• A&K SP1000

• Lotoo Paw Gold

• Ibasso Dx200Ti

• Lp6Ti

• Cowon P2 MKII

• A&K SP2000

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 30, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #121 of 221
I sell gear for a living, and I always try to get them to focus on the music, and to remember why they are buying it in the first place. I do not judge people who are gear-heads for the sake of being gear-heads. Just try to keep music lovers from falling down that slippery slope.

I have avoided some gear that I truly loved because it had to many adjustable parameters-figured I'd spend all my precious music-listening time listeing to switch positions.... May have to turn in my audiophile credentials one of these days... :ksc75smile:
So when selling is it best to stay neutral and mainly point out what the gear can do ?

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #122 of 221
I try to find out what the customer wants (then try to make sure they have the correct info to be sure that's really what they want), then I try to steer them toward what will work well for them, within their taste and budget. Sometimes that means telling them not to buy anything, if they can already dow what they want with the gear they already have (a feature they might have missed, for example). What I try to do is to cter to their taste, not enforce mine.

Unfortunately, I'm not always very good at following my own advice...

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #123 of 221
@fzman how has the Sony NW - WM1Z blossomed after having fully burned it in?

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #124 of 221
@fzman how has the Sony NW - WM1Z blossomed after having fully burned it in?
N8 sounds way better even through its SE. Then you have SE Tube then you have 4.4. That Sony is history.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #126 of 221
Jul 2, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #127 of 221
I only tried a burned in wm1z for a couple of hours and while I liked it, it doesn't have much power and I prefer AK sp1000

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #130 of 221
I’ve recently sold my DX200Ti, as good as it is, I’ve found myself with a 1Z. After having a proper listen to this player at home instead of at Canjam the musicality hit me and the texture of the music is something very special indeed. This is exactly the sound signature that’s for me and the word you mentioned that has the biggest and most important effects on me...emotional.
I also recently tried the A&K SP1000 found it similar to the Ti, blacker background and a slightly bigger soundstage but that was about it. Would I have bought that over the Ti, if I wanted better UI and build then yeah I would. But based on sound alone, no way !!!
But the 1Z on the other hand, holy s#+t this thing injects steroids into my Andromeda’s and has turned them into something special indeed.
The battery life is insane and I’m wondering how did Sony fit a tiny reactor into this device lol I was lucky to get 6 hours from my DX200Ti
The build quality is simply the best I’ve seen.
Just like my HiFi this thing will be with me for a very long time, so I guess I’ll be changing my vote after this full stop.

The only thing WM1Z lacks is the power to drive full-size headphones, which the Dx200Ti has. Sound preferences asides

This is why I have this lady (DMP) here, because I am a headphones person . I would still turn around and grab my Ibasso DX220 for the portability and driving factors :)

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #131 of 221
Good question, its on my list. If it has a different tone and I like it then Ill get it. HBB the reviewer had the SS and now has the BB.

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #132 of 221
The only thing WM1Z lacks is the power to drive full-size headphones, which the Dx200Ti has. Sound preferences asides

This is why I have this lady (DMP) here, because I am a headphones person . I would still turn around and grab my Ibasso DX220 for the portability and driving factors :)
Had the Ti, as good as it is, wasn’t for me where as the 1Z suits my tastes way more and I’m not really a full size headphone kind of person. I have a few full size, but rarely use them but still sound great through the WA2 when I feel the need. But you’ve seen my HiFi, that is where I’m at when I need that full room filling sound. Can’t beat it :L3000:

Jul 2, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #133 of 221

I love my Shure SRH 1540 headphones with the Sony NW-WM1A. Which headphones are you using typically?

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #135 of 221

In that term, from portables available by Sony at the moment, only the PHA3 has the full power to drive a full sized headphones, right? It's more power hungry than the WM1z.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back