Klipsch Image S4 Appreciation Thread
Oct 21, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #46 of 59
I bought these about a week ago.  They had solid bass, and I found the mids and highs to be in-line with the bass in terms of quality, especially at this price point.  Definitely fun IEMs.  I don't like how IEMs feel in my ear, however, and I won't use them often enough to justify the expense, so I've put them up for sale.  Anyone looking for a pair at a decent discount, you can find them

Here

Thanks,

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #47 of 59

Quote:
btw, ddr, is what you're describing happen with other headphones? Whether you split it or not, its not going to make a difference. I've used something like that with and without the splitter and the sound quality was exactly the same on my PC (I used it mainly for gaming) 

no, this only happens with the s4i's ... quite weird. my M9 and D2000 are fine with the PC.

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #48 of 59

Quote:
I am having trouble using the S4i with my PC, I can only hear faint sound with hiss on the highs.  Works perfectly on the iphone, ipod, and macbook.  Would the Fiio LU1 solve this problem? It reverses the last two pins on the headphone jack, mic & ground. Or would an adaptor that splits into two jacks, one for mic & one for headphones, work?

Do you have the microphone version?? If so, its probably because your PC is not compatible with your Klipsch jack. An external amp may solve this problem but I'm not 100% sure. You could also try purchasing a cheap 1/8 extension cable to connect it.

Oct 25, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #50 of 59
I just got these in the other day and while I'm enjoying the sound quality, the fit has been problematic. I may have solved my problem but in a seemingly odd way; I wear a mid sized single flanged on the left side and a large single on the right, the left goes in a bit farther while the right seems to make a good seal with a shallower fit. I tried every size and type on the right ear and the large is the only one to function adequately and sounds balanced with the left.

Am I ultimately wearing these wrong? the instructions for insertion and tutorials online seem fairly concrete, perhaps it's my right ear?....That would be kind of a shame in the long run.

Thoughts?

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #51 of 59
I just got these in the other day and while I'm enjoying the sound quality, the fit has been problematic. I may have solved my problem but in a seemingly odd way; I wear a mid sized single flanged on the left side and a large single on the right, the left goes in a bit farther while the right seems to make a good seal with a shallower fit. I tried every size and type on the right ear and the large is the only one to function adequately and sounds balanced with the left.

Am I ultimately wearing these wrong? the instructions for insertion and tutorials online seem fairly concrete, perhaps it's my right ear?....That would be kind of a shame in the long run.

Thoughts?

I'm the same way. It just seems that one ear hole is a little bigger than the other. I think it's fairly common...

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #52 of 59
It seems very tedious to get a good fit, I get the best sound (I think) when I get what feels like a proper seal (good bass response and fuller sound) the insertion feels very shallow and precarious. I can't help but think I'm using these wrong. When I insert them further it doesn't feel right and I would have to say it's a bit painful/uncomfortable. This is with the single flanged tips of various sizes.

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #54 of 59
Got the S4a's earlier in the week, and when I get a good seal, they really do sound pretty amazing. Problem is, to do so I either have to wear them behind the ear or with the left headphone in my right ear, and the right in my left...neither of which are terribly comfortable for me. Are there any tips you guys can recommend that might allow me to wear them the standard straight-down way? I'd love to keep them, but the fact that I can't wear them the way I want to is kind of bumming me out.

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #55 of 59

Quote:
Got the S4a's earlier in the week, and when I get a good seal, they really do sound pretty amazing. Problem is, to do so I either have to wear them behind the ear or with the left headphone in my right ear, and the right in my left...neither of which are terribly comfortable for me. Are there any tips you guys can recommend that might allow me to wear them the standard straight-down way? I'd love to keep them, but the fact that I can't wear them the way I want to is kind of bumming me out.

Have you tried the double-flange tips? Those are the only ones that work for me.
Also, email Klipsch customer support and ask about other sizes of double-flange tips. They have small and medium, but only small came with my S4s. They'll send you the other stuff, though.

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #56 of 59
I've had S4 for about a year and they are absolutely amazing.Before, i had a pair of Bose and though they were great,Bose's were my first pair of "expensive" phones and switching to Klipsch at first i noticed that the bass was almost not present,i was used to the too much overwhelming one of Bose's.Only after few days i realized how special are these S4.Details and bass are wonderful.

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #57 of 59
I got my S4 for USD$99.90 and used them for nearly a year and really loved them. They're my first and only pair of non-defaults and they amazed me for the price. Really suits my sound signature, which was lucky for me since I wasn't very into being an audiophile till I got this.

Sadly, its durability is one heck of an issue... The left side is now dead and I don't think I'll ever get it fixed again... :frowning2: it means so much to me but now I'm hoping to get an Heir Audio 3.Ai to fill up this gap in my ear canal. If it's durability wasn't so bad, I would buy another pair, which would be so much cheaper in comparison...

Being forced back to defaults really reminded me of the reason I had such great music that envelopes me every single time without fail :')

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #58 of 59
To me, I find them to have very nice bass, combined with properly placed mids, great treble detail, as well as very respectable soundstage. They don't really leave me wanting in any regard, save for perhaps that last iota of smoothness and refinement.

That's exactly how I would put it. 
I've owned my image s4i for almost 2 years now, and I really like them. They are the first IEM that I liked *at all*, and to my ears they sound very neutral without colorizing, they seem to be robust (no problem with durability so far), and I had no problem with fit. They are also perfect for doing sports (in combination with a 3rd generation iPod shuffle, the one almost without any knobs). 

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #59 of 59
When I first got this IEM, I wasn't impressed.  I gave it a bit longer to see if they'd grow on me, and it never happened, so they've been sitting in a drawer for over a year now.  I had recently ordered some tips for my Ety HF5 b/c none of the stock Ety tips are comfortable for me, and put a pair on the S4 seeing that they used the same size.  I guess the stock S4 tips never got a decent seal for me, b/c I never understood why people kept saying the bass was good on them.  I might have to give these another try now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back