Klipsch Image X10s sound great with...
Aug 23, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #46 of 58
Ok, I also had some T100s (from my FS M5s) and tried them as well. I didn't think of using them, because the inner tube is smaller in diameter than the X10s. But I was able to just push them on, and they fit!

I'll doing some A/B comparisons this weekend, but they both definitely provide more bass than the standard gel tips.

Aug 23, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #47 of 58
Good news, I have some P shorts and standards, along with a lot of T400s (bought them for the UE SF5, then returned it. Doh!). So I can use either it seems, though that is hard to fathom. But if you say the T400s fit too, I believe you. Good to know I can use foamies with the Images, even if it does mean spending more $$$.

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #48 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news, I have some P shorts and standards, along with a lot of T400s (bought them for the UE SF5, then returned it. Doh!). So I can use either it seems, though that is hard to fathom. But if you say the T400s fit too, I believe you. Good to know I can use foamies with the Images, even if it does mean spending more $$$.

I'd have to see that. It's difficult to believe the T400s would fit the stem of the X10s. But if it's being done, hmmm...

Aug 25, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #49 of 58
Can I use the Westone Comply tips with the x10's? or the shure black foam tips?
In my country, I can't find the Comply T100 you're talking about.

Aug 25, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakmax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I use the Westone Comply tips with the x10's? or the shure black foam tips?
In my country, I can't find the Comply T100 you're talking about.

I don't see why not. I use them and they work just fine.

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #51 of 58
....sound great with the Sleek Audio bi-flange sleeves. I get a better seal than with any of the provided sleeves from Klipsch, therefore get a tad better weight to the bottom end. To my ears, none of the frequency band is affected negatively by using the Sleek sleeves, plus you can order replacements. They fit like they were made for the Images.

**for those of you that have both as I do

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #52 of 58
Thanks for that CN11. I am going to try it. So far, the T400s and the olives are failures to me. The former really wiped out the bass unless you shove them into your brain (since they sit so far down on the driver housing). And the olives seem to want to fall off. Right now, the P Series Complys and the standard Image gels work best, but I will try the Sleek flanges too. I wasn't a big fan of them, though, choosing the olives instead. Wow, this is some shell game.

Aug 27, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #53 of 58
Quote:

Thanks for that CN11. I am going to try it. So far, the T400s and the olives are failures to me. The former really wiped out the bass unless you shove them into your brain (since they sit so far down on the driver housing). And the olives seem to want to fall off. Right now, the P Series Complys and the standard Image gels work best, but I will try the Sleek flanges too. I wasn't a big fan of them, though, choosing the olives instead. Wow, this is some shell game.

Tell me about it! lol I finally settled in the "P"s because they stayed put, even though to came out my other ear. The advantage of that is being able to tie a bow on the end of them so they won't fall out...j/k
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #54 of 58
Thought I'd share a picture of the rig I'm currently using daily. I just am thrilled with how small the whole thing is while at the same time the sound is just the opposite... big & fun. Call me content for the time being!
biggrin.gif

DSC03364.JPG

Aug 29, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #55 of 58
Where's the photo? My guess is the rig I am using for walking around- Sansa Clip>FiiO E3>X10s (when not using the Sleeks) is the smallest possible, if you include all three components. Is that your rig as well? If I take away the FiiO, well, it doesn't get any smaller.

Now there's a switch, a debate over whose is smaller.

Aug 30, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #56 of 58
Quote:

Where's the photo? My guess is the rig I am using for walking around- Sansa Clip>FiiO E3>X10s (when not using the Sleeks) is the smallest possible, if you include all three components. Is that your rig as well? If I take away the FiiO, well, it doesn't get any smaller.

Now there's a switch, a debate over whose is smaller.

Yeah, I suppose the Clip/Image duo would do me in! Too funny, I can't believe we're arguing about whose 'package' is smaller. Ha ha.

Did the photo show up? I swear it just disappeared after I properly linked it this morning. So I re-did it, and it looks like it is showing up.

Aug 30, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #58 of 58
Quote:

Picture there. I have yet to try the Sleek flanges, but I like the med gels so much, no reason to switch I can see. It's all good.

Those gels are a wonder. Take some rubbing alcohol, the the purest you can find, and swab them down real good then swab out the ears real good drying any excess with the other end of the swab and those gels, once set up in the ear, won't move...unless you get into some strenuous physical situation that causes sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back