Klipsch Image X10s sound great with...
Aug 22, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by haroldc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received the Image X10 today and in the process of burning them in. How important is the burn-in? I did pink noise on my Atrio M5 for ~72 hrs and it helped tighten the sound. Should I expect the same or no affect? Considering they're different: Dynamic driver vs. Armature.

Armatures don't need burn-in. This info comes from the IEM companies themselves. Anyone who tells you anything else suffers from brain burn-in.

Aug 22, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #32 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Armatures don't need burn-in. This info comes from the IEM companies themselves. Anyone who tells you anything else suffers from brain burn-in.

Well, I don't know the ins and outs of armature burn in but I do know that Jason from Sleek has said the SA6's generally like a few hours before sounding their best. From my experience though the differences are subtle. I don't tend to pay too much attention to burn-in, if something sounds a bit better after a few hours of running then great, if not it's no big deal.

Aug 22, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll give the gels a try, no doubt.

I received the Standard "P" size Complys and they are better than the Complys i was using and also at least as good as the gels. The bass response with these is as good and I believe the overall seal and comfort level is improved. If you have the "P" in Standard, they are the ones worth using.

Aug 22, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #35 of 58
I'm getting spoiled by these Standard size "P"s. I wish they made these to fit the UE phones. I bought a 6 pack of these and destroyed 4 of them trying to mod them with the cores to fit a UE phones. They are so fragile and tear so easily. I finally gave up and am going to make do.

I can't figure out Comply's problem. They just will not produce a foam of this size for the large nozzle canalphones.

Aug 22, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #36 of 58
After reading about how people have been using Comply's with the Images, I remembered that I had a set of Comply T400. (larger opening)

They fit perfectly, around the outer barrel. It really improves the bass response, to the point where it is might be overwhelming. (I love it, since I'm a little of a bass-head)

I'll try to take some pictures later tonight, after dinner.

Aug 22, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #37 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll have a comparison of the SA6 and X10 early next week...wasn't overwhelmed by the sleeks so decided to try the X10...can't wait.

Remember to post your comparison when you have it! I also have a SA6 and the Klipsch X10 looks like the next best option for more bass!
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #38 of 58
Vulpix, I posted some very brief initial impressions/comparison of the X10's and SA6's in this thread.

Aug 23, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #40 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by haroldc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are some pics:

I was using those too but decided the bass was being affected negatively. Then I received the "P" Standard size and they are much more effective at isolation and acoustic response. The bass, after setting in well enough, is almost overpowering. But I definitely need a PTH while using these "P"s on the X10s, I can barely hear anyone, with the volume muted. The difference between the short Comply and the standard Comply is dramatic. It's an absolute shame Comply will not produce the longer version for the UE phones.

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #41 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was using those too but decided the bass was being affected negatively. Then I received the "P" Standard size and they are much more effective at isolation and acoustic response. The bass, after setting in well enough, is almost overpowering. But I definitely need a PTH while using these "P"s on the X10s, I can barely hear anyone, with the volume muted. The difference between the short Comply and the standard Comply is dramatic. It's an absolute shame Comply will not produce the longer version for the UE phones.

Do you know what the difference between the T and P series of Comply tips? I looked on their site and it seems that they only list the P for use with the Westones.

It is very boomy with the T400 tips.

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #42 of 58
The T100 is about the same core size as the "P". The T400 uses the larger core size for canalphones that have a nozzle size of the UE4. The T500's core is very slightly larger to fit canalphones with the nozzle size of the UE Super fis and Triple fis.

The best place to find the Complys is eBay, and at this link:

eBay Store - Marco Polo ca: Comply Replacement Foam Tips: Comply P Short Foams eartips ear tips Westone Shure

As far vas the difference between them, I would say the T has a very slightly larger core size but, like the "P", it will stretch a little allowing them to be forced to fit whatever near their size.

Aug 23, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #43 of 58
Not sure about the sound tube sizes (the T400s are for canal phones, I know that), but I have several P Series Complys and the main difference is the P's come in standard, short and thin, not just the one size of the T series (which are about the same as the P shorts).

The P Series has the smallest sound tube holes, so they work with Atrios, Etys, im716s, Sleeks ... basically any phone that has a fairly thin sound tube. But the major difference is more size choice (at least from the T100s, which also have fairly thin sound chambers).

Aug 23, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #44 of 58
Not sure about the sound tube sizes (the T400s are for canal phones, I know that), but I have several P Series Complys and the main difference is the P's come in standard, short and thin, not just the one size of the T series (which are about the same as the P shorts).

The P Series has the smallest sound tube holes, so they work with Atrios, Etys, im716s, Sleeks ... basically any phone that has a fairly thin sound tube. But the major difference is more size choice (at least from the T100s, which also have fairly thin sound chambers).

Edit: Lewislink beat me to the punch, but also, he missed the size options for the P Series, which is the only Comply series with that feature, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back