Klipsch Custom-3 VS Shure SE530
Dec 20, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard the custom 3's; just the fact its called the custom 3 when it isn't a triple driver turns me off. seems just a way to hype something with no substance to back it up. haven't heard much good about it either really; but I wont enter into that because I cant speak from experience.

But the shures 530's... does that mean that they are five armatures?

Dec 20, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, 530 armatures, I believe
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

oh what whit. no its just that they have taken 2 things in the IEM world that are really hot at the moment. customs and triple driver. and it is neither. whereas the SE530 is part of a long progression and a large product line. what is custom about it?? and what does the 3 stand for?? please explain??

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh what whit. no its just that they have taken 2 things in the IEM world that are really hot at the moment. customs and triple driver. and it is neither. whereas the SE530 is part of a long progression and a large product line. what is custom about it?? and what does the 3 stand for?? please explain??

Hey Gusp mate, I agree it's a dodgy choice of title for Klipsch's IEM line (the Custom line), but once you familiarise yourself with it what is there is to get your knickers in a twist about? Surely, these being products released into a niche market where customers are rarely gona blindly buy without researching the item a fair bit before committing to a purchase, even if it was a deliberate ploy, it's not gona foool many for long.

Dec 21, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #20 of 33
no knickers in a twist here. just explaining my bemusement with the naming conventions. and still noone has explained why it is called that. seems awfully convenient dont you think when it is neither custom or 3 of anything??

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #21 of 33
Just like the shure se 530 the klipsch custom 3 is in a line. Custom 2 and Custom 1. So its just right to go from 1 to 3, Second of all, who cares about names, its just a way to distinct themselves.

What should they have done, said Custom 2.1 ? Thats lame.

Also just want to mention that I've heard the Shure SE310, I believe thats the numbwer, compares to the Klipsch Custom 3 , and really sound can't compete with the Custom 3's, and comfort is no match Klipsch doesn't win, because its all what people like. You want a huge cable, get the Shures, you want comfort and sound, and a little annoyance with microphonics, get the Custom 3. The only reason why I want someone to compare the SE530's are because they are overrated shure product, which is good but not amazing, and want to see how it compares to a solid IEM from a first timer in the IEM market.

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #23 of 33
the whole naming convention is lame then. nothing custom about it and nothing to do with whats inside either. stoopid.

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #25 of 33
Fair enough. It is an ill-advised naming scheme for a universal line of IEM's. I agree. But you're looking at Custom 3 model singulary. If you examine it as the flagship of a line, which it is, then it makes sense. Custom 1-custom2-custom3. Secondly, regardless of this, once you know that it's neither a custom offering nor has 3 transducers as its innards (ie it's a universal earphone and has 2 drivers), then you discard the confusion in the title of the model and compartmentalise it as a 2 driver IEM offering, called the Custom 3, from the maunfacturer Klipsch. Hard work? Nah not really. To dismiss an IEM offering on this notion is pretty lame IMHO (and I know you're not dismissing it just on this Gusp, but still, it's not hard to get your head around and you're using it as a convenient acessory to dismiss this product, which I don't agree with).

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #26 of 33
I agree with Bloodsugar.

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #27 of 33
alright I submit; that would be a bad reason to dismiss it. its just lucky I have other reasons. I hate their home theatre systems; all boom and no finesse IMHO. and I feel that; like them their IEM's are all style and no substance; which matches nicely with my views on the naming thing. some people might like them and thats cool. no problem with that. but I just hate this type of marketing. i'm currently a chef but in a previous life I was a photographer and graphic designer that did a lot of branding. now some people might accuse apple of that too, but having used their computers for over 15 years for projects that had high demands and needed to be stable; I can say that is a crock IMO (I know no-body has said anything about it. but there's always one). so I wont TOTALLY right these off because I havent heard the 'custom' line for any length of time, but if they sound anything like there speakers do; then i'll stay right away

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #28 of 33
How do you not like Klipsch Home Theatre speakers? I bet you like Bose home theatre's. Every Mac user likes Bose, which is crap. Mac's are alright, if you need to do stuff like you just said, but Macs can't compete with PC's for everything else. It would be better if Macs were built like Sony's. But you can't have it all, and eat your cake too.

Dec 22, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

How do you not like Klipsch Home Theatre speakers? I bet you like Bose home theatre's. Every Mac user likes Bose, which is crap. Mac's are alright, if you need to do stuff like you just said, but Macs can't compete with PC's for everything else. It would be better if Macs were built like Sony's. But you can't have it all, and eat your cake too.

how can you question if he likes klipsch home theatre systems? isnt that his choice, klipsch has a very unique sound, they build there systems usually around horn speakers, this is thier speciality and has been for years and although the technology they use is of high quality and has its good points it does mean they tend to have a very unique sound and not everybody likes this.

and your talking just like a typical head fi newb by saying ''i bet you like bose home theatres''
k701smile.gif
i mean come on stop being an idiot with comments like that, have you listened to every bose system out there ( and there are a lot ), because i tell you what bose has made some awesome sounding equipment, if you read experienced head fi'ers comments more closely you will see that the bose quality isnt the problem, its the price they charge for that quality...newb.

Dec 22, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #30 of 33
I think Klipsch Custom 3 are really amazing(natural warm sound signature, with great bass n warm fwrd midrange) for rock, instrumental pop n vocal. Also better than SF5pro n SE310 to shows details in mids with great bass extention(so overall it's close to SE530).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back