Klipsch Image X10's SUCK.
Aug 28, 2013 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

thisissomebs

100+ Head-Fier
I'm so ******* pissed off right now.

First off these are the pair that I bought...

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-X10-Noise-Isolating-Earphone/dp/B000WAHFBK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

These sound like garbage.

Honestly I found the right buds that fit my ears and everything and these pieces of garbage sound like any ordinary Skullycandy earbuds you could get at the gas station...

The sound is distorted, the bass is weak, and it's just terrible.

I remember owning a pair of Klipsch S4's like 2 years back and every song I listened to sounded like something entirely new, the sound was beautiful and now I'm listening to something that's supposed to be like 5x better and they're 10x worse.

I feel I received a knock off pair OR these earphones just plain blow.

Seriously what the ****?

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 13
Maybe the Skull's are stepping up their game?

I demoed one of my bro-in-law's X10s... I thought it's a decent sounding IEM (to me it sounded flat from bass to mids, with higher treble roll off), but it just needs removable cable.

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 13
If you purchased from a third-party vendor (even if fulfilled by Amazon) rather than from Amazon directly, there is a chance you could have gotten fakes. Not saying that you did, but it's entirely possible considering fakes of this particular IEM do exist.

If you did indeed purchase from Amazon directly, then it could be defective, but probably not fake. Either way, you should be able to return them to Amazon quite easily.

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 13
There seemingly are fakes out there...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/638819/attention-fake-klipsch-image-x10

^ beat me by like 25 seconds
smile.gif

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 13
From my memory, they were elevated at the bass, which is the opposite from weak bass. It sounded pretty decent from memory. Maybe do a google on how to spot counterfeit x10 and compare yours.

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #6 of 13
Man I wish you people could listen to these.

They honestly remind me of the earphones that come with the iPod.

I'm returning them ASAP and getting something legit...

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
Man I wish you people could listen to these.

They honestly remind me of the earphones that come with the iPod.

I'm returning them ASAP and getting something legit...

You either got fakes or defectives as everyone else said in this thread. Do not buy from unauthorized dealers, particularly on Amazon. You will very much love a legitimate X10i.

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #8 of 13
Just get from Amazon Prime or Fullfillment by Amazon and you will be fine.

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
Just get from Amazon Prime or Fullfillment by Amazon and you will be fine.

Third parties can also get on Amazon Prime, and if it's Fulfillment by Amazon, it's guaranteed to come from a third party.  The link he supplied gives no real Amazon.com LLC link, more likely than not, he got a fake. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Third parties can also get on Amazon Prime, and if it's Fulfillment by Amazon, it's guaranteed to come from a third party.  The link he supplied gives no real Amazon.com LLC link, more likely than not, he got a fake. 

Yeah I do think he got a fake, as the X10 is no way sounds that bad.

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
Fullfillment by Amazon means 3rd parties are using Amazon's own stock, so there will but no fake stuff.  But yeah I do think he got a fake, as the X10 is no way sounds that bad.

Fulfillment by Amazon from 3rd party means 3rd party sent in their stock for amazon to ship and amazon ships it for them. It is not Amazon's stock. Why would it make sense for Amazon to sell their own items at a lower price and give a cut to the 3rd party?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back