Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Oct 14, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #961 of 1,468
I get the not liking full retail, I don't like it either, but given what prices are being asked for high-end headphones, you can make a case that the HP-3 isn't overpriced. They sound fantastic stock and of course people can equalize them to taste, they are absolutely beautiful to see and hold, so extremely well made. Klipsch certainly did not skimp on anything about the headphone as far as I can tell and I have absolutely no regrets about buying the HP-3, not at all. I do want a different cable, but that is for aesthetic reasons as I think a nice tan or brown would work better for the wood and brass wood. I will be treating myself, once school is done, to a nice custom cable so that I can tailor the look. I think the HP-3 is an amazing headphone and a keeper in my collection for sure.

Oct 14, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #962 of 1,468
^^^^
Yeah, I guess I’m with ya. I didn’t pay full retail and received them at a smokin price, hence my hesitation on saying I don’t know if I’d pay full retail.
What I do know for a fact, like you, it’s a keeper and 1 headphone that will never leave it’s place in my home. I love this headphone and quenches my thirst for that sound signature that suites my tastes. A stunner to look at too on it's stand or in its display case. High quality all the way. Such a shame it gets so little attention from the self proclaimed audiophile community.

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #964 of 1,468
^^^^
Yeah, I guess I’m with ya. I didn’t pay full retail and received them at a smokin price, hence my hesitation on saying I don’t know if I’d pay full retail.
What I do know for a fact, like you, it’s a keeper and 1 headphone that will never leave it’s place in my home. I love this headphone and quenches my thirst for that sound signature that suites my tastes. A stunner to look at too on it's stand or in its display case. High quality all the way. Such a shame it gets so little attention from the self proclaimed audiophile community.
For sure, hidden gem. I find people really over react to the notion of a signature being coloured or tuned toward engaging sounding. I don't like describing this type of tuning as fun as it can be misconstrued to mean regular consumer which the HP-3 is not. Yes it has a big bold bass presence, but it is anything but a one trick pony. It, like the Z1R, offers a very deliberate take on things that you enjoy or don't. I do tend to trim the bass back a little, quite modest really, but even when I leave it alone I just really get with the signature.

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #965 of 1,468
Just thought I would post a picture of my HP-3.

Klipsch HP-3 on Speaker.jpg

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #967 of 1,468
Can I ask why? I personally believe these are the greatest pads for changing out due to wear that ever were made. Nothing could be easier. I wish every manufacturer would take a page out of Klipsch’s book.

I assume you’re looking for a thicker/cushier pad?

Pad swapping to something else on this headphone will significantly change the tuning. You’d turn it into another headphone IMHO.

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #971 of 1,468
vodanhkhack. nice cable, need details please. just cancelled a cable order and looking for a new one

Actually this is the silver balanced 2.5mm cable for my Meze 99 classics. I had asked Klipsch before buying this HP3 and they confirmed it could be use for HP 3!

This Satin Audio balanced cable for Meze 99 is a nice " free gift" from Meze Distributor in Vietnam. It is called "Satin Audio Auphire LITE 8x" standard version!

It is a customized cable for Meze 99 classics. ( 2x 3.5 mm TS connectors to the headphones) I guess it costs more than 100 usd. If you are intrested, you can email Satin Audio or Meze Distributor "Xuan Vu" Audio for this cable ( they also have the more expensive "pro version").

https://satinaudio.com/en/contact-us?v=e14da64a5617

Xuan Vu Audio (Meze Distributor in Vietnam)

https://tainghe.com.vn/headphones-cables.html

It will take a week to customize the cable.
10342207.jpg

Nov 15, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #972 of 1,468
I got a pretty cheap 4.4mm balanced cable from Amazon for like $65 or $70 and other than it being stiff it sounds good when I use them with my M11.

When the HP-3 was $1199 I felt like it was well priced for what you got. Now that they're like $1400 I wouldn't call them well priced but I also don't think they're necessarily over priced either. The HP-3 is great headphone that's well built and sounds very good and compared to others in it's price range it can hold it's own imo.

Nov 18, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #975 of 1,468
hi, i'm a big Klipsch speaker fan !!!! how do these hp's handle heavy/power metal ???
If you love the Klipsch tower speakers, you will love this headphone! I have listen to both the Hp3 and the Klipsch Forte at the Klipsch dealer before buying the headphone. The Hp3 mimics the wonderful sound signature of its famous heritage Klipsch speakers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back