Klipsch Image X10 vs UE 700
Dec 30, 2012 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

patrx

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm looking for a new pair of earphones. So far, I've had Sennheiser CX200 for about 3 years and tough they sounded great. I'm looking for a new pair because the connector started to loosen and the rubber on the cable is a little cut at some point.

That's the only "quality" earphones I've had, so I'm kind of a noob. I've read many post on this forum and came down to these two models that are currently on sales on Amazon:

Klipsch Image X10
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-X10-Noise-Isolating-Earphone/dp/B000WAHFBK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1356820497&sr=1-2&keywords=Ultimate+Ears+TripleFi+10

Ultimate Ears 700
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YKG2YQ/ref=s9_dcsimh_bw_p23_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0MRFE5WKWC653CQ3YM97&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1437132502&pf_rd_i=540734

I'm having trouble deciding wich one to get. From what I've read, the X10 is known to have high microphonic noise and the UE700 is often judged weak on bass.

About me:
It's hard to tell wich sound "flavor" I prefer since like I said I'm new but I've read somewhere that mid and warm/sweet is recommended for first-timer. I listen to many types of music (modern and old rock, pop, punk, metal, indie and a bit of electro, trance, dubstep) but I'm not much into hip-hop/rap music. I want something that can handle both softer and heavier types of music (let's say from Pink Floyd to In Flames to name some examples).

So to wrap it up:
Would you recommend one of the two models above (X10 or UE700) for me, wich one and why?
I'm also open to other suggestion but I would like to keep the price under 120-130$.
I've also heard good words of the Philips SHE3580 for the price but I'm willing to pay more if the quality is there :wink:

Looking forward to your advices. Thank you for your time and I hope my english is not too bad (not my first language).

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #2 of 14
I got the UE700 yesterday and after some hours of use I can at least say that they handle Pink Floyd as well as In Flames. I don't know the Klipsch, but since the UE have two drivers whereas the Klipsch have one, so on the technical data sheet they are better (which does not mean they have to sound better when you listen to them). I guess that both do not bring a lot of bass which is something you could miss in Electronic music, but for rock etc I really like the UE700.

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #3 of 14
Spend $135 on the TDK BA200 that's on Amazon, its warm, smooth and sweet with great detail and a spacious soundstage with fantastic imaging.  The BA200 imo is the best IEM you can get under $150.

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 14
Thanks for your suggestion but I feel like the over the ear design would annoy me (and less importantly the flat cable) because I put them on and off frequently.

For the bass, I guess it wouldn't be a problem because I listen more to rock/metal music than electronic music. It would be great to get the better out of both world but I'm sure electronic music still sound great on that kind of earphone.

Just to give me an idea, how does it compare with the cx200 for the bass ?

Any though about the X10 ?

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 14
I think the X10 would work great, I just bought a pair the other day from Amazon to have as a back up for my SM3.  They are said to have good bass and a warm sound signature which is what I like.  They might not be the most detailed compared to some but they have plenty from everything I've read and they also sound significantly better amp'ed I'm told.

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #6 of 14
The X10 offers Klipsch signature warm rich soundsignature with deep punchy bass(amazing for it size), the other IEMs like UE TF10Pro, Image X5, Sony EX600, Sony XB90EX are great buy under this budget for these genres music.

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #7 of 14
I came here to ask this same question, but my tastes stay mostly within rock and metal.
I've owned the Triple Fi 10's and found them to be very uncomfortable, and also have the Shure SE215 which are better but start hurting after an hour or so.

Which are more comfortable and good for rock?

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 14
if you order through Amazon.com I think they do ship to canada too
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=596192

they better do else I'm out of luck because I'm from canada too.
didn't find it at a canadian retailer (online or local) though on Amazon.ca there's the X10i version (with the microphone) but at a 254.96$CAN price tag :frowning2:

I hope for the best for customs fees/taxes with Amazon.com though it is still worth it because of the ridiculously low price (vs the canadian site).

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:
if you order through Amazon.com I think they do ship to canada too
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=596192

they better do else I'm out of luck because I'm from canada too.
didn't find it at a canadian retailer (online or local) though on Amazon.ca there's the X10i version (with the microphone) but at a 254.96$CAN price tag :frowning2:

I hope for the best for customs fees/taxes with Amazon.com though it is still worth it because of the ridiculously low price (vs the canadian site).

so did I but they dont.

The ones that do are like $150+

It has to say international shipping because domestic means US

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

so did I but they dont.

The ones that do are like $150+

It has to say international shipping because domestic means US

you're right. spotted the "AmazonGlobal" button: lowest is 215$ +customs vs 254$CAD
well that's a bummer.

I've done a little more research and I've found it on eBay canada at 99$ + 28$ shipping from the US (and you have to pay customs I guess, wich souldn't be that bad but you never know). Not the same deal than Amazon US but still way cheaper.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-Klipsch-Image-X10-Noise-Isolating-In-Ear-Headphones-Earphone-/181051287586?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a277f6822&_uhb=1#shId

FYI: from the Klipsch website there's the (only) "official" Klipsch retailer in canada, ontario (Gentec-International) but it's far from a deal :p

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

you're right. spotted the "AmazonGlobal" button: lowest is 215$ +customs vs 254$CAD
well that's a bummer.

I've done a little more research and I've found it on eBay canada at 99$ + 28$ shipping from the US (and you have to pay customs I guess, wich souldn't be that bad but you never know). Not the same deal than Amazon US but still way cheaper.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-Klipsch-Image-X10-Noise-Isolating-In-Ear-Headphones-Earphone-/181051287586?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a277f6822&_uhb=1#shId

FYI: from the Klipsch website there's the (only) "official" Klipsch retailer in canada, ontario (Gentec-International) but it's far from a deal :p

Sounds like it but not trusted.

I might just ship it to my relatives in the us or find the TDK MT300

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
x10 klipsch doesnt ship to canada :frowning2:

The Klipsch IEMs are mainly sell by London Drugs in Canada and they sell all models but some other retailors like Bay Bloor Audio(Toronto), Headphonebar(Vancouver) may sell these IEMs.

Jan 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
The Klipsch IEMs are mainly sell by London Drugs in Canada and they sell all models but some other retailors like Bay Bloor Audio(Toronto), Headphonebar(Vancouver) may sell these IEMs.

Good to know but I just ordered the X10 with Amazon yesterday. Couldn't pass on this amazing deal, so I used a pacakge forwarding company to ship them back here in canada.

I chose the X10 over the UE700 because the bass seems to be better based on many reviews and because they're so tiny. Overall I think there's no big difference between the two and you can't go wrong with either of them (for the price they're at today of course, ~85-90$US).

Can't wait to try them! :)

Thank you all for your advices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back