Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Aug 9, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #301 of 1,468
Skylar has said many times the driver is built in house

The headphone is made in China, not California. The driver is built to their specs but I highly doubt they actually make the drivers themselves. Most companies in this industry use OEM's, especially for drivers. At least Klipsch is upfront about who their OEM is.

Aug 9, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #302 of 1,468
The headphone is made in China, not California. The driver is built to their specs but I highly doubt they actually make the drivers themselves. Most companies in this industry use OEM's, especially for drivers. At least Klipsch is upfront about who their OEM is.
As I said Skylar has said many times that the driver is build by audioquest from the ground up.

Aug 9, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #304 of 1,468
Depends n the tuning. Low ohm biocellulose drivers suffer from treble roughness so that's pretty much a given but it depends how they go about minimizing that - Skylar voldted the bass to mask it on the Nighthawk for example.

It will no doubt sound a little different than the Fostex variants having direct escape being semi open. It depends on how good they are at getting the tuning right.

I think chances are it will end up in the mix of biocellulose drivers, behind the Eikon and in with the mid ranged phones lile the TH600-TH900 and all the variants. Let's see.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #305 of 1,468
Its way too quiet around here. I saw that Klipsch was added to the RMAF headphone exhibit list so I imagine this will be the first time that the phones will be shown publicly. Are the mini meets with the Klipsch team prior to RMAF still on?
If they build them, we will come. Any headphone manufacturer should know this by now. So build them. These 8-12 month preambles get very long and old after a while. "Touring" the headphone in advance just seems to get 1000 different opinions for the manufacturer to reference in order to select the 'final sonic character'.

Aug 10, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #306 of 1,468
I really wish that Klipsch would build a 300 ohm or even a 600ohm version like Beyerdynamic. I'm concerned about how these headphones will pair with high power desktop amps. I'm anticipating very little range for my volume pot. 25 ohm is great for DAP's but not so much for high power tube amps.

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #307 of 1,468
IMG_0902.JPG

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #310 of 1,468
Some new images from production.

Sorry we have been quiet, lots going on. Really tried to create a meet up listening session but got less than 10 people responding, so it just didn't seem like we would get a big turnout.

We have officially signed the agreement and will be at Can Jam.

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #315 of 1,468
Some new images from production.

Sorry we have been quiet, lots going on. Really tried to create a meet up listening session but got less than 10 people responding, so it just didn't seem like we would get a big turnout.

We have officially signed the agreement and will be at Can Jam.

They are looking good as usual. Sorry to hear about the meet. I understand your reasoning and might have even done the same if it was me, but I was really looking forward to getting some opinions from people who don't work for Klipsch, no offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back