KINERA | QOA Discussion Thread
Aug 22, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #91 of 128
This exclusive HK version of the PHOENIXCALL is the best I've seen.

Sad cant get purchase outside HK

1692657973036.jpg

Aug 28, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #92 of 128
I've had a week with my Baldr OG.
They are gradually revealing more and more of a wonderful sound.
Definitely a case of diminishing returns but there are definitely improvements and differences over the Mangird Tea 2. Phew!

More thoughts.
A nice short body on the 3.5mm plug and a functioning chin slider are very nice touches. Also the earhooks are both angled so that as the cable leaves the plug it aims behind your ear not in front, every cable I've had has had one side heading in the wrong direction.

Sound wise.
Rather than a huge general improvement over the Tea 2 it's an increase in depth and layers.

Aug 28, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #93 of 128
I've had a week with my Baldr OG.
They are gradually revealing more and more of a wonderful sound.
Definitely a case of diminishing returns but there are definitely improvements and differences over the Mangird Tea 2. Phew!

More thoughts.
A nice short body on the 3.5mm plug and a functioning chin slider are very nice touches. Also the earhooks are both angled so that as the cable leaves the plug it aims behind your ear not in front, every cable I've had has had one side heading in the wrong direction.

Sound wise.
Rather than a huge general improvement over the Tea 2 it's an increase in depth and layers.
Ive been so close to purchase one to my collection.

Glad you enjoy, KINERA is just a lovely brand, maybe they like too much volume on upper-mids. But the latest releases from the brand, seems a little bit relaxed (more western market oriented)

Aug 28, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #96 of 128
Mail call.

It travel by AVIATION, and carries some RUMIMG_20230828_185811-01.jpegMVIMG_20230828_185941-01.jpeg

First impressions tomorrow...

Stay tuned guys.

Ey, new shiny! Looking forward for the impressions. You should get a coupler one day to measure all these kinera

Sep 10, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #98 of 128
Those impressions you mention?
Hi @AndreRitter but latest weeks were a nightmare, too much work.

Ive been listening the AVIATION for these two weeks. These are my impressions.

no*SOUND presenta…
TECHNICAL TRAVEL
QOA AVIATION

1000001087-01.jpeg

🔈 Driver Setup. 1DD 8mm – 2x Knowles 32873 (mid & high) - 1x Knowles 33518 (for high & ultrahigh)
✨Sen & Imp. 118dB/mW | 39Ω
💰 Price. 140€ (discounted for review)

✅ Impresionante construccion por 200€ / Incredible build for less than 200$
✅ Sub-bass limpio y con pegada / Clean & punchy Sub-bass
✅ Amplia escena, gran cantidad de aire entre los elementos / Airy-presentation with Good space between elements
✅ Kinera madurando hacia tuning mas neutrales-tecnicos / Kinera growing to more mature technical tunings

🟡 Presentación sin demasiada altura / Lacks on scene-height
🟡 No perdona las malas grabaciones / Not forgiving bad recordings

⭕ El conector de 2.5mm se ha debido perder por el camino / 2.5mm connector is missing

EVALUATION A
For a bass-warm lover, this tuning could be a little dry, but have to recognise the the way that KINERA is trying to innovate. I could bet this Driver is the same that comes in the NORN, wich is one of the best Ive heard under 500€. But this time QOA is relaxed a little bit on the high frequencies, giving us the chances to turn up the volume to enjoy the punch-bass when the song has some.

From a technical perspective, it remember me so much to the BLESSING 2 OG, with tons of subbass (a technical one), but keeping the same voice presentation. For my perspective is a real all-rounder and beatiful pick that can show anyone that doesnt know about this hobby what is "hi-fi".

It "lands" on a really competitive market, the sub200 is right now a nightmare, but the complete package, makes this AVIATION a perfect gift for someone that wants something relaxed-technical and a beautiful package-build.

I hope KINERA still going on this way, Im already hyped for the next release. 2 of 2 on this year (MARGARITA and AVIATION)

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #101 of 128

Users who are viewing this thread

Back