Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Feb 17, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #871 of 1,468
It is nice to discover a gem even if it is unrecognized as such by the masses. Listening right now to some great electronica from Bluetech (Cosmic Dubs). Really sounds fantastic with the HP-3.

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #873 of 1,468
did anyone compared those to HD800s - 820.
I didn't compare, but I did own the HD800S and had the HD820 with me for a few weeks. I really enjoyed the 800S but the 820 did nothing for me at all and the fit was very problematic. First headphone that I tried and could not get to stay properly in place. The 800S is a different headphone altogether, it crackles with speed and micro-detail. The HP-3 is certainly a little less nimble and smoother, but it is a glorious and engaging signature to my ears. Both are different and if you lean toward detail retrieval and pure speed the HD800S stands a good chance of being a good call; however, if you like rich weighty notes and some warmth the Klipsch is the better choice. Both are simply fantastic headphones and if I could have afforded to keep the HD800S I would have. I can't say if I had both at the same time whether I would keep the HP-3 or the 800S, but my instincts tell me I would go with the HP-3. It just has such a rich, bold and big sound without straying far from audiophile sensibility.

Feb 18, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #874 of 1,468
I agree, I have a LCD2C, LCD2, LCDX, PS1000, T1 and a few others but I would say my HP3 is my most enjoyable. If I could only choose one headphone it would be the HP3 for sure. It just seems to sound so good with all styles of music I listen to and I don't think I would chance anything about it's sound signature. It's a shame this will most likely be the last headphone klipsch puts out for a while. They really had something good going and it doesn't look like they will expand upon it.

See this message folks???? This guy have been proven to be a scammer. He has scammed ALL of the headphones he mentioned from people on here, Reddit, and other audio site. If you get a message to trade from a guy named Justin Ruiz a 123* Lakeshore Drive, Camden, NJ or someone with the last name Bieladzska first name rhymes with Stan at 28* Morris Drive, West Deptford, NJ..............RUN AWAY!!!!!

The community has been infiltrated by this prick and he starts off like this, with little comments here and there. We need to find a way to end it!!

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #875 of 1,468
I didn't compare, but I did own the HD800S and had the HD820 with me for a few weeks. I really enjoyed the 800S but the 820 did nothing for me at all and the fit was very problematic. First headphone that I tried and could not get to stay properly in place. The 800S is a different headphone altogether, it crackles with speed and micro-detail. The HP-3 is certainly a little less nimble and smoother, but it is a glorious and engaging signature to my ears. Both are different and if you lean toward detail retrieval and pure speed the HD800S stands a good chance of being a good call; however, if you like rich weighty notes and some warmth the Klipsch is the better choice. Both are simply fantastic headphones and if I could have afforded to keep the HD800S I would have. I can't say if I had both at the same time whether I would keep the HP-3 or the 800S, but my instincts tell me I would go with the HP-3. It just has such a rich, bold and big sound without straying far from audiophile sensibility.
You raise an interesting point. If the fit varies and is dependent on head size, how could a conclusive definition of the sound signature be arrived at?

Feb 19, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #876 of 1,468
You raise an interesting point. If the fit varies and is dependent on head size, how could a conclusive definition of the sound signature be arrived at?
Agreed, but I was able to hold the cups in place to listen so I did achieve stability of position through that means. The 820 just did not do anything for me I am sorry to say, and I was rather excited to hear it. The 800S I loved so it was surprising to me that my experience with the 820 went the way it did. Oh well, I am sure there are many others who very much enjoy the 820.

Feb 22, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #877 of 1,468
Agreed, but I was able to hold the cups in place to listen so I did achieve stability of position through that means. The 820 just did not do anything for me I am sorry to say, and I was rather excited to hear it. The 800S I loved so it was surprising to me that my experience with the 820 went the way it did. Oh well, I am sure there are many others who very much enjoy the 820.
Thank you for your reply. I did not mean you personally, as you were able to make it fit in a position to judge the sound. I was referring to in general, where different head shape and sizes would get a different seal, and therefore different take on the sound, and it would be hard to conclusively determine what the 820 actually sounded like.

Feb 22, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #878 of 1,468
Thank you for your reply. I did not mean you personally, as you were able to make it fit in a position to judge the sound. I was referring to in general, where different head shape and sizes would get a different seal, and therefore different take on the sound, and it would be hard to conclusively determine what the 820 actually sounded like.
No worries, thanks for the clarification. Yes, my friend who I sold the 820 for could not get the fit right and found it very frustrating and as you would expect impossible to find a consistent sound. I was shocked by how hard it was to get any type of decent fit. I know that I have a smallish head, but I have always been able to get at least an acceptable fit, but not with the 820. Shame as I don't think I heard what it is capable of.

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #880 of 1,468
See this message folks???? This guy have been proven to be a scammer. He has scammed ALL of the headphones he mentioned from people on here, Reddit, and other audio site. If you get a message to trade from a guy named Justin Ruiz a 123* Lakeshore Drive, Camden, NJ or someone with the last name Bieladzska first name rhymes with Stan at 28* Morris Drive, West Deptford, NJ..............RUN AWAY!!!!!

The community has been infiltrated by this prick and he starts off like this, with little comments here and there. We need to find a way to end it!!

Yes this guy tried to trade my CA Vegas for his HP-3. I thankfully did a google search on his address before I shipped. On the positive side is that I do have a used HP-3 on the way from someone legitimate!

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #881 of 1,468
My wife thinks they look wonderful and she even asked if I could get my hands on one of the lighter models. The ebony is on the way but if anyone here has one of the lighter colors, and would prefer the ebony, I would trade.

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #882 of 1,468
Yes this guy tried to trade my CA Vegas for his HP-3. I thankfully did a google search on his address before I shipped. On the positive side is that I do have a used HP-3 on the way from someone legitimate!
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Having said that, I too am interested in picking up a pair of the HP-3s. If anyone wishes to part with theirs, please email me.

Apr 1, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #883 of 1,468
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Having said that, I too am interested in picking up a pair of the HP-3s. If anyone wishes to part with theirs, please email me.

I guarantee you he has a new head-fi account by now. Just be careful with any trade for a HP-3 with a new head-fier

Apr 1, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #884 of 1,468
I think the HP-3 will be a long term keeper for me. There is just something about the sound signature and aesthetics that really work for me. So well made that it feels like they could last for quite some time.

Apr 5, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #885 of 1,468
i think the cables from the focal elear should fit the klipsch. anybody know if this is true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back