Klipsch HP-3
Jan 20, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #526 of 621
It is sad to see Klipsch has discountinued two of the most wonderful products: HP-3 and the Heritage amplifier.
In fact, I'm using the amplifier with my Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm and am surprised it has a lot of power and makes the highs much more bearable and joyful compared to the crappy Fiio K5 Pro which makes anything harsh and painful.

The HP-3 and the amplifier still remains one of the most pretty for many of years to come with the amplifier. Damn you, Klipsch! Why did you have to end them??

Anyway, I was just in time to grab OEM earpads before they become non-existent, 3 ebony earpads to be precisely so I can sacrifice the one pair that are not ebony lol. But so far, no reason to change because I like to keep all of my stuff stock and original.
I enjoy the HP 3 with my Plenue 2 mkii ( jet effects EQ to my liking). It is just holographic , warm and bold. @CTR640 how do you compare the HP3 vs the Beyerdynamic DT880?

Jan 20, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #527 of 621
I enjoy the HP 3 with my Plenue 2 mkii ( jet effects EQ to my liking). It is just holographic , warm and bold. @CTR640 how do you compare the HP3 vs the Beyerdynamic DT880?

I'm a sucker when it comes to beautiful and unique looking audio gear. Ever seen a beauties like HP-3 and Heritage amplifier? Me neither. I'm that guy who likes to enjoy audio for pleasure and also to add unique stuff to my collection. And the Klipsch amplifier looks gorgeous on my walnut desk with walnut box storages with brass knobs. I'll make photos when LG 42C2 comes out. Currently I'm preparing all and it's a mess.

My DT880 is the customized colors, short cable (1.2m) and the sound is fun, like really fun, non-fatiguing, smooth highs, smooth sibilance and bass is right and punchy, nothing is overwhelming or underwhelming and all details are present. The HP-3 is like a speaker, bass is punchy and treble might be strong or harsh but once used to it, it's silky smooth. To be perfectly honest with you, they both completely sounds different and are in a whole different levels but one thing is for certain: they both are truely amazing. One of the many reasons why I both: to enjoy.

Jul 12, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #529 of 621
Are these discontinued? I don't see them being sold online anywhere besides occasionally on the classifieds around here

Jul 12, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #531 of 621
Jul 12, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #534 of 621
Nov 13, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #536 of 621
I want to ask for a more direct comparison here. I've fallen in love with the bass impact on IMR IEMs, but hate IEMs because theyre uncomfortable and a pain.

A friend of mine says the best headphone he knows with impactful, physical bass, is the HP3, and I just wanted to ask if anyone here that has them can speak anything about that?

Nov 13, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #537 of 621
I want to ask for a more direct comparison here. I've fallen in love with the bass impact on IMR IEMs, but hate IEMs because theyre uncomfortable and a pain.

A friend of mine says the best headphone he knows with impactful, physical bass, is the HP3, and I just wanted to ask if anyone here that has them can speak anything about that?
It is true, however hp3s are also very thick sounding headphones. Focal has the most impactful headphones and clears stay neutral too. It depends on your preference.

Nov 13, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #538 of 621
It is true, however hp3s are also very thick sounding headphones. Focal has the most impactful headphones and clears stay neutral too. It depends on your preference.
Could you define "thick" a little better for me please?

I may have to true focals eventually, i've yet to look into them. My problem is a lot of the higher end headphones have good, clear, bass. It's great, but it doesnt have the same *THUMP* that I am looking for.

Nov 13, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #539 of 621

It's tricky because everyone perceives bass "impact" differently. To me, the hp-3 and Nighthawk (same drivers) falls short of the TH-X00/D2k on impact. I also feel that the Focal Elear/Elex is more dynamic and impactful than the hp-3. If you are willing to conider planars, the He6se v2 has tons of tight bass impact (albeit less volume, but take bass boost like a champ) but need a strong amp to drive them.

That being said, the IEMS I've tried (all cheaper ones) present bass in a very different way than full sized headphones, and I don't think can be replicated exactly by headphones because of the physical differences in how the sound travels to the eardrum.

Nov 13, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #540 of 621
It's tricky because everyone perceives bass "impact" differently. To me, the hp-3 and Nighthawk (same drivers) falls short of the TH-X00/D2k on impact. I also feel that the Focal Elear/Elex is more dynamic and impactful than the hp-3. If you are willing to conider planars, the He6se v2 has tons of tight bass impact (albeit less volume, but take bass boost like a champ) but need a strong amp to drive them.

That being said, the IEMS I've tried (all cheaper ones) present bass in a very different way than full sized headphones, and I don't think can be replicated exactly by headphones because of the physical differences in how the sound travels to the eardrum.
I will consider anything~ Not really fussed.

I loved the nighthawk, honestly, it was my favourite set of headphones to date, so if the HP3 is the same driver as that but in a higher end package, that still may be something I want.

The latter is what I was mostly worried about, IEMs are such a huge pain in the ass, to me, every few minutes I have to reseat them to get the sound right, but if theyre the only way Im gonna get what I want, eh.

Either way, got a few things on my list from your comment to try then, will have to see what is around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back