Klipsch ProMedia IEM = S4/S4i for half the price. Initial impressions inside.
Feb 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #17 of 21
The MSRP for the promedia is higher because it has a mic.  The S4i has a mic+remote.  Basically they added on $10 for each feature.

I haven't tested my pro media with a phone yet, but its obvious that it was designed for computer use because of the adapter that splits the 3-way mini jack into separate mic and stereo audio mini jacks.  Also, there is no right angle plugs to make it easier to plug into a computer which may have other ports next to the audio ports.  

My ProMedia does work fine as a standard headphone from my J3 using the mic+stereo combo mini plug.  By memory, the sound quality is exactly the same as the S4.  

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #18 of 21
Just got these a week or two ago.. haven't had a chance to do a good break-in yet, but i love them even without it. as for the android thing, i have a samsung galaxy s vibrant and it works fine with mine. my only complaint is the fact that it doesnt come with the 90 degree adapter too.. that would've been really nice.

May 8, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
I also recently got it from the tigerdirect deal in ebay.  for 40 hope it is worth it. 

if it is indeed the same driver as the s4, it's worth it.

Sep 9, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #21 of 21
I've had three pairs now... hahah so bad.

But they've all been good! First one was stolen, and I snapped the cord on the second one. But the third pair is going strong!

I still think they're the best for the money, since for me an inline remote is essential. Also the fit is among the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back