Klipsch Image X10s sound great with...
Aug 20, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #17 of 58
That's the difference. I bought directly from Comply and asked those at Comply. These, in the link are from ES. Maybe ES knows what they are doing better than Comply.

The Ps are for the Shure models and the T100s are more for the iM-616/716 because those have a slightly larger nozzle.

Aug 20, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #18 of 58
Maybe. The larger Complys are pretty big, but for larger ears, good. And the thins also have their value. Gives you some flexibility.

Comply only lists the Standard and Slim on their site, while Earphone Solutions offers only Standard and Short. Go figure.

Aug 20, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #19 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the difference. I bought directly from Comply and asked those at Comply. These, in the link are from ES. Maybe ES knows what they are doing better than Comply.

The Ps are for the Shure models and the T100s are more for the iM-616/716 because those have a slightly larger nozzle.

Aha. I jammed some olives on the 716s. Very nice.

Aug 20, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #20 of 58
When I did it, I was afraid I would twist the nozzles off trying to remove them. The longer they sit on there the more the stick because the plastic conforms to the surface and gives it a kind of weld.

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #22 of 58
Here's the full range of the Image sleeves compared toa medium olive.

Picture003-6.jpg

Aug 20, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #23 of 58
^^
Thanks for pics, appreciate your help.

Aug 20, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #24 of 58
This set of Images, when they are the only ones used for several days, really sounds awesome. They do have a warm sound but it's a particularly enjoyable sound. The bass is strong and well controlled and very deep. I'm certainly glad I have these, they are a worthy acquisition.

Aug 21, 2008 at 10:46 AM Post #25 of 58
I experimented a bit more with the black olives on my Image X10's. The sound ok, and I think some may prefer them to the dual flanges but to me they castrated the very bottom end, the mids seemed a bit more forward and closed in and the treble was brought out to almost a distracting point. In the end I don't think I'd enjoy the sound with the olives enough to keep them so it's back to try to get over my sensitivity to the material in the ear gels.

Aug 21, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #26 of 58
Hmmm, mine arrive Tuesday. If there is no chance for using foamies, I may not have them long. I just don't have much success with silicone sleeves, as is your case. Not bad, though, having the Sleeks too.

Aug 21, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #27 of 58
I found using the gels produces better bass response. I have been using the gels for the last couple of days and went, temporarily, back to the Compys. I didn't keep the Complys in long because I preferred the sound with the gels in instead. And I'm a silicone hater also but these gels, when properly aligned and because the Images can be inserted much further, are great. Take some alcohol, swab out the ears and dry the excess, then swab the gels and dry and then use them for two days minimum. You might come to like them when you see how well the seal and feel.

Aug 22, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #29 of 58
Just received the Image X10 today and in the process of burning them in. How important is the burn-in? I did pink noise on my Atrio M5 for ~72 hrs and it helped tighten the sound. Should I expect the same or no affect? Considering they're different: Dynamic driver vs. Armature.

tstarn06 - Did you receive the Image X10s yet? I'd be interested in your opinion comparing the Image X10 vs. the SA6.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back