Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Jun 5, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #931 of 1,468
Does anyone else feel like the highs have smoothed out over time? They still sound crisp and clear but I'm not hearing any of the harshness I was at first, though it wasn't very often they sounded harsh in the first place. I'm not a big believer in burn-in so I'm guessing it's just my brain getting used to the sound signature over time.

Anyways, I'm loving this headphone and I'm so glad I to the chance on it because $1200 is not cheap and there were other headphones I was looking at that were much more popular. I still don't know why these aren't more popular among headphone enthusiast because they hit on all the marks that make a good headphone imo. I guess because Klipsch hasn't been know to make really good headphones might have something to do with it, plus the price point they're at is a very competitive one so that can't help either.

Jun 5, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #934 of 1,468
Hello world :)

I became curious about those :)
You should be curious, in my view, as others in the thread have said, this headphone deserves more love for sure. It just has a sound that makes you want to listen.

Jun 7, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #938 of 1,468
Does anyone have the Heritage amp that they're interested in selling? I'd buy it new, but to be honest I doubt I'm going to use it in my main rig. I mostly want it to review, and pair with the HP-3 as a novelty. Hah.

Jun 7, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #939 of 1,468
It would be a novelty, only. I have that amp but I rarely use it because it is rather dull. It just can't hold up against My sennheiser. In fact I enjoy the Little Bear B4-x with the upgraded opamps better. But I still don't want to sell it.

It looks good though.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #940 of 1,468
I keep my Beyerdynamic A20 amp around just because I like it. I refuse to sell it despite it being noisy as hell with most of my DACs, it's not terribly powerful (at least on paper), and it has a whopping 100 ohm output impedance.

I suspect the Heritage amp will have a similar "I'm keeping it just because I like it" appeal. Obviously it can't be as bad as the A20, though. :beyersmile:

Jun 13, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #942 of 1,468
After dealing with a kidney stone for the past few weeks I've had a lot of extra time to listen to my headphones and compare them to one another, and the HP-3 is still the champ. I'd say the Sendy Aiva was second but the others just didn't compare to the Klipsch, not that I think any of them are bad though.

That overall fun and engaging sound of the HP-3 is perfect for just enjoying music. The bass is as good as it gets for a dynamic driver and I feel like the biodynamic driver has a lot to do with it seeing as the other good bass headphones I have are the Audioquest which have the same type of driver. The mids and high are plenty detailed with the mids being slightly warmed up by the bass but I wouldn't call it bass bleed into the mids. Before I got them the highs made me nervous because I don't generally like bright treble but on the HP-3 they sound great and sit perfectly on the boarder between crisp and harsh but I've only felt them to be harsh a few times when I first got them. As for the staging and imaging again I feel Klipsch nailed it with a soundstage that's not to wide or narrow and imaging that places everything right where it needs to be.

Now for build quality I don't have a headphone that's this nice, some come close but not close enough. From the wood cups and lambskin ear pads to all the metal used the HP-3 is built with nothing but quality in mind. They're not to heavy and other than my ears getting a bit warm from time to time after wearing the for long stretches I have no complaints about fit and comfort.

I hope that Klipsch doesn't stop with the HP-3 and they continue to make quality home listening headphones. I know going planar is all the rage but I'd like to see them stick with dynamic drivers and use some more exotic ones like maybe beryllium or something along those lines. Anyone that's looking for a unique and fun sounding audiophile headphones do yourself a favor and check the HP-3 out.

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #943 of 1,468
just bought a pair online for $1200 Canadian. so that $300 off. everybody on this thread talks about how good they are so I had to go for it. will post pics and a quick impression post after I burn them in and give them a good listening session. Can't wait:L3000::L3000:

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #944 of 1,468
just bought a pair online for $1200 Canadian. so that $300 off. everybody on this thread talks about how good they are so I had to go for it. will post pics and a quick impression post after I burn them in and give them a good listening session. Can't wait:L3000::L3000:
REALLY looking forward to your thoughts. Yeah you're right, the 3 or 4 of us who regularly post (when we do post) all believe in their sound. Let's see if you do too! :sweat:

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #945 of 1,468
REALLY looking forward to your thoughts. Yeah you're right, the 3 or 4 of us who regularly post (when we do post) all believe in their sound. Let's see if you do too! :sweat:
So true @koover. I enjoy my Hp-3 immensely but I rarely post any thoughts on their sound. I do have a hybrid cable being made for them and I'll see if the sound gets better or stays the same. With that being said, the stock cable isn't bad. I don't feel that it's limiting the HP-3's performance in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back