy for my liking.  If you're happy to EQ them then they can sound quite enjoyable.  I'm just one of those hi-fiers who frown upon using EQ for some illogical reason!  Many seem to like the S4s but quite a few aren't fans.

I have been looking extensively in a similar price range and think I'd be happy with RE0s.  Sure they might lack in bass but I prefer clarity and accuracy.  havent heard them but might give them a go.  But, Im swaying on spending my budget on Sennheiser HD25's (long story I wont go into regarding budget and needs)

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #15 of 42
Know what you mean Broly!  Folk on the forum cant make the call for you in the end (as Ive found out!) so try match a pair of IEMs as close to your tastes as pos and just go for it.  To be fair, I think the S4s would probably do the trick for your type of music.  I loved mine to begin with but over time find the sound tiring and not to my tastes - my music is typical more electro/indie sort of stuff from the 80s through to present.  not easy picking though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back