Klipsch Image X10s sound great with...
Aug 19, 2008 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

lewislink

Banned
Shure black foams (olives). I can't get an even feeling seal with the OEM silicones so I put some olives on and they are much better. By the way, these phones are more inline with what I thought JVC would be producing with the FXC-50s. These have the same idea, the driver being right out front...nearly...and they go all the way in the ear, if you let them.

The sound seems good but I haven't worn them long enough to make an accurate assessment. Boy! If you tun them up high, they really produce some head shivering bass. But I listen to mellow, modern, instrumental Jazz like Kirk Whalum, Dave Sanborn, Eric Marienthal, The Rippingtons and such and loudness isn't really its thing. I suppose if I were to listen to some head bangin' music or some thug rap I'd be turning it up loud like that, but I don't.

The bass is aplenty. The sound seems clean and uncluttered. There doesn't seem to be any need in adjusting the EQ or other audio enhancements.

More to come

Aug 19, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Rippingtons and such and loudness isn't really its thing. More to come

Ahhh. Turn on "North Peak" off the Black Diamond cd and rock your head off!!

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 58
Interested to hear more, since the pair I ordered for $211 from Amazon won't be here for a month or so. I really like the SA6s, so if the X10s are on par, I will keep both. But I am glad to hear they work with the olives, cause I am not a silicone sleeve fan.

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 58
How did you get the Shure black olives on, I tried a pair and they didn't seem to want to go over the notch.

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 58
Hmm, that's not good. I don't want to be ripping out any tubes, etc. However, I somehow managed to get the olives on a pair of 716s without shredding them, so maybe it can be done on the X10s as well.

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #6 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhh. Turn on "North Peak" off the Black Diamond cd and rock your head off!!

If you like that you'll love Eric Marienthal's "Just Around The Corner" album and a few songs that stick out, "Open Road", "Just Around The Corner" and "Times Square".

Then there's Flim & The BB's "New Pants" album with "Flakey Jakey" as a favorite and "Big Bash" with "Invention" as a smooth, mellow favorite.

Then take a hear to The Sax Pack's "The Sax Pack" album. Great from start to finish especially track 9. My list shows it to be "Unknown" but I don't know if that's clever naming or a glitch in my system somewhere.

Aug 19, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 58
Ahhh, ok, I got them on, the just required a little push. Sound seems a bit different, bass is maybe a touch less while treble is brought out a bit. Initial impression at least is positive and I could see many people preferring these.

Edit: Ok upon further listening the balance is definitely different with the black olives, it's not bad but I think I prefer the stock bi-flange gels with them. Now if only I can only get over my sensitivity to the silicone.

Aug 19, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #8 of 58
Hmmm...I don't have the slightest trouble getting the Complys on or the olives. The olives are a little tighter to fit, though. By the way, the Complys are more comfy than the medium olives.

I've currently settled on the Complys.

Aug 20, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 58
So Comply T100s fit the X10s? Cool. I overbought the T400s to use with the SF5s, so I need to sell the T400s to get some T100s. Good to know (and disregard my question about olives on the other X10 post).

Aug 20, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #10 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure black foams (olives). I can't get an even feeling seal with the OEM silicones so I put some olives on and they are much better.

lewis, what size olives are equivalent to medium Klipsch tips (not flanges)? I'd like to try olives. Maybe I can source them in Australia somewhere.

Thanks.

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #11 of 58
It would have to be a small olive because theolive in this picture is a medium and the clear silicone is a medium Klipsch Image. The Comply there is the largest they make.

Picture002-3.jpg

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #12 of 58
Which Comply is that? T100 (easily fits Ety, Sleek) or T400 (fits UE, most standard canalphone sound tubes)? I have tons of the latter. But if it's the T100 Comply, they come in SML sizes, not just one size. Only the T400 is in a single size, the size you have pictured. Let me know before I sell off the T400s I have on hand.

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #13 of 58
That's the T100 or P, I don't remember which. I got those for the Altec iM-716. And that's how I ordered them so I can look up the site and see what is used for the iM-716. I don't have the T400s. The only other Complys I have are the T500s.

EDIT - that's the T100s. I just looked at the site.

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #14 of 58
That being the case, they make them in short (the one shown), large and thin. I have all three on hand, but I always found the larges too bulky. I do have a couple of pair of T100 shorts around, so I will use those with the X10s when they arrive. Now I have to sell the T400s, since I have like 10 pair.

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #15 of 58
Hmmm...the support at Comply is trying to fool me then, because I asked if there was a larger one than the one I was sold, the T100s and the T500s, which are identical in size, and they said no. The T400 is the same size as the T500 but the T500 is an update of the T400 to fit better on UE series phones. The T400 is actually the one listed for the UE4 series.

If you have a larger Comply than the one shown in the picture above, which is a T100, what is it and what does it fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back