KINERA | QOA Discussion Thread
Aug 24, 2022 at 12:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 128

PROblemdetected

Previously known as sakt1moko
banner.jpg

Welcome to the discussion thread of KINERA | QOA

KINERA was founded in Dongguan (China) in 2011. It has been developing & creating audio patents ever since. In parallel, it has also launched several headphones with its own technology shifting away from the market, and showing It´s own personality both in design & branding.

During the last years, Kinera´s strategy has focused on the overseas market, continuing with the development of Hybrid and Dynamic technologies led by a young R&D team. The whole process is owned by this team, which also designs and manufactures their own dynamic drivers within spectacular capsules.

QOA borns with the idea to incorporate new perspectives to the audio market. From entry-to-top level products, employing drivers for brands like KNOWLES and SONION, designing different from other brands. That's the unique personality of QOA, providing excellent sound and quality on beautiful products, paying attention to details.

For the reasons exposed above together with the imminent launch of their budget planar iem, I have decided to create a post to discuss about this and any other launches of this company, which I am a great fan of.

We are KINERA, In ears Monitor Company. Our goal is to bring the most valuable earphones to the market and we treasure every single piece of advice from you.
More info on...
QoA Queen of Audio is an audio brand founded in 2019. As a unique personality of QoA, the name of the cocktail is adopted in the product group of the current lineup.The concept is to provide excellent sound quality & high quality and beautiful IEM.
More info on...

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #4 of 128
Kinera stuffs are beautiful to look at. I haven’t got a chance to listen to one yet, but I hope that they are as good sounding as their look.

Those planar IEMs look fun. I wonder if they would do a head-fi review tour. Otherwise buying one for review does not seem like a bad idea, given the unique driver configuration.

Aug 26, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #5 of 128
Kinera stuffs are beautiful to look at. I haven’t got a chance to listen to one yet, but I hope that they are as good sounding as their look.

Those planar IEMs look fun. I wonder if they would do a head-fi review tour. Otherwise buying one for review does not seem like a bad idea, given the unique driver configuration.
From a Kinera user (Actually I've got the vesper, adonis, norn, freya and idun 2.0)
They are truly unique making some beutiful headphones, and really special tuning on every each of them.

About the CELEST, the launch is dated for the september 1st, for my Its an insta-sold at that price and configuration

Aug 27, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #7 of 128
Another review, this time the marvelous NORN

Click on the photo to check the review

Your review has a professional look and feel to it. Nicely done.

You seem to be carrying the Kinera thread here mate :dt880smile: How did you choose to buy Kinera IEMs? I know they are pretty, but I would have a hard time blind buying something more than $100 from an online store. Have you got a chance to audition them somewhere?

Aug 28, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #8 of 128
Thanks for your words.

Well, I see other brands here getting attention, and I was surprised that KINERA (and other brands) don't have any discussion thread, so I started to write… at the same time I'm learning some BB CODE and trying to improve my English

Why I choose KINERA? Luck. I've been upgrading my gear since 2019, so I tried a lot of “recommended and hyped” iems. Some of them are boring or doing the same tuning... Until a used FREYA appeared with a really nice price (I had the VESPER, and I like a lot, I usually like relaxed bass tuning, little bit darker)

When I received the FREYA I feel how important is for this brand the presentation, the attention to details, make something different. FREYA is pretty unique on the tuning (like the recently iem I've purchased IKKO OH2) with that mid bass bump, without any bleed on the mids. Yeah, probably, voices are so much on the front, and got some troubles on the highs, but a lot of iems that I read here with the tag of "endgame" got the same issues.

So yeah, blind buying, gambling with my ears and pocket. 🤣🤣🤣

After that I get the NORN (here, on classified again) because I want the more basshead-iem KINERA has. Again, another different and special one.

But If u want the best perfomance-ratio, with splendid package, just get the IDUN 2.0 neutral-warmth and analytical earphone.
Your review has a professional look and feel to it. Nicely done.

You seem to be carrying the Kinera thread here mate :dt880smile: How did you choose to buy Kinera IEMs? I know they are pretty, but I would have a hard time blind buying something more than $100 from an online store. Have you got a chance to audition them somewhere?

Aug 31, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #11 of 128
After that I get the NORN (here, on classified again) because I want the more basshead-iem KINERA has. Again, another different and special one.
I've just picked up the Norn used from a forum member, and I can confirm that it is indeed a basshead IEM, but not bloated in any way

I'm comparing it to the Ikko OH10 Obsidian, which has been my go-to for several months now. The mid-bass hump of the Norn is slightly bigger / broader vs. the OH10, so on a few tracks it can feel a bit boomy, but those tracks sound that way no matter what IEM I'm using. I think the stereo separation / soundstage on the OH10 is a bit wider as well. BUT, the Norn has a cleaner, more cohesive sound than the OH10, and it a bit more energetic, aggressive sounding. The OH10 sounds more recessed, even though I wouldn't call the Norn mid-centric. Fiio and Moondrop IEMs are too mid-centric for me -- the Norn is perfect to me.

Really glad I got the Norn.

Aug 31, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #12 of 128
I've just picked up the Norn used from a forum member, and I can confirm that it is indeed a basshead IEM, but not bloated in any way

I'm comparing it to the Ikko OH10 Obsidian, which has been my go-to for several months now. The mid-bass hump of the Norn is slightly bigger / broader vs. the OH10, so on a few tracks it can feel a bit boomy, but those tracks sound that way no matter what IEM I'm using. I think the stereo separation / soundstage on the OH10 is a bit wider as well. BUT, the Norn has a cleaner, more cohesive sound than the OH10, and it a bit more energetic, aggressive sounding. The OH10 sounds more recessed, even though I wouldn't call the Norn mid-centric. Fiio and Moondrop IEMs are too mid-centric for me -- the Norn is perfect to me.

Really glad I got the Norn.
Yeah. The NORN compared to the OH10 sounds cleaner. the ikko one is more on the "muddy" side.

Anyways, voices on the NORN are much clear, and with a little smaller stage has a so much better imaging/layering.

Like I said on the review, Its a hidden gem, but you should like v(u)-shaped tuning to appreciate.

Nice to hear good news about the norn, enjoy them!

Sep 8, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #15 of 128
I ordered one mostly out of curiosity, and because I wanted something a bit more fun to listen to than the Dioko, mostly based on Ian Fann preview of the prototype.
I really hope it's good, but at that price I'm not taking a huge risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back