Klipsch image s4i sucks big time
May 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #31 of 43
I own this one, the Klipsch s4i II which is for me not enough! It was lack of bass punch but accurate in mid to high pitch sound. According to klipsch that they delivered a flat sound in which gives comfortable listening to your ears. So if you like me that needs a full bass experience and love hip-hop/RNB then considering the Beats tour or Soul by ludacris, etc. Klipsch even the x10i are for me designed for Melody songs not for heavily blowing mind bass sounds.

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #33 of 43
my s4i's are having an issue where the voice volume is low but sounds and music are normal or loud volume...i tried other earbuds and stuff and it's definitely this pair. anyone experience this before?

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #34 of 43
I have the S3's, and while I like them alright, I find the treble is a little too sharp for my own personal preferences. I think I probably just don't care that much for the "Klipsch sound." Toning the treble down with EQ helped a lot, but then I just went back to my Senns.

Also had trouble getting a seal as even the biggest tips were a bit too small for me.

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #35 of 43
i had the s4 ii for beat around iems, on the go iems, i really found them to be terrible, i didnt see what everyone was talking about in all the exceptional reviews...they really didnt live up to any standard for me.the x10 imo are overpriced and not worth it again imo.

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #36 of 43
This is a pretty old thread and a couple years after it's start...the S4's still suck. I saw NO redeeming factors in the item at all, and to this day I'm still shocked that they EVER garnered ANY positive reviews. Muddy bass, no treble and muffled mids.

Oct 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #37 of 43
  This is a pretty old thread and a couple years after it's start...the S4's still suck. I saw NO redeeming factors in the item at all, and to this day I'm still shocked that they EVER garnered ANY positive reviews. Muddy bass, no treble and muffled mids.

exactly, i got a pair to beat around with, got them off ebay they had a bad 3.5mm jack, i fixed the jack and they worked like new....only i was very confused, i read so many reviews hailing them for having excellent sound while being in a reasonable price range. i eventually gave them away i was completely uninterested in them and i had all of 15.00 in them, but still thought that they sucked,

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #39 of 43
  Shrill? That's certainly not what I've experienced with them. Too much bass, bloated ? Maybe, but not shrill. Plus, their sound will significantly get better as you listened to them more and more. I don't think you should bash  headphone/iem after two days. Granted, they are not the best or the most accurate ones out there, but for $75 dollars, I think they are pretty decent! 

For $75, they are bad. I'd say spend some extra money and get the Shure SE215.

(Thanks to the Klipsch S4i, I rejected IEM as a category of worthwhile sound devices because it sounded that bad to me, yet people claimed these to be one of the best IEM. Thanks to the Shure SE215, my opinion about IEM's changed and then bought the Shure SE535 to replace my B&W P5).

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #40 of 43
I just bought a set of Klipsch S4's & while I don't find the mids recessed at all. The bloated boomy bass is a real turn off in most music. High frequencies are ok but not like what I get from my JVC's. However the mids are more up front than on my JVC's by a long shot which is what I was looking for. I was not looking for more bass though & especially not boomy bass. These are clearly dynamic drivers at both their best & absolute worst. Best in that their mids are not recessed but worst in their bass end. Maybe break in will help but I some how doubt it will change all that significantly.

This was based on my experience with my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.

With my computer with modified X-Fi Titanium HD the bass is still very strong but less boomy. Sound more balanced. Incredibly transparent midrange & high frequencies. Incredibly good sound for a dynamic driver earbud. Incredibly good sound for any kind of driver earbud. Definitely dependant on source component though. Way better than my JVC earbuds on my computer. Seems to work well with most music here.

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #41 of 43
Did some more listening on my computer to the S4's & the bass does still affect the lower midrange in a bad way but once you get above 200-300 Hz everything is clean & transparent Very good sound on my computer , Unfortunately not on my galaxy S4 which is what I intended to drive them with.

Sep 16, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #42 of 43
I completely agree with the guy who said "I can't believe some people's ears".

I borrowed a pair of Klipsch S4 ii. Never heard of that model before I tried them on my iPhone S4.

For my comparison, I listened to some Dream Theater "Six degrees of inner turbulence" and Rachmaninov Concerto n°3 played by Horowitz (1980), all ripped in mp3 320 kbps.

All I can say is they sound FAR better than my Ultimate Ears UE 600 (ex Super Fi 5 v2) in nearly all departments. Much more refined, detailed, airy mids and highs. Only the bass is recessed and nothing remarkable, but not really worse than on the UE600. However, they certainly aren't deep enough for bass lovers. Overall, the music is much more lively and fun on the Klipsch, no contest. You start to hear things you never noticed with the UE600. Finally, the flange holds *much* better and isolates *far* more than anything coming with my UE600. The flanges on the UE600 are especially bad. The ones on the Klipsch are pretty good. They remind me of my old Etymotics ER4P (that I unfortunately lost).

So no, the S4i certainly don't suck at all, and in fact I had a pretty hard time giving them back. So yes, at $75 they are a pretty good value even to this day.

Nov 22, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #43 of 43
I have found out that these headphones are really prone to breaking. The cable apparently just gives out. I just repaired one pair and took images from the process, if anyone is interested.

http://elec.tajunnanvirta.com/?p=4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back