Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Aug 15, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #316 of 1,468
Hey Steve, awesome pics of the cup construction.

A couple of quick questions ... are these headphones being built or assembled in the USA like your other heritage products? I know the drivers are made by Fostex but are they also building the rest of the headphone?

Also, I was hoping you could comment, if possible, on any differences in sound between the three wood types. Lastly, do you still plan to offer different types of ear pads for sound turning suck as perforated leather and velour?

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #318 of 1,468
Hey Steve, awesome pics of the cup construction.

A couple of quick questions ... are these headphones being built or assembled in the USA like your other heritage products? I know the drivers are made by Fostex but are they also building the rest of the headphone?

Also, I was hoping you could comment, if possible, on any differences in sound between the three wood types. Lastly, do you still plan to offer different types of ear pads for sound turning suck as perforated leather and velour?

Hey Andrew,

The HP's are made in China, at this retail it is not possible to make them in the US. If we are success with this series, we of course would love to make some in our Hope Arkansas factory (this is our secret goal, make HP3 a success and build something in Hope too), but I believe you would see $2000+ retail if/when we are able to make this a reality.

I haven't had enough time yet to be able to hear a difference in the 3 wood types yet, although the materials are finished and coated which I believe will make noticeable sound differences non existent. Thats my opinion and not super technical, but if the wood was untreated, I believe there could be a sonic difference, once coated and clear coated, the material is a little more dead.

Yes we do plan to offer multiple ear pads, however I don't think they will be in the box. As we get real close to first shipment, we are hitting some financial challenges to include everything we want "in the box".

A question to the community, would you prefer a HP stand in the box in favor of extra ear pads? If we switch, whatever isn't included would be available at an extra cost...

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #321 of 1,468
IMG_1067.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1281.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Aug 24, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #323 of 1,468
I would much rather have the option for multiple pads in the box. If I need an extra HP stand I'll buy one separately.

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #326 of 1,468
I't seems these will be semi open instead of open design. Four openings and the center hole + thick looking mesh cover. Are these supposed to be mostly open like T1 or allmost closed like th900?

These are semi opens, sorta halfway between the two. Thats why I'm so curious about these, the only other headphone that has a similar design is the Nighthawk ... keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't sound like the Nighthawk.

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #327 of 1,468
Hey Steve ... I remember reading many months ago (I think @Grodzman said it) that when designing these, you guys acquired current flagships from other companies to test. I was curious what specific models were referenced and how the HP3 compares sonically. I understand if you can't or don't want to post you or Vlad's impressions of the HP3's sound relative to other products but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. We are just eagerly waiting for impressions is all.

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #328 of 1,468
I'm on the fence between stand vs pads. If the pads will make a notable fit/feel/performance change, then I'd lean more that way. If the standard pad is the ideal option for most people, then the stand would be of more use I think. If you can share what the pad options would be that may help.

Aug 24, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #329 of 1,468
These are semi opens, sorta halfway between the two. Thats why I'm so curious about these, the only other headphone that has a similar design is the Nighthawk ... keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't sound like the Nighthawk.

They better not, cuz the Nighthawk (and NightOwl) already have the 'dull-and-lifeless' sounding headphone market cornered.

Aug 24, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #330 of 1,468
A question to the community, would you prefer a HP stand in the box in favor of extra ear pads? If we switch, whatever isn't included would be available at an extra cost...

Definitely the pads. Especially if you can include a pair that has a 'neutral' tuning and a second pair that has a 'fun' tuning, like the Beyerdynamic DT 1990.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back