Kicking off 2016 with a Toronto / GTA meet on Saturday January 30th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #106 of 138
Hi guys – unfortunately I won’t be able to make this meet
frown.gif
. I was just recently released from the Royal Victoria Hospital after spending 3 days in isolation and another week in recovery after suffering my second COPD related bout of pneumonia, and I’m still not quite over it.  Add to that, just a few days before my hospitalization I was diagnosed with prostate cancer
eek.gif
.  Fortunately I had some decent portable audio gear for the hospital and to come home to my Baby Orpheus, KGSS and some great tunes to speed up recovery
dt880smile.png

Look forward to seeing y’all at the next meet.

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”  - Bob Marley

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #107 of 138
Jeeze...  I am so sorry to hear about your health issues; my heart goes out you.

My wife and I were at the air port this morning and we were waiting in line for Timms and in front of us was a bald lady with her husband.  She wore a T-shirt that said something to the effect of, "I beat cancer and now I'm living my life!"

Hang in there, cancer can be beat.  Make a speedy recovery buddy and we will see you at the next meet!

-Paul

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #109 of 138
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Really sorry to hear that, but as Paul mentioned, stay strong and it can be beaten! (my mom went theough Stage 3 breast cancer when I was in high school, now 15 yrs in remission!).

Happy to hear the music is helping you keep your spirits up!

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #110 of 138
In terms of gear for sale, all I can say is bring a fat wallet :wink: Everything is awesome and custom with one exception. Amps in the 1.2k range, plus my Buffalo DAC with Gilmore Dynalo balanced as a package for 2.5k it's basically a very high end DAC and an amp with same design as HeadAmp GS-X ($2800 retail) but with a simpler power supply.

Lots of RCA and XLR cables available.

Also, I have a 6ft cable ready for a recable job or custom cable. This is stranded pure silver, not spc. Basically the best of the best and highly prized cable for headphones available. It's only available at a couple of sources and goes for about $8USD/ft. For a 4 wire, 6 ft cable, that's 24ft of wire and in Canadian dollars is just about $275. That's just the wire. So if you're interested in something amazing, please let me know. I am willing to build you a cable or recable your headphones at around material costs.

Jan 30, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #114 of 138
  anyone have some new(ish) spinfit (or spiral dot) tips they want to donate/sell?  if you can bring them to the meet, reply here and let me know....

I ordered a pack of large spinfits from CTCaudio, it comes with two sets so I could sell you the other one, although it probably wont arrive till sometime this week

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #119 of 138
Hi everyone! Thanks for a great meet. Didn't take any notes this time, but had loads of great conversations and a wonderful time seeing new and familiar faces. Whoever changed my Winamp library view is forgiven - I figured it out again! Pavel: if you are going to start a different thread for feedback, I'll post pictures there. Thanks for hosting! I'll bring fancy name tags next time! Cheers - J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back